Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 04:42 PM
Registered WAHM

Red face Legit Work from home

I am looking for something to do from home. But everything I see is a scam. I have looked into some freelance writing since I have a BA in English and Masters degree in Library Science but for the amount of time spent on research and writing the paper you make absolutely no money! I'm looking more for maybe customer service for a company. or something like that. Or if I'm able to use my education in anyway that would be great! I need to make about $500 a week. Anyone know of anything?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2014, 07:26 PM
Grand WAHM

$500 a week to start may be a little high. Many work at home positions seem to be customer service related in one way or another and do pay a bit lower than $500 per week.

With your degree in English, freelance writing is a great thing to look into. There is a great writing section on this forum.

You can also consider writing for yourself. Some people create their own blogs and websites. There are many ways to monetize them. The trick is getting traffic.

A lot of us also have multiple "eggs" (multiple sources of income).

Hope this helps.
Old 08-15-2015, 05:33 PM
Administrator

For work at home Jobs, try the telecommuting thread
or
For work at home Businesses, try the
Advertise your business thread

Also, notice all the various signatures by our posters. Each will normally have more ideas for you.

Hope this helps
Bonnie
Old 08-16-2016, 06:52 AM
Awesome WAHM

True. There are a lot of scams out there.There are also some legitimate opportunities.

I've recently had two fall apart myself that looked very promising starting out. But like danasurvey said, many of us have multiple streams of income to help protect against that. It's a good idea.

You really have to do your research. When you find something you think fits your needs do a Google for reviews, and study them. You can never be 100% sure, and you are starting a business which means there's always some risk. The idea is to fail often, learn from the failures, and compensate.

Opportunities come and go - even the ones that at first appear to be sure winners.
Old 06-26-2018, 11:31 AM
WAHM Regular

Since you have a BA in English, you might be able to get an online job tutoring Chinese students learning English. I know several teachers that do this in the evenings and during the summers. They seem to enjoy the work. I am sure you could find these companies through a quick online search.

Closed Thread