Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-15-2018, 01:40 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Homeschooling without transcript

I've home schooled both my kids since my oldest was in 1st grade. Oldest daughter is 22 and graduated in 2014 and my youngest graduates this year May 2018. My oldest struggled with speech and language and had speech until she was in the 8th grade. She's also struggled with learning disabilities all throughout her life. During her schooling years and she continues studying just to keep up with learning we never concentrated on a grading system and concentrated on actual learning. We would work on each subject until they knew and understood everything and didn't do a "grading system". Both girls will be entering college this fall. The college requires a transcript. Have any of you home schooling moms/dads that have done the same thing know what I can do to bypass transcripts?

TIA
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2018, 08:51 AM
Awesome WAHM

Seems to me that's going to be difficult. Didn't your local education authorities require scheduled proof of progress for your homeschooling process?

My daughter homeschooled three daughters who all entered college after their high school equivalent graduation and she now has two adopted boys who she will also homeschool once they reach the proper age.

She was required by the state of Indiana to use a curriculum (of her choosing as long as it was an approved one and I understand there are a number of those available) that included progress reports to the state's education powers that be. Those reports included progress test results.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:51 AM
WAHM Regular

Why did you choose homeschooling? Is it because of bullying or because you think it is better?
Old 05-23-2018, 04:23 AM
Awesome WAHM

Homeschooling, in my opinion and when done correctly, is a higher quality education than public schooling.

One drawback I do see is the difficulty in the development of social skills.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:42 AM
WAHM Regular

I apologize for just now being able to get back on to reply. It's been very busy the last few weeks. My state does not have strict testing rules. However, my kids are very smart and were very active in our local home school group. In their elementary years we were involved in a co-op where they had classes to attend. These classes weren't on a grading system but a fun learning environment with other kids their ages. Through their teen years they were involved in teen nights and other activities with other home school students.