Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-09-2012, 07:09 PM
WAHM Addict

Default What attracted you to your biz?

I was curious, what attracted you to your particular home business? What is your story?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2012, 09:48 PM
WAHM Regular

I was approached via email back in the winter of 2007 after getting laid off and I posted my resume on Craigslist.

I viewed a webinar with my hubby and of course asked a ton of questions. It was half price promotion that month. I bought a VP in the second month. I did do decent going all the way to D2 and we went to the 2008 convention in Salt Lake City which was great.

We were going to take all that training and move the business, but life got in the way and my husband suffered a serious health set back and I had to care for him for 2 months while he was out of work.

I then got a full time job which I had for nearly 4 yrs., in the healthcare field. My husband was laid off after 3 1/2 yrs and then was out for over 2 yrs. He got a job which he hated, but they didn't tell him that it would be a temp position and he was laid off after 3 months. I was laid off after thinking I would have this job for 'life' and after his lay off, we realized the great potential of doing "M" as a serious business.

I really am sick and tired of working for corporate America where even though you work overtime without extra pay and do your job really well, you aren't appreciated. My husband likes the idea of helping me with this and also finishing his first novel, which he is now editing.

Our 'why' would be to have that financial and time freedom to do what we want and when we want. We want to build and save for our future and be able to travel. We also want to buy our first home without worrying about debt.

I know we can do this with "M" and I am committed to making it really work.

Christine

Old 10-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Awesome WAHM

I was recently introduced to a new company, Ocean Avenue, and jumped at the chance to be in at the very beginning of their launch! I was attracted to Ocean Avenue because their mission is "family first". I love working with a company that is family oriented. As an example, instead of giving car bonuses, we earn family vacations! At conferences, there will be break out sessions for kids to learn how to be entrepreneurs, etc., which I love! I love being able to help people with their health as well and Ocean Avenue has extremely excellent products that have been developed by prominent nutritional biochemist, Prof. Franco Cavaleri!!

My "why" is saving for retirement. I lost my husband last year after a long illness and now I'm about 11 years away from retirement and really don't have alot to live on! I don't want to work until I'm 80, so I'm going to work the biz so I have a residual income to fall back on!
Old 10-10-2012, 03:50 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaguay View Post
I was recently introduced to a new company, Ocean Avenue, and jumped at the chance to be in at the very beginning of their launch! I was attracted to Ocean Avenue because their mission is "family first". I love working with a company that is family oriented. As an example, instead of giving car bonuses, we earn family vacations! At conferences, there will be break out sessions for kids to learn how to be entrepreneurs, etc., which I love! I love being able to help people with their health as well and Ocean Avenue has extremely excellent products that have been developed by prominent nutritional biochemist, Prof. Franco Cavaleri!!

My "why" is saving for retirement. I lost my husband last year after a long illness and now I'm about 11 years away from retirement and really don't have alot to live on! I don't want to work until I'm 80, so I'm going to work the biz so I have a residual income to fall back on!
I would have to agree with you since we're in the same company! Yes, the family vacations really caught my eye. I realized this is not just "another" health/wellness company.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:20 PM
WAHM Addict

How did the opportunity find you? What was your process to choose health and wellness even at all. What is your story?

Thanks to those who have already shared...I am really appreciative of your time.

I wonder how does someone choose this over that.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Super WAHM

Well as far as choosing the health/wellness "niche" or however you want to call it, I asked myself: "Is there a market for this?" It's good to ask that question when you're looking to start any home-based business.

Personally, I knew there's a market for health products hence why the health/wellness industry is like a trillion dollar industry. Everyone wants to get healthier, lose weight, feel better, look good, get rid of pain etc. Just google obesity statistics etc. So for me, I wanted to capitalize on that knowing I can help people with the products I offer. So I go by trends as a marketer I need to see a "need" and not really a "want." If that makes sense
Old 10-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Awesome WAHM

I chose Vemma for many reasons. First, I researched the product and was thrilled with the fact that it cleared up my hormonal acne. Since then my family and friends have enjoyed a wide range of health benefits. The independent double blind placebo studies that proved the Vemma formula which is in all of our products reduces inflammation and enhances immunity also impressed me. The other reason I chose Vemma was because they have been around for 8 years but always maintain the sizzle of a start-up. I also loved the fact that they were not just a marketing company. Everything is made and packaged in house with a Doctor overseeing the process. The products appeal to a wide range of people and when I heard Chris Powell would be wrapping his name around our brand I got very excited. The healthy energy drink Verve is the official energy drink of a pro basketball team and is now allowing young people to have their own social network marketing business. Family run and operated and something my children can be part of when they reach 14. The business model is simple and there are no sign up or web site fees so I knew it would appeal to a lot of people. Sorry for the long winded reply but I just get so excited! Lol.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:25 PM
WAHM Addict

Please no one apologize for your response. I am really wanting to have us open up and share why we chose this over say any other option.

I am really loving reading them and think it is really nice for others to read too.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:24 AM
Awesome WAHM

I agree. It's nice to hear others that have a passion for their business and it feels great to be around other ambitious women
Old 10-11-2012, 01:13 PM
Grand WAHM

I was a long time customer of Watkins before I became an associate. At that time I had this crazy idea that in order to be a rep, I had to have a full blown inventory and meet requirements; quotas and minimums.

One evening I went online searching for a particular product I needed replenished. I stumbled upon a website that went into great depth about being an associate (similar to the one in my sig line). I read over it, spoke to a wonderful sponsor and the rest is history.

I already knew about the quality of the products and the history of the company. So, with a little more insite on how simple it was to become an associate and here I am 9 years later! My only regret was that I didn't start sooner.

Watkins has the integrity like no other and I am still very comfortable with the company and all the members involved with this company.