Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-18-2012, 06:00 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Wanting to sign up but a little confused..

Ok so I am 90% sure that I am going to sign up with jamberry nails. I was exploring the forums and I saw someone say that you can buy the sheilds for 10.50 and if you sell them for 15.00 you can keep the difference..so why would you get a commission check for 30% if you did that?
Also, what are the best tools that you use to put them on..I know the cuticle pusher, but what do you use to cut them down before you apply them if they are too big for your nail. I know you can cut them in half so that you can get another set out of them,,but is it best to cut them in half while they are still on the paper or take them off, cut them and stick them back on the sheet..just looking for tips..thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Super WAHM

Hi,
I'm so glad to hear taht you want to sign up with Jamberry Nails! I really think that once you try them, you'll be hooked!!

So, to answer your questions-If you buy the nail shields at wholesale, then sell them at full price, you would not get commission on those shields. That would be because the 3.50 you made selling them WOULD be your commission. If you sell them at a party for full price, or if someone buys from you online, then you would receive 30% commission. I hope I didn't confuse you. Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

Also, pretty much everything you need comes with the kit. You'll get little scissors for trimming the shields (or cutting them in half), files, cuticle pushers, etc. The only additional things you will absolutely need would be cotton balls and nail polish remover or alcohol. I like taking the shields off then cutting them so I can get the measurement as close to my nail as possible. That gives me a little more extra then if I just cut them in half.

Good luck in your decision!

Last edited by littleshamrock; 02-18-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:21 PM
Super WAHM

I just wanted to add this in case you haven't found it anywhere else:
Your consultant kit is $99, and that's it!! You are not required to buy anything else. Jamberry has no monthly quotas or auto-ship programs. You will receive:

50 Catalogs
50 Brochures
100 order forms
Rubber Cuticle Pusher
100 Orange Sticks
5 Crystal Files
Hair dryer
Consultant Guide
3 Buffers
3 Sets of Scissors
50 Sample cards/Business Cards
1 Sheet of Nails in the Kit
Credit to order 3 sheets of nails of your choosing (This is worth half the kit right here!)
3 months of use on your personal website (This is a great way to get your business started online!)
Old 02-19-2012, 07:06 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks so much for you help..that makes sense..so I have another question. It is my understanding that a salon owner can be a consultant..but I also understand that we can not sell them retail in any store..so what is to keep a salon owner from having a display and selling them to her customers, or even putting them on for them. It doesn't seem fair to us that are not salon owners!
Old 02-19-2012, 08:16 AM
Super WAHM

A salon owner can't resell the shields, BUT can sell them as a service. So they could charge $xx to have a manicure and shields applied. Does that make sense?
Old 02-19-2012, 10:39 AM
WAHM Regular

Yes that does make sense! And as a consultant you can not charge to put them on..I was thinking it would be a good sell to girls for prom and all those activities,,but as a consultant you can not say--I will put them on for you for xx amount of dollars?
Bottom line if you are licensed you can charge to put them on but not sell, but if you are a consultant not licensed you can sell them but not put them on?
Does that sound right?
Old 02-19-2012, 10:47 AM
Super WAHM

Exactly, you can only apply them if you're licensed.