Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-09-2008, 06:49 AM
WAHM Addict

This remodel bug won`t go away!
We finished my 7 yr old`s dinosaur room, and that looks so much better. (Yes I have pics. I have to find time to figure out how to post them.)
Now I`m looking at my living room. Right now it`s ok, and my furniture is only 3 yrs old, but since we redid the foyer and dining rooms the colors don`t go. (The rooms adjoin)
This is a 150 yr old folk victorian home with very wide white woodwork, huge windows, and high ceilings. My foyer is oliveish green on the bottom, white chairrail, creamy yellow on top. The accents are cranberry and wrought iron. The door is cranberry with a wrought iron screen door.
My dining room is olive, and the furniture is hand painted creamy yellow with flowers in cranberry, greens, and browns.
My living room adjoins the dining room with a 8 foot archway, and smaller arch opens to the foyer from boththe dining and living rooms.
The living roomis currently lavender. (see the problem?) The furniture is a light sage, and the coffee table, stands, etc are a light wood. The entertainment center is massive, takes up an entire wall, and is a clutter spot. The accents are sage and lavender and blue. The light fixtures, lamps, and accent pieces are gold.
So- This is my plan.
I want to ditch everything. My sister will take it - she needs a change too and my things are still in great shape.
I want to paint the walls the same creamy yellow as the foyer. My bil has a furniture store, and he`ll give me a deal on a cranberry couch and love seat that are big and comfy looking.There isa wrought iron coffee table and endstands with a glass top with a slate inlay in the center. (Very unique- sharp looking!) And for the tv I saw a low table- almost like a coffee table with drawers and a shelf- that would work well. I would take one of the handpainted pieces from the dining room- a tall narrow stand with a door- for the dvds and video games. The curtains would stay cream, and I`d add olive green and cranberry accents to the room.
Oh- and the lights/lamps would get a wrought ironlook treatment.
So what do you think??? Does that sound good?
(I know- I have to get pics up-lol)
Terry

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2008, 08:58 AM
WAHM Regular

That sounds beautiful. Go for it. Also congrats on the weight loss.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:39 AM
Super WAHM

Oh, yes definitely go for it. We have a large arch from living to dining to kitchen areas, and we had kitchen/dining a terra cotta, and livingroom was pastel blue/yellows. Yuck. Separately, each room was nice, put together, nothing but a huge clash of colors. Repainted living area in same color family as the other rooms, and it made a world of difference!
Old 03-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Super WAHM

Victorian...Mine's Edwardian. I can hardly imagine how fantastic your woodwork must be.

Didn't the victorian era have dark walls (maybe it was wood)? Then everything on the dining table etc was white in contrast.

An elegant home deserves an elegant coordinating color scheme. Could you post a picture?