WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself & miscellaneous talk (https://www.wahm.com/forum/introduce-yourself-miscellaneous-talk-33/)
-   -   Suggestions? (https://www.wahm.com/forum/introduce-yourself-miscellaneous-talk-33/723440-suggestions.html)

CathyRae 12-29-2013 02:33 PM

Suggestions?

I have been a member on this site for a while. I want to start working from home but all I have is an iPhone. What suggestions do you guys have for me? I need to make some extra money to help with bills and such.

danasurvey 12-29-2013 04:53 PM

I'd really recommend making the investment in a laptop or desktop computer if you are serious about working from home. You may also be able to write it off as a business/job expense on your taxes.

MariaThompson 12-29-2013 06:37 PM

Hi CathyRae,

This is a great question.

There are literally dozens of ways to make money with an iPhone. I have plans on writing an e-book about the best way actually - which is why this thread caught my attention. I'll be keeping that one under wraps for now, but let me give you another idea.

Do a search for apps that pay; either online or on the app store. Some will pay you for receiving calls, others for searching Google maps, and so forth. Too many to list here and I don't want to give any app makers free publicity or promote my own.

Take a look around Google on this subject, too. Some good sites review many of these apps and should help get you started.

You can then, of course, use the extra cash to invest in a laptop.

Hope that helps!

CathyRae 02-04-2014 05:25 PM

more suggestions?

Hello again. So I found a great deal on a laptop, but now I do not have a phone... What kind of work do you suggest to work online without a phone? I work full time during the day as a office manager/ receptionist and accounts payable/ receivable. I have a BS in education and taught in preschool for 20 years.

Thanks,
Cathy

malea 02-04-2014 05:29 PM

You can work mturk from your phone as we as writing jobs .

CathyRae 03-14-2014 07:09 PM

Okay, I have a laptop, wifi, and a cell phone. My husband has lost his job. I need to make some extra money to help with the monthly bills. I work full time as an receptionist/cmms/office assistant. I also have 20 years experience in child care. I really need some suggestions. I do not have money to start a business... I need some help... Is anyone willing to mentor me. I am not sure where to start or what companies are good to work for... Thank you.

malea 03-14-2014 07:33 PM

The best place to find jobs on this site is the "Telecomuting " folder. Companies place job openings on there all the time. Also , People that are looking for jobs share companies that are hiring currently.

danasurvey 03-14-2014 09:03 PM

I agree about the Telecommuting Folder. You can also check the Promote your Business section for other opportunities. A lot of us earn income from multiple places/sources too.

AldenteVonTino 03-15-2014 07:25 AM

I may not have much experience in the work at home department yet, but your plea for help did pull something out of me I do have: Encouragement.
Don't give up! Always try to see the positive in any situation.
I will say this: you are already a success before you see it, simply because you reached out and asked the question.
:cool:

healthysolutions 03-15-2014 02:09 PM

Hello I sent you a PM.