Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:43 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Can anyone suggest a work-at-home job?

My wife and I have been talking and it seems she may not be able to go back to work because her multiple sclerosis is really taking a toll on her. What that also means is that I am going to be required to stay home as well because she will need help with herself and our new daughter.

We're on a fixed income right now which is her disability and with three people in the home, that will not be enough long term. It also means that I cannot invest anything because I don't have money to invest. I also need something that can be started pretty quickly and doesn't have a long training time. A couple weeks at most would be best.

I cannot do phone work because I cannot be sure that our apartment will always be quiet, especially with a baby and a dog that both randomly make loud noises...lol. They also tend to have equipment requirements beyond a computer and we don't have a landline phone, headset, phone that takes a headset and I use my computer wirelessly (it is a desktop.) I am also not great at creative writing, so freelance writing would be out.

The skills that I have come from being an emergency medical technician or a warehouse worker. So not much to be sure. I can repair computers as far as hardware goes, but there is too much competition in this area ( I know because I tried before). I have looked at things that can be built, but it costs money to start something like that. I have even tried to do a pet walking/sitting business, but it went no where.

So I really do not have alot of skills to say the least. No sales skills, or affliate marketing skills either.

It really needs to be a in-the-home kind of job, so no cutting grass or cleaning houses. I would also like to be able to include my wife so that she feels as though she is contributing in some way.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2013, 08:08 AM
Banned

Be sure to check the Telecommuting Folder here in the forums for job ideas. Many of us are in home businesses. Check the Advertise Your Business forum along with Home Business Opportunities. Many, many choices. See what looks interesting, ask questions and research thoroughly. Best wishes in your search

Alison
Old 01-04-2013, 08:56 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoyCandleMom View Post
Be sure to check the Telecommuting Folder here in the forums for job ideas. Many of us are in home businesses. Check the Advertise Your Business forum along with Home Business Opportunities. Many, many choices. See what looks interesting, ask questions and research thoroughly. Best wishes in your search

Alison
Thank you for your reply.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Grand WAHM

You might have to give or take some. A lot of jobs from home are going to have some requirements (just like any job you do) I know if you want customer service the back ground noise is going to be a issue. There are a lot of job leads posted everyday. My advice Apply, Apply, Apply, Apply, Apply! (you get the idea

Go get em

~Amy Jacobs
Old 01-04-2013, 09:14 AM
Grand WAHM

Default heres the folder to start with

Telecommuting Moms - WAHM Forums - WAHM.com
Old 01-04-2013, 10:35 AM
Awesome WAHM

Try:

Odesk
Elance
Flexjobs
Old 01-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Grand WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoyCandleMom View Post
Be sure to check the Telecommuting Folder here in the forums for job ideas.
SoyCandleMom gave you great advice. You'll find lots of stuff in the Telecommuting section and through out the forum.

Welcome to the forum lonegreywolf20.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:16 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccorrente View Post
Try:

Odesk
Elance
Flexjobs
While reading through the forums here I did come across people suggesting those sites,

After looking at them it seems as though their is an awful lot of competition and they aren't consistent. I need something that is fairly consistent and not a hit or miss thing.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:22 AM
WAHM Fanatic

The thing is that many of us who work from home have to make sure to always have feelers out there looking for work at home positions. Even if something seems consistent today, the company might cancel the contract tomorrow.

You talk about being able to fix computers, do you know anything about programming? Many people and businesses will pay you to set up their web site and possibly even run it. There are also web design options if you can do this.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:35 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by geargirl113 View Post
The thing is that many of us who work from home have to make sure to always have feelers out there looking for work at home positions. Even if something seems consistent today, the company might cancel the contract tomorrow.

You talk about being able to fix computers, do you know anything about programming? Many people and businesses will pay you to set up their web site and possibly even run it. There are also web design options if you can do this.
I only know how to do hardware and limited software repairs on computers. I don't know anything about programming.