Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:42 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Hi All

My name is Kelly and I am a scheduler for a mystery shopping company called A Closer Look. It is a smaller company with a very welcoming staff.

I am not a mom--well not to human children. My fiance and I currently have 4 dogs, 2 cats, and a flying squirrel. He is animal obsessed and I am fairly certain the sequel to We Bought a Zoo will be about us. I am an aunt though.

Hobbies: I coupon. I use several rebate apps and coupon websites to ensure I get the best deal. Recently, I spent $400 on 4 months of groceries. Yep. I am getting better. I also like crafting. I like to discover new uses for old things because I'd rather they found new life than wind up in the garbage. And I procrastinate. I have tons of projects I have been thinking about for ages that I have not even started yet. I also have no excuses for not starting them other than being forgetful or lazy.

I also like to read. I'm trying to work my way through the classics and keep getting distracted. I am halfway through War and Peace and Don Quixote Part 2. I am on Chapter 5 of Little Women, I recently read a few of the Wizard of Oz books and started Game of Thrones (no spoilers. I haven't even watched the first season), but right now I am on a bit of a Sherlock Holmes binge. There are too many interesting things and not nearly enough time to explore them all.

I also like to watch movies. I like comparing the movie adaptations to the stories that inspired them. Yes, I am guilty of "The book is better!" The book is almost always better. Screenwriters have a very difficult job adapting works to the minds and imaginations of millions of people. I like movies. I like comedies, romance, drama, mystery, fantasy. My problem is I like movies as much as I like books. It is a constant balancing act.

I also like YouTube. Yep, I watch CinemaSins and Nostalgia Critic pretty much right after I finish viewing a movie and Lost in Adaptation after reading the book.

Oh! The dogs: wolf/malamute hybrid (and gorgeous), French Bulldog, Chihuahua (I said no. He heard yes), and a husky.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2017, 06:45 PM
Grand WAHM

Welcome to the forum Kelly
Old 09-05-2017, 07:39 AM
WAHM Master

Welcome to WAHM It's nice to meet you. I'm a wife and mom of three humans and three dogs. I've worked from home off and on for several years and love it! If you have any questions please ask
Old 09-05-2017, 07:41 AM
Awesome WAHM

Hi Kelly, and welcome.

Sounds like you keep busy trying to focus on your reading activities. I read a lot myself but I never tried to concentrate on more than three books at one time. How do you keep from confusing one from another between the books and the videos?

Took a look at some Wolamute pics. That is a good looking animal. How is its temperament? We have a Black Lab and a Shi Tzu ourselves.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:39 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum

Bonnie
Old 10-30-2017, 07:46 AM
WAHM Regular

Malea, thanks. Figuring out this new job has kept me pretty busy, but I really like it and welcome any advice you have.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:48 AM
WAHM Regular

JoeSpirit: I have a really good memory, but they do blend together after a while. Still, it is interesting to see how authors’ works change as they become reinterpreted through the years.

Wolves (like any large dog) can be dangerous if not handled properly. We do have to stay on our game around her. The hybrid’s name is Crystal. Her temperament is a lot like mine actually. She can be very sweet and loves to play (VERY sharp claws), has a low-tolerance for nonsense (she taught the Chihuahua a lesson recently), and can be very feisty…if she knows you. If she does not know you…well, you don’t want to be in our backyard. Excellent guard dog.

I used to have a Black English lab a few years back.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:22 AM
Awesome WAHM

Yeah, I can imagine how good a guard dog she would be.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:28 AM
Awesome WAHM

Hi Kelly,

It's nice to meet you. I have three kids and a small zoo. I have a dog, three cats, one foster cat, who I am sure will be with us forever, an African Grey Parrot a hermit crab and a goldfish. I had a husky, but we lost her last year . I had another husky when I was younger too. Huskies are great dogs and I am sure the malamute wolf hybrid is beautiful, but all dogs are .

I love to read too and watch movies too, but need to make more time to do so.

Welcome to the forum

Angela
Old 11-01-2017, 06:49 AM
WAHM Regular

We had two wolf-hybrids. Crystal's sister decided to guard us against a mysterious wheat-harvester last year (dug herself out). Still not sure how they did not see her. They are all (mostly) excellent guard dogs. Our wolf thinks she is a lap dog and the chihuahua thought she was a wolf. One romp with Crystal and she learned some humility. Now, she thinks she is a bull-dog.

Angela, African Grey's are really intelligent. Lucky you! We had two hybrids. Snow and Crystal. Snow: Imagine an animal so white that all you see are two blue dots floating in the airw when it snows. Kind of like the spirit wolf from Balto. They are sisters so Crystal is the same except she has one grey sock. I think almost everyone has goldfish at some point. We did have some hermit crabs when I was younger. They don't do much.

Tags
cats, dogs, furbabies, mystery shopping, reading