Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:53 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Looking to start up with a health & welness Company

Good afternoon,

I am looking to start my own business to help me back into shape as well as help others too. I do not want to host parties but not sure if doing this kind of home business that would be possible. Any advice,suggestions or input is welcome. Thank you!!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2014, 02:30 PM
Awesome WAHM

I think many home businesses ARE more successful if you host some parties at some point to get the word out about what you have.

I haven't done parties very much with mine altho am thinking about doing some this summer as I want to get the word out in my neighborhood about what I have available for them... I have no problem getting customers both online and offline as the products sell themselves and because of what they did for us as a family, but I am still finding that in order to build a team I might benefit from hosting a few parties at some point.

Feel free to check out my siggy as we aren't supposed to advertise in threads here.
Old 05-18-2014, 03:36 PM
WAHM Regular

I will send you a PM with links for further research.

USANA Health Sciences is a leader in the health and wellness industry. They manufacture in-house, and carry a wide variety of nutritional products. One thing that is exceptional about USANA is their involvement with humanitarian work all around the world and their long standing (22 years) reputation of providing the very best products possible.

Building a business with USANA can follow many paths. They have a high end skin care line that can be purchased for retail resale for immediate high profits (potentially over 100% profit selling on Ebay) as well as commission from sales to customers and enrolling distributors. The nutritional products can be sold for a small profit retail as well, though for nutritionals I would recommend enrolling customers to have the products shipped directly to them.

USANA has online training and support, and many free tools. You can get started for around $250 and most of that is product for you to use or resell, plus a business development system.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:19 AM
Grand WAHM

I invite you to take a peek at Watkins products (in my sig line). You can design the business to suite you and your lifestyle, and work at your own pace. No mins, no quotas, just purchase what you want when you (and your customers) want it.

Feel free to PM me with questions. Good luck with your search and do keep us posted!
Old 05-19-2014, 06:09 AM
WAHM Regular

I have concentrated on online marketing for many years, however after taking a year out, I realised that offline marketing is an area I had neglected.

You stated that you wanted to loose weight, now one way to do this, is to form a group that will help to keep on track, so that you can get encouragement and give encouragement to others, so do not write off home meetings.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:46 AM
Le-Vel Thrive Promoter

Arrow

Le-Vel Thrive has completely changed my life both physically and financially. I have never felt this great even as a teenager. Feel free to message me if you would like to know more about how this company and product line can help you. I would also love to share my weight loss and fitness story with you ! Have a great day !
Old 05-20-2014, 05:52 PM
WAHM Regular

Hi there,

I am with a company that has started a movement called HOPE, helping other people evolv thier health and want to help 8.4 million people to better health. I'll send you more information for you to review via PM.

Have a great day.
Kim
Old 05-24-2014, 07:52 AM
Super WAHM

Hi ChicagoMama! Definitely becoming a "product of the product" helps in the health & wellness realm! It gives you (and the product) credibility, as well as confidence to share your product/company!

My husband and I have been involved in this industry within health & wellness for 12 years now. Of that time, we were with one company for over 10 years, but ended up stepping away from it when we became more aware of ingredients and labels and realized how much "junk" and fillers were in the products. It just didn't line up with our beliefs in what we viewed as healthy products.

After taking some time off to re-evaluate and study dozens of other companies and products, we finally found one that we could stand behind. We are currently becoming products of the products, and it is spreading like wildfire!

Definitely do your research before jumping in! Good luck!!!!
Old 06-01-2014, 11:38 AM
WAHM Regular

I think its a great idea. You really can't go wrong with health & wellness business. They key is to find out a way where your program is preventing a certain illness. Then present your case to government and see if there is way to get funding. There is huge push on prevention front. I also work as RN.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:27 PM
WAHM Regular

Cool

The health and wellness industry is a great choice for a business opportunity! No matter what company you decide to go with, I think that you will find that home parties are an excellent way to introduce your products to friends and family. Although it's good to host at least one party at your home, (so that others will see that they can do it at their home too), if you don't want to host the party at your house, try asking a friend or family member if they will host a party for you. If they host the party for you, have them invite a few of their friends to attend as well. This will also allow you to get into their warm market and may lead you to others who might be interested in your business.

When choosing your company make sure that they have a proven, duplicatable system in place and that you follow it for your success in the business. Remember that if you're going to build a team, they will do what they see you do.