Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:56 PM
WAHM Regular

Default having such a hard time!

I was living in a hotel for 18 months - I hated it - i ate a lot of frozen food and junk - i maintained from 210-220

when I moved out of the hotel in October I was 214 -
I started biking to the store (we go either every day or every couple days) and every other week we bike 13 miles

I started eating real food

I've GAINED weight - I've gone from 214-244! - m ost of it in the past month!!!! I am not eating THAT much to have gained it

ugh I think I am going back to eating frozen foods and being lazy
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2012, 11:51 AM
WAHM Regular

wow, that's weird. Never heard of such a thing.. one question...

What do you mean by "real" food?
Old 01-19-2012, 01:34 PM
WAHM Addict

Do your clothes fit tighter or looser? Did you take any measurements?

Maybe you are building up some muscle.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Banned

Smile

I would like to offer some suggestions but I don't have a lot of information. Forgive me if some of them are off base. Ask yourself the following questions:

Am I skipping meals? Am I eating one big meal at the end of the day? Are my meals balanced with a small amount of good quality protein, good carbs and just a little "good" fats?

It may not be what you are eating or how much you are eating, it may be how and when you are eating and how you are combining your foods.

I"m not trying to sell you on my company's program but the concept is good and it may help you.

You need to keep your blood sugar balanced by eating 5 to 6 meals a day each of which is about 200-300 calories (it is easier than you think) and contains lean protein, good carbs (think whole grains, veggies etc) and some good fats.

It is not as hard as you think once you get into it. Today I had a shake for breakfast, a lowfat yogurt with a few nuts thrown in, a chicken breast sandwich on wholewheat with avocado, an apples and a small piece of lowfat cheddar. Still have dinner and an after dinner snack to go.

I can change that up with a snack bar, string cheese and an apple, fish, turkey, beans...basically ANYTHING I want. I do a lot of shakes because it is so easy...blender, shake mix (fruit, milk etc optional) three minutes and I'm done.

Eating every three hours keeps my body humming along, my energy levels high and my mind clear.

Just a suggestion. Try it for a few days and see how you feel. Good Luck.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:19 PM
WAHM Regular

real food - meaning - chicken, lean beef, pork - veggies and sides
not frozen foods/microwavable foods -as in a hotel it's all you pretty much can have

Loretta - tighter - I hate it! I have nothing to wear as I cannot afford new clothes
Old 01-20-2012, 12:31 PM
WAHM Regular

I can vouch for the weight watchers system if your looking for something like that, it helped me to shed over 50 pounds after my last pregnancy.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:20 PM
WAHM Regular

Loved WW - but I don't have the money to start up - $60 is a lot of money
Old 01-20-2012, 02:12 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizJ View Post
Loved WW - but I don't have the money to start up - $60 is a lot of money
Yeah I agree it is expensive, I only did it for a short time to get my weight down and now I just try and manage day to day on my own.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:40 PM
WAHM Addict

Yikes I didn't know WW was $60 a month is that with food I'm thinking no!! Just a thought maybe your thyroid is out of whack.

Although sometime we don't eat enough and body goes in to starvation mode, I was guilty of that, I wasn't eating breakfast or lunch only dinner and while I didn't gain much more weight I couldn't get it to go down either.

Thought of something else you mentioned what you are eating but not what you are drinking, it very important to drink enough water through out the day it helps flush your body out and keep you hydrated.

Last edited by Linda Hinkle; 01-20-2012 at 11:48 PM. Reason: to add something
Old 01-21-2012, 12:38 AM
WAHM Fanatic

If you can afford it, try implementing yoplait light yogurt in your daily eating and add more water to your diet.. Also try looking up weight loss home remedies and try to start out slowly with exercise. Maybe set aside a certain time per day and find something funny to read. If you're happy and have a support group, you might stay motivated to lose weight.