Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-13-2014, 02:41 AM
WAHM Regular

Question hair falling problem last 3 months?

Hello,
I am very worried about my hair style, my hair is falling, what do i do?
suggests me any shampoo and hair oil as well.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2014, 09:52 PM
WAHM Regular

Since you posted this in the diet forum-- are you eating enough fat and protein? Hair falling out due to dieting is caused by malnutrition.. no shampoo will help you. You might just not be eating enough or eating too much of the wrong foods. Also hair starts falling out months after the malnutrition occurs, not immediately, so did you maybe start a diet a few months ago, or did something happen a while back that may cause the hair loss that is currently occurring?

It can also be a hormonal problem, like PCOS or a thyroid issue. If you are also getting other abnormal symptoms, like a lot of acne in adulthood, it could definitely be linked to PCOS.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:18 AM
Registered WAHM

Agree with the last post. Deficiency in some nutrients, especially iron, can cause hair loss. Excessive calorie restriction or protein deficiency can also cause your hair to thin. As mentioned, an underactive thyroid is another cause. Autoimmune diseases can lead to hair thinning as well. If you're taking medications, check with your doctor and see if they could be contributing to your thinning hair.

Stress, both psychological and physical can cause hair loss. It's not uncommon for people to lose hair after a serious illness or surgery. Fortunately, this usually reverses over time.

Some women also notice hair thinning around the time of menopause. Does hair loss run in your family? If so, you may have a condition called androgenetic alopecia, a genetic form of hair loss. Keep in mind, it's normal to lose between 50 and 100 hairs per day.

Hope this helps. Best of luck to you!
Old 12-02-2014, 06:28 AM
Le-Vel Thrive Promoter

I agree with prior posts about vitamin deficiencies. Also if you are under a lot of stress that can also trigger it. I was getting a divorce and leaving an abusive spouse. My 3 daughters had passed away etc. I went through about a 6 month period of stress induced hair loss.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:23 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I agree with what everybody said. If I were you, I'd see a doctor. I had the same issue years ago and it turned out that I had thyroid problems (hypothyrodism) so it could be that or something else that could be easily corrected.
Old 03-15-2015, 11:21 AM
Registered WAHM

Default try to be stress free and mainly sleep well

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexparker55 View Post
Hello,
I am very worried about my hair style, my hair is falling, what do i do?
suggests me any shampoo and hair oil as well.

Thanks

i found that not sleeping well means will result in hair fall.........
Old 03-15-2015, 04:08 PM
Administrator

Menopause and lack of estrogen is also a culprit

Bonnie
Old 04-02-2015, 06:25 AM
Registered WAHM

Smile eat to much vitamin e

To save yourself from hair lose problem eat to much vitamin e type foods and medicines.You also can eat fish,egg and milk to save your hair.for more info
tanimsghostgossips.blogspot.com
Old 04-09-2015, 11:26 PM
Miss

do you noticed extreme dryness of your scalp? yes, it can be a nutrient def like everyone's saying above. But, my suggestion would be for you to use organic oils like olive or coconut. People might develop folliculitis with over usage of olive, at least that's what I read online with people who have experienced it. Virgin coconut oil is a perfect substitute.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:25 AM
WAHM Addict

This thread is kind of old, but I thought I would share since I was having this problem as well. Definitely take a look at your shampoo/condition. I thought my problem was due to getting older. I decided to google the shampoo/condition I was using and sure enough there were results with hair loss. I changed to Renpure and now I have no hair fall out in the shower.

Tags
hair fall, hair loss