Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-05-2014, 09:32 AM
Registered WAHM

Arrow Staying Active While Working at home...

I find that most work at home jobs require you to be at a computer, sitting at a desk or with a headset. I realize that this is very common in ANY job nowadays, but being at home all day I have found it's extremely easy to be lazy.

What do you do to stay fit, active, and healthy while working from home? What motivates you to get up and move? Have any of you lost weight while working from home?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2014, 09:42 AM
Grand WAHM

I've maintained my weight since working at home.

I would not say it's extremely easy to be lazy, because we're doing work on the computer lol. It is easy to be sedentary though.

I make a point to exercise and try to do so every day. Even if it's just taking a long brisk walk, it's good to get away from the computer for awhile. I also find after exercising that I come back feeling refreshed and it helps me be more productive.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:51 AM
WAHM Regular

You know working at home can be extremely sedentary and it is very comfortable being in the confines of your own personal space. But you have to make a daily conscious effort to do something active everyday. I have a 5 month old and time management has been a challenge since she was born to include family time, work, health but it gets easier everyday. Having a schedule is key for me. Every morning when she naps I work out for at least 30 minutes. There are some great websites like Daily Burn, just $10/month and hundreds of amazing workouts. That is less than a gym membership. At lunch with weather permitting we always take a walk so we can both get some fresh air. I also pace when I am talking to prospects. I think better when I'm on my feet...literally lol! Also, 3 times a week or so I have my husband watch our daughter after he gets home from work and I go for an hour walk or jog whatever I'm feeling up for. It's nice to have that time for me. I say whatever you can do to stay active do it! It's good for both mental and physical wellness.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:28 AM
Registered WAHM

I make it a rule: one walk a day, one workout session a day and sometimes I jive when I play some music. In that way sitting at the desk most of the day does not bother me too much. At least for now.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:19 AM
WAHM Regular

The hubby and I work at home together and between us we have lost about nine stone between us. And we are on the final stretch now and attempting to lose our last 5.5 stone. Dominic goes out for a run in the park in the morning, I do lots of swimming and then we follow a healthy lifestyle with hardly any booze and no processed foods.

With working from home look at some home exercises for a break during the day such as the Wii or an exercise DVD.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:01 AM
Registered WAHM

I am working at home but I make sure to do some exercises every morning. I am doing some exercises like stretching, jumping, walking and running around the park. I want to be fit and healthy for my kids and family. I am also making my own ice tea or green smoothie it also helps me to increase my metabolism.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:00 AM
Registered WAHM

I am a blogger and know exactly what you mean about it easy to be lazy at home! I am looking at either joining a gym and having my husband or mom watching the twins in the evening while I go work out. I am also looking into getting some kettle bells for at home they are a great work out in a short amount of time.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:45 PM
WAHM Regular

I go to classes and a scheduled swim practice. I plan it ahead of time. Sometimes only a week ahead of time sometimes for longer. I look at the schedule of classes at the gym and mark on the calendar what I want to do. If it's scheduled and I have a plan for getting my work done around it, I go.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:09 PM
WAHM Regular

Every two hours I get up and walk or do some simple exercises. This gives me energy to sit for hours in front of the computer. I also that a break and go outside with my dog and get some fresh air and sunshine.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:43 AM
WAHM Regular

I got so lazy after a 40lb weight gain ( due to sickness& surgery). I'm just starting to get back into working out. I find that if I workout first thing in the morning I'm more likely to do it than if I plan to do it later. Usually I'll either forget about it , get too busy or just feel like not doing it if I wait. Lately I've been doing 20-25 minute workouts, it's easier to motivate myself when I kow it's just 20 minutes as opposed to an hour.