Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:54 AM
WAHM Regular

Default How many businesses do you work?

I know that one of the biggest obstacles to success is working too many businesses and not being focussed. How many businesses to you have? I run a community event and a magazine, now I'm starting my SkinnyBodyCare business... But i've cut down the community event to twice per year and the mag only runs 3 times per year.. how much do you have on your plate?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2012, 10:04 AM
Awesome WAHM

I work a part-time job as a Parish Administrator and have my business that I do part-time. I am working to replace my part-time job and go full time with my business. I love both, but I prefer to work at home and for my self so that is what I am working toward and I plan on doing that very soon!
Old 01-14-2012, 10:04 AM
WAHM Master

I only work one business. If I tried to work more than one I would not be successful with either of them.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:19 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I only work one business. I put alot of time and energy into my business, have 2 kids, and "trying" to complete another degree.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:23 AM
Grand WAHM

I only work 1.. I get turned off when people work more then one personally. I also get turned off with company hoppers the ones that change company's like underwear

Last edited by Amy Jacobs; 01-14-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:24 AM
Grand WAHM

I'm not really sure how to divide mine up. I work with a good number of sites, all that are free to join.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Administrator

Just one.

I found the ONE that makes me happy and keeps me home

Bonnie
Old 01-14-2012, 01:33 PM
Super WAHM

Thumbs up

I work outside the home at something completely different than my business with Xpress Healthcare! This doesn't interfere. or change my focus from building a business!

Now when summer comes my other job is working on my farm, and raising my garden! Never boring at my home! I really think you can't spread yourself to thin with any job....as a mother and wife you need to allow time for your family...find something that gives you the best of all worlds is the key! And building a business at home is that!
Old 01-14-2012, 01:59 PM
WAHM Addict

I could only work one home business at a time. If I'm trying to focus on more than one, I don't think I'd be successful with any.

I do think that working an outside j-o-b along with a home business is very different than working more than one home business. I know there are exceptions, but with most jobs, you learn your job and then work it.

There may be challenges and changes along the way with a job, but the company for whom you work will not usually fail completely if you aren't great at your job. (Again, I know there are exceptions.) Phyllis mentioned her farm, but it is HER farm, and so still her own business. A home business' success, however, depends on the business owner building and working it.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:22 PM
WAHM Regular

I am just starting out but I still only work the one because I homeschool my ADHD son. That takes up the majority of my day.