Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-24-2013, 01:45 PM
WAHM Regular

Default What are some alternatives to Thirty-One?

Looking to possibly switch over to another bag company. What are some alternatives?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2013, 03:39 PM
Super WAHM

Madison Handbags!! We're a design your own handbag company offering really high quality handbags handsewn in our facility in upstate NY! Definitely check us out as we're a fast growing company and it's a great opportunity to get in before we really explode!
Old 03-25-2013, 09:47 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I would definitely take a look at Gigi Hill Bags. Another newer company, but definitely growing and getting better all the time. Based in Southern CA. Started by 2 moms who met while at their kids' soccer matches. Looking for a stylish way to stay organized, the came up with Gigi Hill! Super high quality, high fashion bags and luggage. The company website is Gigi Hill Bags dot com

Edited to add: Unfortunately Gigi Hill Bags has gone out of business.

Last edited by cabimom; 09-08-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:40 AM
WAHM Regular

Are you looking for another bag w/personalization company or to sell handbags? I was with 31 also and left because although I really liked the company and the organizational products, the handbags were pretty lame to me.

If you want another handbag company w/personalization, there's Initials. They're a little more sophisticated with their prints and silhouettes but basically the same price point (as 31Gifts).

There's Madison and Gigi Hill...both been mentioned. Also Beijo Bags if you like fashion forward and unique. Gigi Hill to me is like Vera Bradley, which is a good thing especially if your area is not saturated with VB retail outlets.

There's Miche Bags. Also if you're a 31 rep, I guess you've been notified about the new line Cindy Monroe came up with to appeal to a more fashion forward customer...I think it's called Jewell....

I'm looking for a handbag company too, so this is the results of my quest..LOL...good luck!

Last edited by jan8022; 04-09-2013 at 06:41 AM.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:15 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Deleted due to company going out of business.

Last edited by cabimom; 09-08-2013 at 04:37 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 04-09-2013, 07:14 PM
WAHM Master

Thirty One has purses but really our appeal is for our Totes and Organizational Stuff. I would say that less than 25% of my sales are for purses so I don't consider us a purse company at all. And yes, Cindy Monroe did just start Jewell as a Co Founder with her Sister. The reason is that Thirty One's target market is Average America and Jewell's target market is Upperclass America. 80% of women in this country carry an unbranded purse. So Jewell markets to the 20%.

Thirty One's average price point is $28. 75% of our product line is $35 or less and 90% of it is $50 or less. Our party average is over $600 and our average Customer Spend is $65.

Jewell's average price point will be around $90 with most purses carrying the average of $120. The parties will be more of a personal shopping experience with several friends and the host will simply earn half price items. There will be no customer specials. Again, this is because women who will spend that kind of money are not really needing free hostess benefits. it is all about the experience.

My market is Average America and I truly believe that our Unprecedented success is because we do market to Average America (the 80%). We are the leader in this industry and yet we are only 10 years old. We are the #10 Direct Sales business in this nation and the #18 in World. We have one of the highest party averages in this industry and yet, we have some of the lowest price points.

As far as not being fashion forward, I don't believe that at all. In fact, our fabrics are inspired by trends. You can't look around and see anything but Chevron prints everywhere and that is what is in our Starter Kit. We have fabrics that appeal to a vareity of women.

I do agree that our purse line could use some updated purses but since that is less than 25% of what I sell and I sell ALOT of of the other, I am not worried about it. I love our Skirt purse and have been carrying it for almost 3 years. I get compliments on it all of the time. Is it for everyone? No, but nothing is.

I think you find a line that you have a PASSION for. You don't pick a company that you think will be a good runner up to the leader. And make no mistake, Thirty One is not only the leader in the "Bag" companies, we are a leader in this industry and we will continue to set records. Our March was the highest in our history and we broke records last year.

I know I am biased but I am telling you, I have been with other companies and NOONE is doing what 31 is doing for their consultants.

Right now we have so many incentives going that I had to send out an email to my girls letting them know what all they can earn.

Just as an example, I have a new consultant that joined in March under our Kit Rebate incentive. She just texted me to tell me her party tonight was $830 and the host still has more orders to get. She already submitted some sales in March also.

This is $830 gets her Qualified so she earns the $99 Kit Rebate. She also earns her Second Level of our Start Swell incentive which gives her a prize package valued at $93. She is also earning double points on our Conference Bucks incentive to earn her Conference Registration free plus a free kit of products at Conference valued around $100. She is earning Dream Rewards to earn Best Buy Cards.

Oh, almost forgot that she has now earned a kit of FREE summer products called our Ready Set Sell. There is a $500 level kit and a $1000 level kit. She will probably get both but she for sure has the first level. The value of this is over $140 on the $500 level.

She has pretty much earned my Team Incentive also to get a $20 Gift Certificate from me.

OJ Kit Rebate $99 cash
Ready Set Sell Kit(s) $140
Start Swell Prize Package $93
Conference Bucks to earn Conference Registration free
Dream Rewards to earn Travel or Best Buy Cards

This does not even list her commission.

All of our incentives can be earned simply by being a regular consultant. You don't have to be a Superstar. I love our company.

But you have to love what you sell. I don't care about purses that much but I know some do. If you have a passion for that, go with that.

JMO
Leanne
Old 04-09-2013, 10:22 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I agree with Leanne in that you have to go with a company that you are passionate about. We all have different types of clientale and different target markets. If you are looking for a higher end product then Beijo and Gigi Hill fit that bill really well. My clientale is a mix, they love the CAbi products which to some seem expensive, but for designer clothes they really are very reasonable. I feel the same way about Gigi Hill. my clients have no problem paying $70-$120 for a good quality fashionable handbag , yet there are some that won't spend the money on that type of item. . Direct Selling is 90% attitude and passion about your product line. If YOU think it is too expensive then that will carry over in your presentation of the product. It's all a mindset. You have to love your product line and believe in your company philosophy 100%..

What is a good fit for some is not for others. It's a personal choice. No company is a "one size fits all"!
Old 04-14-2013, 06:40 PM
WAHM Regular

I want to expand on what a couple others touched on? What is it that appeals to you about 31 and /what makes it a not-quite-right fit? You can go in a few differrent directions.

1 is hand bags,and I of course,have to do my shout-out for Miche that "Does it for me"

2 are the embroidery /personalization companies like 2 cute patooties and initials Inc.

3 organizational like clever container, tupperwear

4 diverse bag types +:Penelope Anne
Old 09-02-2013, 03:30 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Other bags

There's Jewell, by the sister of Cindy with Thirty-one Gifts. Then there's Grace Adele, wich is a part of the Scentsy family. Then there's also Penelope Ann, under the Home int. company.

Just shop around and see which company's bags appeal to you the most. You really have to love your products.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:40 PM
Banned

I'm not a consultant for Miche Bags, but I have them and I love them. Every season, different designs for just the Shell comes out! And they are beautiful. whenever I take mine out, I get many compliments. A part of me tells me to sign up because it's fairly new out here in Hawaii!
I love handbags, and still use my Thirty-One, but I find that the cloth gets dirty quickly, and wears out if I wash them. Also, with 31 bags, they just don't have a form. When I put my bag down, unless it's the tote, it just kind of squishes down if that makes sense. I like my bags with a nice form when it sits! I just love the faux leather, and faux pleather, shiny look of Miche Bags!! And they are just so much fun, I literally can use a different one every week!! Just saying