Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:11 AM
Super WAHM

We are spending about the same. My sister keeps having kids so I cant spend less anytime. Next xmas we will have anotehr to buy for.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2008, 04:48 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Definitely more! The older the kids get, the more expensive the wish list gets. They are getting a smaller amount of gifts under the tree, but I think a moped, lap top, Wii system and those new touch screen cell phones make for a pretty awesome Christmas!

Old 12-13-2008, 05:15 PM
WAHM Addict

We are spending the same...but giving a bit more.

The poor economy has really affected the way I view "stuff". My husband works with a bunch of men who are literally living paycheck to paycheck and will be receiving donations from Toys for Tots this year.

We just one of DH's coworkers some of the kids' old toys and it broke my heart when I heard that the little boy flipped out over a used fire engine that my son hardly ever played with. He is four...and called my four year old in tears thanking him.

In the meantime, my kids are making lists of all of the new gadgets & toys they must have.

If anything the crappy economy has really helped me put things (& stuff [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]) into perspective.

We were dirt poor as kids and I remember crying tears of joy because my grandpa bought me my only pair of brand named sneakers.

Part of me wishes my kids had the same experience...and the other part of me is just thankful things are okay (so far).

Old 12-13-2008, 08:38 PM
WAHM Master

I'm spending less. I'm worried about what's going to happen with the economy after Christmas.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:55 PM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplesahm
We just one of DH's coworkers some of the kids' old toys and it broke my heart when I heard that the little boy flipped out over a used fire engine that my son hardly ever played with. He is four...and called my four year old in tears thanking him.
Thats such a sweet story. Good for you.

I am the same way. I have bought some gifts for my cousins little one who is almost 2. They are having a rough time financially and it just makes me so happy to know that I can do something to help.

I am always looking for help the homeless, especially this time of year as well. We almost always buy hot food and coffee for someone if we can. Its so darn cold out there even in AZ for those without a home. What keeps me giving is remembering the look and thanks for such a small token of humanity.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:48 AM
WAHM Master

I don't know that I'll spend less than other years but I will be spending differently - honestly how many digital cameras, cell phones, computers/printers/laptops, iPods/MP3 players do they need/can they appreciate?

Aside from the puppy I haven't begun to shop for the Offspring - They got way into buying for other families/seniors this year

DH and I are concentrating more on family presents - of course everybody will receive their own things as well but those will be cool practical things like GCs for clothes/accessories, new comforters, special pens and school supplies, etc... I need to see if I can buy GCs for our college bookstore

Edited by: tenXmom
Old 12-14-2008, 09:17 AM
WAHM Addict

[QUOTE=Julia] Cybermommy can I come with you to Italy? lol

Course you can! [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2008, 10:07 AM
WAHM Regular

We spent about the same on the kids this year. We have a Christmas club account that we use for spending money. My oldest is getting less quantity wise b/c he is getting a costly toy, but we told him this would be the case if he got it and he said it was OK.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:47 PM
Awesome WAHM

We are only buying small gifts for the kids ( two grandkids, one neice and one nephew) this year VS buying gifts for adults as well. I'm really trying to find gifts that are practical so they dont destroy them in ten seconds lol so I think for the three little kids they are under 4years old they will get a disney cup with either lady and the tramp or little enstiens and then my neice since she is eleven will probley get a book since she likes to read.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:25 PM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeggyR
If DH doesn't give me any ideas by tomorrow I'll be spending more!

Last time he did this to me, I ended up getting him a full sized leg lamp replica from his favorite movie this time of year (Christmas Story.) His friends told him "you have the coolest wife!" LOL

If he waits longer than 24 hrs... he's getting this.

Uhhh, yaaa! That'll teach him! (DOH!)
Admit it! You want that for yourself too! [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]