Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:18 PM
DietMagicGirl

Thumbs up Try Zumba!

Hey ladies,

I have started incorporating Zumba in my weight loss regimen. It's been out for a few years but it's everywhere around the world, and people can't get enough. I can't! I think I'm obsessed lol.

I found an instructor and ladies if you are bored with home DVDs and the 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 stuff, Zumba is great.
It's like dancing but omg you work a sweat. The last class I did was an hour long and we lost 590 calories.

You don't have to know how to dance either lol. There is a cost but it's not too bad.

I'm doing my 5th class and I still leave there tired as heck lol

Go to their main site to find classes/instructors in your area.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2010, 12:39 PM
Banned

Smile

I did my first Zumba class last night, and it was so much fun. But man am I sore this morning. I have been doing BodyJam classes, which are a bit like hiphop, and I found the steps quite difficult, but Zumba is so much easier, and I found that because I didn't have to focus on my steps so much, I worked out harder and enjoyed it more.
I am going to buy a set of dvds also so I can do it at home the days I can't go to the gym. Is this a good deal?
Zumba DVDs
Old 07-25-2010, 06:02 AM
WAHM Addict

I'm waiting for my DVD's to arrive. I'm re-starting my workouts...again. I'm going to use my Wii until my Zumba arrives.

Angela I checked the link you provided. The price is cheaper if you order from the Zumba Fitness website.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:11 PM
WAHM Addict

Angela- Just looked on Amazon- that set is only 64.95 there
Old 07-31-2010, 05:21 PM
Registered WAHM

Yey...I'm excited to try it out on Monday night. Can't wait. Everyone seems to love it.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:06 AM
Banned

thanks for the heads up for cheaper prices!

I went to my second Zumba class last Wednesday, and on Thursday night slipped in the shower and have sprained my ankle. No more action for a couple of weeks. I really enjoyed it to, so hope my motivation is good when I am healed.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:28 AM
Registered WAHM

Thanks for this info on Zumba. I never heard of it before and I just checked the dvd and it looks like fun. I'm going to give it a try
Old 08-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Super WAHM

Great advice! Zumba is a great workout! Really, mixing it up and not doing the same old boring cardio repetition everyday is what really works with weight loss. So Zumba would be a great way to break out of that borng cardio rountine. You will never get anywhere with weight loss if you are doing say for example: a hour on the eliptical machine everyday-same pace. Trust me!
Old 08-22-2010, 02:06 PM
Registered WAHM

I've been thinking about trying Zumba for awhile, I hear it is an awesome work out! Please let me know what your thoughts are on it after a week...
Old 08-23-2010, 12:16 PM
WAHM Regular

I am signing up for a Zumba class tomorrow evening. The classes are starting in mid-September and will be 1 hour on Tuesday nights for 8 consecutive weeks. I am very excited after hearing so many positive things about Zumba!

Tags
diet magic, exercise classes, zumba, zumba fitness