Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-10-2016, 08:12 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Hi from Work at Home manager of WAHMs

Hi everyone :-)

I'm Casey, from Alabama, but living abroad at the moment. I've been coming to WAHM for years to look at different ideas and job possibilities, but never posted at the forum.

After doing all sorts of random jobs for years, I finally landed a position as a home-based project manager for a retail data research company (kind of like mystery shopping, but different). I get to manage a large number of independent researchers nationwide who go out on Saturday afternoons to their local shopping centers and malls -- they get $25/hr to count traffic coming out of stores for a few hours a week.

Hopefully, I'll be able to help some people here in the forum get some extra projects under their belt and pay the WAHM community back for all the info and advice I gathered from here as a lurker for so long :-)

I'm gonna post here in different forums though and build up a bit of respectability before I post any openings though - this company is (thankfully) entirely on the level.

But even if noone's interested, I'll still post around when I see something I can contribute to. Nice to a part of the WAHM community!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2016, 09:38 PM
Grand WAHM

Welcome to the forum Casey
Old 12-11-2016, 05:54 AM
Super WAHM

Welcome to the forum. How do you enjoy living abroad?
Old 12-11-2016, 07:44 PM
Registered WAHM

Thanks! I enjoy it quite a lot; I've been abroad off and on for the last 12 years, so I'm pretty used to it now :-)

Once you get over the initial culture shock that everyone goes through, you learn to really appreciate the similarities that every place has in terms of family, friendship, etc. I do still miss certain things from the US on a regular basis (for me, my one constant craving is Taco Bell, for some reason!), but then when I'm back in the US, there's things I miss about being abroad, so it's a tradeoff.

Right now, I'd say the hardest part for me is working US hours in my current job; since I live in Asia, I'm 13 hours ahead of Eastern time, so I work a lovely night shift over here. At least it's quiet around the house!
Old 12-12-2016, 08:48 AM
WAHM Master

Welcome to WAHM It's nice to meet you. I'm a wife and mom of three . I've worked from home off and on for several years and love it. If you have any questions please ask
Old 12-13-2016, 05:01 AM
WAHM Regular

Smile Welcome

Welcome to the Forum. If there is anything you need help with the people here are always happy to do what they can.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:11 AM
WAHM Master

Welcome! What part of Alabama are you from? I currently live in North Alabama I've been overseas many moons ago as my stepdad was military, we lived in Germany for several years. I have some fond memories but I was sure glad to be back home!
Old 12-29-2016, 08:03 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Bama* View Post
Welcome! What part of Alabama are you from? I currently live in North Alabama I've been overseas many moons ago as my stepdad was military, we lived in Germany for several years. I have some fond memories but I was sure glad to be back home!
I'm from LA (Lower Alabama - hehehe), Mobile to be exact. Got a lot of friends up in Huntsville though! Germany is awesome - I lived there for a couple of years myself. :-)
Old 12-29-2016, 01:10 PM
Awesome WAHM

Welcome Casey.

I haven't heard of head counting traffic to physical stores before. Although I guess it shouldn't surprise me.

Do you do that for specific stores, or do you get contracted in an on demand/order basis? That is assuming it's the store parent that's ordering your counting services.
Old 12-29-2016, 04:14 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSpirit View Post
I haven't heard of head counting traffic to physical stores before.
I hadn't either until I started with this company. But it made lots of sense once I heard about it. We're not only counting numbers of heads, but conversion rates as well (# of purchasers, size of purchases).

Quote:
Do you do that for specific stores, or do you get contracted in an on demand/order basis?
It's more of a product that we offer to clients/investors. We track over 60 brands in 20 different metro areas, so we have historical trends and "big data" available month-on-month, quarter-on-quarter, and year-on-year.

I just posted our first openings on here in the "Mystery Shopping" sub-thread (closest thing I could find to what we do); we're currently looking for people in the San Fransisco/East Bay, Philadelphia, and Long Island areas. :-)