Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > WAHM Life > Fitness/Weight Loss Support

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-02-2017, 04:45 PM
Registered WAHM

Default When do you workout?

Hey Wahms!

I LOVE to work out...or at least I do when I actually get my butt up to do it. LOL

But, I've been having so much trouble getting my booty out of bed to actually work out. Between caring for my 3 kids, homeschooling, and building my new business. I'm tired. I used to get up at 5:30am to go to the gym, before kids. Now, on a good day I get out of bed 15 minutes before my kids get up to make a cup of coffee and read a bit of my bible.

I know that working out first thing in the morning makes me feel great, but I'm thinking of trying to work out later in the day.

What time of day do you usually work out? Curious

Nicole
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2017, 07:03 AM
Super WAHM

Default Good morning! (Literally)

I tend to find that the morning is the best time because things happen with work and life that can put you off your intent to work out. With working at home, I try do also workout or at least take a walk during lunch.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:38 AM
Super WAHM

In my experience mornings are always the best time for exercise.

Excercise tends to energize you, and motivate you for the day's activities. And, as TniRecruiter mentioned life tends to get in the way throughout the day.

I've also found that it' easy to get lazy about exercising after a time. In order for me to maintain a habit like that there must be some want on my part that requires exercise, and that's much stronger than my tendency to procrastinate.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:30 PM
Super WAHM

My weight is fine. But I have a sedentary lifestyle. I did some changes this year. Before going to work, I would do an early morning biking. I think it helped me a lot. I get a lot of good morning sunshine.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:45 AM
WAHM Master

Hi, I would love to be up and have my workout done at the crack of dawn, but I am just not a morning person at all. Maybe one day! I also homeschool my 3 kids, so I usually workout once we're all done around 2-ish. I think the best time is whenever you can fit it in because consistency is the key.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:47 PM
Super WAHM

I recently read about a study that found you can decrease your risk of heart attack & stroke by as much as 40% by merely getting up & moving around for a few minutes each week.

The article talked about as little activity as taking a 20 or so minute walk in the park, or around the neighborhood, on Saturday or Sunday.

The study findings indicated that daily, strenuous exercise isn't necessary.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:58 PM
WAHM Regular

Generally mornings are better for me but I am a runner so this time of year I run in the afternoon because it might just be a few degrees warmer. LOL I love running on summer mornings though. I also lift weights 3 days a week and I do that in the afternoon as well because it takes me about 90 minutes and I can't spare that in the morning. I totally get needing that coffee and wake up time before the kids, I do too. I also find it harder to get out of bed early in the winter when it is still dark outside but easy in the summers when it is light. So what I prefer and what I actually do is not the same. The absolute best time to work out is whatever time fits your lifestyle so that it gets done.
Old 02-08-2017, 02:25 AM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to inaj

I usually do it in the morning, but not as the first thing when i get up, but rather after dropping my son off at the kindergarten and doing some house chores. It usually is a refreshing feeling to take a bath after a work out. I absolutely love the feeling of freshness after some hard earned exercises!
Old 02-08-2017, 08:42 PM
WAHM Regular

I like working out in the evenings after dinner.
Old 02-09-2017, 03:01 AM
Registered WAHM

This is a relatively new thing for me, as my new years resolution has been to get myself in gear and actually exercise! But at the moment I'm finding that the morning works best for me. It wakes me up and I think gets me in the right frame of mind for the day ahead... even if it's just like a 15 minute youtube video or something.