Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:08 PM
Super WAHM

Hello

So, I finally had my interview with Cloud 10 (Yay me). I've been receiving job opportunities and can't accept them because my freakin' C Drive is darn near full.
PC Stop or PC Shop (can't remember the name) suggest that I delete some of the unnecessary files from my C Drive and I did but, everytime I re-run the test it still shows a red flag for me C drive. Saying I still don't have enough memory.
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I don't know what to do. I can't afford to purchasea new computer and I can't afford to puchase and external hard drive right now either.
I guess it's just not meant for me right now.

But, I've got to do something soon, because I have several outside the home part-time gigs but it's putting a toll on the car (not to mention gas prices) and I'm really getting tired of all the driving around I have to do for each of them. I'm in the merchandising field. Love It but I'm tired now.

I guess it's savings time to get an external drive. It's seems to be the cheaper way right now.

Well, thanks for letting me vent.Edited by: Mckk4
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Super WAHM

Do you have at least 512 ram? If you do then you should be fine!! I still got a yellow flag on that part of the pit stop and it was technically showing 437 ram for my computer, that is due to virtual memory I think but you do still have 512, I know that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, I'm not an IT person, my dh knows a lot about this stuff though and he kind of explained it to me. Otherwise you could just buy some additional ram which is really cheap!! Here is a website that somebody gave me, I got ram for my computer for $28 with free shipping... www.kahlon.com

Have youtried sending your pitstop in the way itis? I had threeyellow flags when I sent mine in and it came back fine! Ifyou do need to do somethingto your computer,someone from Cloud will send youan email back to letyou know what you need to do.

Also check out the Cloud forum @ www.workplacelikehome.com there are a lot of helpful people there!Edited by: raynasmom
Old 03-06-2008, 04:38 PM
Super WAHM

Yeah I have 512 ram.
I received 2 yellow flags and 1 red flag. I sent the PC stop report in. They didn't even mention the yellow flagged items just the red flagged item which was the c drive does not have enough disk space available. I did re-run the test after deleting some of theunused files and it freed up a little space but pc stop is stillred flagging it.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Super WAHM

Have you tried running a defrag? Another suggestion is to go to your add and remove programs and delete anything that you do not use, do desktop cleaner in your control panel.
If you have a lot of photos, music, or movies on your computer you could try transferring them to a flash drive, that will clear up space as well!!
Old 03-06-2008, 06:45 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Do you frequently delete your temp files and/or cookies? Be sure to go through and do that.

You can find your temp files by going to Search and typing in *.tmp* yes, even include the asteriks. Then delete all of those files unless you see something that you don't want to delete for some reason.

Be sure to defrag, this will help compress your free space and it might make your PC Pit Stop report look better. Defragging will take a long time. Be sure you disable as many programs as possible - especially those that are on timers and set to run on their own, even a screensaver if you have one set up. I usually try to set up defrags to run in the evening before I go to bed so that it completes while I'm sleeping and I don't have to have any of my work interefered during the day.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Mckk4,

I recently downloaded and installed Advanced WindowsCare Personal and Auslogics to defrag and clean up my PCs. Both are free and very easy to use and work great. Now I run them almost everyday.

Maybe you can give them a try.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:32 PM
WAHM Fanatic

You can defrag directly in Windows (if that's what OS you're running) without the need of extra software.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainjel
You can defrag directly in Windows (if that's what OS you're running) without the need of extra software.
I have tried that but it was extremely slow. [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]
Old 03-06-2008, 10:38 PM
WAHM Master

You could strip it of everything after putting anything really important on a jump drive. Then you'd have to reload the operating system.