Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Food > Food Companies

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:16 AM
WAHM Regular

Default What are you doing to promote your food business?

I just "re-signed" up with Country Gourmet Home after a few years of being inactive. Life has changed a lot since I first enrolled to be a consultant with them! I got divorced, moved, changed careers, got into a new relationship, had a child, and am now a stay at home mom and part time freelance writer. I'm wondering what all of you are doing this summer, and as we move into the fall to promote your for business. I'm looking for new ideas to incorporate into my business!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2016, 07:06 PM
Awesome WAHM

Hi Samsal77-

Just curious -do you use social media for your Country Gourmet home business ? If so, do you also do vendor events and/or fundraising events?

To Your Success

Pink Pea
Old 07-16-2016, 02:07 AM
Registered WAHM

I advertise my business in social network, SEO, facebook ads, adword...v.v
Old 07-21-2016, 08:00 AM
Registered WAHM

I am currently working on putting a fundraiser together for my son's marching band. I just happened to fall into this opportunity. If the event is successful one of the band mom's told me she can put me in contact with the shower choir fundraiser chair. I'm contemplating reaching out to area schools to see if they would like a Tastefully Simple fundraiser for their music programs. Marching band is going to cost my family $850 for the fall season and unlike sports programs the music programs in our school system don't get any money from the school.

I would suggest finding a niche that would benefit from a fundraiser with your company and with you specifically. I know many of my teammates work with animal rescue groups/shelters. Tastefully Simple has a great fundraiser program with literature put together I can present. Hopefully your company has the same resources. I will be tailoring the fundraiser for the band to meet their needs and to make sure I'm not out any money. Right now my goal is to pick up some new clientele and get my name out there for other fundraisers in my area.

Good luck!
Old 09-14-2016, 12:15 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsamy77 View Post
I am currently working on putting a fundraiser together for my son's marching band. I just happened to fall into this opportunity. If the event is successful one of the band mom's told me she can put me in contact with the shower choir fundraiser chair. I'm contemplating reaching out to area schools to see if they would like a Tastefully Simple fundraiser for their music programs. Marching band is going to cost my family $850 for the fall season and unlike sports programs the music programs in our school system don't get any money from the school.

I would suggest finding a niche that would benefit from a fundraiser with your company and with you specifically. I know many of my teammates work with animal rescue groups/shelters. Tastefully Simple has a great fundraiser program with literature put together I can present. Hopefully your company has the same resources. I will be tailoring the fundraiser for the band to meet their needs and to make sure I'm not out any money. Right now my goal is to pick up some new clientele and get my name out there for other fundraisers in my area.

Good luck!
How did your fundraiser go? :-)
Old 09-27-2016, 02:13 PM
WAHM Regular

Which social network do you use and which gives the best results?
Old 10-01-2016, 07:03 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Ready to figure out this marketing a food business thing. =-)

Hello,

I have a day job that I love and have worked building wordpress sites for small business and various niche sites. I came across a company that has a pretty cool distributor program and since my kids love the product I thought I would give it a go. =-)

I am super excited, however, I never really focused on food before. I am curious to learn more about marketing food products.

Does anyone have any great tips? I have mostly just told everyone about the product and it has been pretty great method so far.

I was thinking on a facebook group? has anyone found that worth your time?

Thanks!!!! and Happy Weekend!!

Trish
Old 11-29-2016, 08:42 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default Welcome to the WAHM Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanneMb View Post
I'm with Isagenix where we focus on natural nutrition and superfoods and I find social media and online strategies are where i get most of my clients. I actually just recently started a facebook page on it sharing some of the lessons I learnt. It's in my signature.
Thanks for sharing and a warm welcome to you

PinkPea
Old 01-12-2017, 08:27 PM
Registered WAHM

I am also trying to promote my business to social media and yea its good source to attract users.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:50 AM
Registered WAHM

Hi,

The very first thing I've done to promote my food business is had them listed on local maps, knowing that most of our customers would search on search engines typing "Restaurant Near Me", "Hotels Near Me" etc. This was the very first thing that I targeted. The next thing I've done was to make some trivial investment in video wall solutions. Apart from that, I'm active on niche food communities & hopefully all these have helped us a lot so far.

Last edited by hafoos; 02-22-2017 at 05:54 AM.