Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-01-2008, 12:57 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I would not trust any of these cookie cutter tax preparers. They only do this a few months of the year. I have only used a CPA ever since I have been in business and would never use anyone else. They can save you thousands of dollars over your life time and sometimes in one year. I have been using the same CPA for over 20 years. He has all my records and knows my business and what I can deduct or not. Cost me less than $100 for abut an hours of work and saves me thousands. He e-files my returns , no cost, and I have it in my bank account within two weeks. Not worth fooling with anyone but a pro.

Edited by: roth
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2008, 04:28 AM
WAHM Addict

We did ours the past two years with turbotax. Last year was great.

This year, and it's probably my fault, I must not have checked it over carefully enough, somehow turbotax doubled the interest we paid on our mortgage. So instead of reporting $8000 plus, it said over $16,000!

I already have to file an amended return because of the education credit things, but now I have to fix that too! I called the IRS already and they said to accept the regular return it originally said we would get, and then send the difference back to them with the amended return.

I hate taxes!
Old 02-01-2008, 05:40 AM
Super WAHM

I have used H&Rin '01, '02, and '03 and thought they did it fine, I stopped going because of their fees were expensive. For '04 taxes I got a coupon to go to J&H. The person doing it for me messed something up where she put that I claimed SS that was not suppose to be on my taxes. Luckily her supervisor caught it before it was filed. I was in there for about 4 hours b/c she had to re-do a whole bunch of stuff, ugh!

Since then I've been using Turbo Tax. Around here they offer 2 week courses for H&R and J&H - I just don't get how they can learn all of the stuff needed to file people's taxes properly in 2 weeks!