Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:17 PM
WAHM Master

So are you all ready for Thanksgiving?

Not me. Spent a few hours shopping today as it was and there was just no time or energy left to shop for Thanksgiving. Thats a whole other grocery trip. I am hoping to find some great sales in tomorrows and next wednesdays ads.

So are you cooking or going somewhere?

I am cooking, but only for 6, thats enough in itself.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2008, 08:21 PM
WAHM Addict

I was going to buy a turkey on Saturday, but they were still $1.49 a pound, so I'm waiting until they go on sale.
We are going to my parents for Thanksgiving dinner, but I'm bringing the Turkey since my mother had an accident and severed all of the tendons in her right wrist, so she can't lift anything. My dad will have to work in the morning, so I volunteered to cook the bird. After that DH and I are off to the nearest city for Black Friday shopping while the boys enjoy the weekend with grandma and grandpa.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:25 PM
WAHM Master

KeKe-Sorry to hear about your Mom. Nice pics of your boys! I need to get DS into get his picture taken this year still! The school pic did not turn out the best.
(Hijacked my own thread-lol)
Old 11-11-2008, 08:29 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2

KeKe-Sorry to hear about your Mom. Nice pics of your boys! I need to get DS into get his picture taken this year still! The school pic did not turn out the best.
(Hijacked my own thread-lol)
Thanks! lol..this is the first year their school pics have turned out really well. Usually they have funky hair, green stuff in their teeth,or my all time personal favorite...the big blob of grape jelly on the chin! Edited by: KekeRayDesigns
Old 11-12-2008, 05:49 AM
Awesome WAHM

We are going out of town for Thanksgiving but I got an email from my grocery store and turkey's are .59/pound on Thursday and Friday. That is cheap, so I'm going to buy one for later.

In the past, I've seen turkey go for .29/pound.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:08 AM
WAHM Master

I just realized I have no idea when Thanksgiving even is this year. Better go have a look at the calendar![img]smileys/smiley22.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2008, 06:57 AM
Super WAHM

Hiya Christina!
Yes, I have been there with cooking for a bunch. Every year for the past 10 years or so... my mom comes to my house the night before and we cook and chop together all night until about 2am. We also drink a little wine and play SkipBo. It really is nice to spend time with my mom, but nowadays she insists on bringing her "working" dog with her. Now I find myself hating the tradition because it is a big mess of dogs (I have one of my own) getting angry with each other and getting into everything. I no longer want to fulfill the tradition, but I haven't told my mother yet. LOL

So, this year, to save her feelings, I asked my hubby if we could go to his mother's house in Iowa for Thanksgiving instead. His grandmother just turned 90 years old, so it would be a very nice visit with her too.

I broke it to my mother a few weeks ago that the tradition is broken this year, and she took it well. Unfortunately, now she says I have to have two Thanksgivings and she is going to spend the night the week before or the week after Thanksgiving and we are going to do it then!!! OMG!!! I didn't get out of it! She is devious, more than me!!! ROFL
Old 11-12-2008, 08:59 AM
WAHM Master

Cooking for the 4 of us this year. Haven't bought the turkey yet--waiting to see who has the best deal.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:34 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Nope, never cook on Thanksgiving. We always go to our condo in the east coast of the state, and they have a nice buffet at the club there.

Now that I work full time, I probably won't cook Christmas either this year.. I love to cook.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:08 PM
WAHM Addict

i got our turkey this week, our local store had them for 17cents a pound if you brought a ham, and then they threw in dinner rolls and a bag of salad for free.

kate