Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:06 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Local weight loss support

does anyone know of places I can go for free?

My Dh is not much of a support - he doesn't seem to understand how hard it is to be fat

ETA: I'm in Kissimmee, FL - and I have no transportation (just bike and busses - which is why - besides the cost - I don't join WW - no way there!!)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2012, 12:09 AM
WAHM Addict

Have you tried doing a google search? I live in Ohio and there is one online you can check out and it's free tons of info on the site here is the link for itFree Diet Plans at SparkPeople this might help you?
Old 01-22-2012, 04:00 AM
WAHM Regular

Smile Starting a weight loss group in FL

Hi,

My upline sponsor is starting a weight loss support group in FL. I don't know all the deatails but it will be based on equalizing blood sugar and you will not be required to buy our company's products. The format she talked about looks really interesting since she is going to lead conversations about what to do if time and/or money are getting in the way of eating properly. If you want, I can PM her your info. I don't want to have her contact you unless you say its OK.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:36 PM
WAHM Addict

I agree with looking in to online groups if you can't get to something locally. I have a great time interacting with people on my facebook page who are on the same journey.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:06 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I used online support exclusively when I lost my weight in 2008. I first found a message board on a site called "dailyburn" that was great, and helped introduce me to the site where I actually got the best support of all - Craig Ballantyne's Turbulence Training site.

There are many great places to do it, and on sites like dailyburn, you can have other people as your "motivators," where they can look at your journal, food log, and exercise log. They'll also get notified when you meet your goals so they can cheer you on, and they're there to help you when you are struggling.

I found my online support was a million times better than what I found locally. Good luck finding the group that works best for you!
Old 01-23-2012, 01:48 PM
WAHM Regular

thanks guys I'll see if I can find somewhere online! I am on sparkpeople but I do not find them very helpful
Old 01-23-2012, 02:19 PM
Super WAHM

Default Try smaller more localized groups.

I once tried Spark people and did not find it effective. We have a weight loss challenge group near me but they charge $30. i am in the process of getting my own group together through Meet-up. Maybe you can find a group through meet-up or look into starting one.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:36 AM
Awesome WAHM

Hi Liz, our new weight loss line includes product, an e-trainer, text reminders etc so you will have support no matter where you are! I do have a business partner in Florida if you want to learn more about what we offer and connect with people local to you. Feel free to pm me!
Old 01-28-2012, 11:43 AM
Banned

Our weight management program includes interactive web support, twice monthly live calls with the opportunity to ask questions and it is FREE to become a preferred customer.

Additionally I have already qualified to be a fitness coach and am in the process of becoming a certified nutrition coach. I am always available to my customers and distributors for advice and support.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:30 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Weight Watchers

Liz - I think Weight Watchers has an online version that is just online. You might check that out too!