Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-05-2015, 06:01 PM
Super WAHM

Question Ever been told "You're making the biggest mistake of your life"?

"You're making the biggest mistake of your life"

Not the most pleasant words to hear, especially when they are coming from your mother.
Someone who is renowned for 'always being right'.

Do you let it effect your entire vision and vibration to its core or find the strength to hold true to your vision and find the self belief to push forward anyway, see what happens, see how the universe wants to support you, find your strength and will to make it work?

This comes from recent decisions and changes I have been making with my husband about our home location in support of the direction we want to take with our lives.

Have you ever experienced emotionally charged disapproval for life decisions you have made?
How did you overcome them?
Did you overcome them?
Did the vibration of the reactions of loved ones interfere with your decision to take action on your decision?
Did you hold your vision and push forward anyway?
Was it the biggest mistake of your life?

Would love to hear your stories of triumph or defeat.
Watch this space to hear how I go moving forward.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2015, 03:18 PM
Super WAHM

Well, I finished reading "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne yesterday and it provided some answers to my thinking and being.

So the way of the universe would see me choosing to focus on all that I want in this situation. To have the power to change it through my own thinking and action.

I phoned my Mum and we have a "date" today to enjoy shopping for my birthday gift, have coffee, lunch, maybe even catch a movie. To set aside all opinion and actually just BE, Love, feel Joy.

To demonstrate that despite differences, we can thrive.
Old 04-09-2015, 03:34 AM
Super WAHM

Our shopping expedition went well.

Celebrated my 40th birthday today and survived entering a forth decade into my lifetime in this body.

Noticing more and more how the power of your thoughts influence how events go.

Guess this thread is a little too much for this forum??
Old 04-09-2015, 04:49 PM
WAHM Addict

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a good day.

I don't have much to contribute to the original question. I do what feels right for me. We're not promised tomorrow and when the day comes where you reflect on your accomplishments and the precious moments in your life what will you see? Will you be content or will you wonder what happened?

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:18 AM
Super WAHM

Thanks Loretta,

I'm learning the way you described your being to be, doing what feels right is the ultimate way to go.

It is really funny that I asked my initial questions as today I was working on my Personal Development (our company product) and the posed question was answered! Seems the universe and law of attraction is working these lessons with my personal growth in mind! Gotta love what I do!! I am finding that every day I have "stuff" come up, then I plug into my PD and there's the exercise to work me through the circumstance!!

Thanks for commenting
Old 04-12-2015, 08:20 AM
WAHM Addict

That's awesome! I see many posts (not here) with people sharing their misery. Life is too short to be miserable. Doing anything positive is just refreshing and feels so good and strong.
Old 04-14-2015, 02:18 PM
Super WAHM

Arrow

Hi Robyn!

I haven't been on the board much and just saw your post!! I'm sorry you're being told you are making a mistake. That's hard to hear from people we love!!

I've been told some very positive and also some very negative things from people I respected and loved in the past. But I feel that if I've thoroughly researched what I'm doing, have discussed it with my husband/friends/mentors, and prayed about it and don't feel that I'm headed down the wrong path, I'll take the leap! It can be hard to go against the flow, but you just need to find those who'll support you and keep working on your own dreams, vision and mindset.

I still haven't achieved all my dreams, but that doesn't mean I never will. I'm a work in progress!! Best wishes for achieving your goals!!

Lori

P.S. Loretta, I totally agree with what you said! I try to always look on the bright side and I love to be around others who do too! It's so refreshing!

Last edited by HomeBizHope; 04-14-2015 at 02:20 PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:19 AM
WAHM Regular

Unfortunately, I heard that sentence many times from my parents, and that was when I decided to work from home. Luckily, I'm a bit on the stubborn side so I decided to do it deliberately no matter what. And of course it wasn't a mistake, my parents were just over protective. In the end, they had to deal with the fact that I love working from home and now they support me completely.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:28 PM
Super WAHM

@SandraGenJobs - seems like a common thing we have both gone through
@HomeBizHope - yes, keep working on my own dreams, vision and mindset

Thanks for sharing ladies!
Old 04-21-2015, 09:20 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspired.robyn View Post
"You're making the biggest mistake of your life"

Not the most pleasant words to hear, especially when they are coming from your mother.
Someone who is renowned for 'always being right'.

Do you let it effect your entire vision and vibration to its core or find the strength to hold true to your vision and find the self belief to push forward anyway, see what happens, see how the universe wants to support you, find your strength and will to make it work?

This comes from recent decisions and changes I have been making with my husband about our home location in support of the direction we want to take with our lives.

Have you ever experienced emotionally charged disapproval for life decisions you have made?
How did you overcome them?
Did you overcome them?
Did the vibration of the reactions of loved ones interfere with your decision to take action on your decision?
Did you hold your vision and push forward anyway?
Was it the biggest mistake of your life?

Would love to hear your stories of triumph or defeat.
Watch this space to hear how I go moving forward.
I lived my life for so long to please others and after 27 years of marriage I got divorced. Everyone was shocked because I always seem happy while I was suffering inside. You have a voice inside of you and if we are still long enough to listen to it, it will guide you and you just have to be strong enough to listen and follow through.. It will get easier!!

Tags
decisions, life-transforming, relationships