Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-09-2008, 06:49 AM
Super WAHM

At some point I get uninterested. I get tired of all the cooking I have to do to where I just want something out of the bag.

I think I might try that diet where you diet all week (I do low carb) and then have a cheat day. That way I can buy everything premade on the cheat day and get my "I hate cooking and cleaning" fix and "I need my chocolate with refined sugar and my pasta and chiili now" fixes out of the way.

has anyone tried this?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2008, 09:36 AM
Awesome WAHM

I don't diet, but I do have a cheat day (or two lol!)
I try to eat healthy meals, balancing out our proteins and carbs, and using fresh veggies that I steam (super easy-wash, throw in steamer, take out). I make a lot of steamed veggies on Sunday, enough for two to three meals so I don't have to do them again until mid week.
On Sundays we will BBQ a few steaks and a few breasts of chicken. I use these meats for the meals throughout the week. So I might make chicken fajitas one night, chinese steak one night, chicken parm one night, and if I make enough of the meats I don't have to cook the meat.
For me it is easy to cook this way because I know I'm eating healthy (not packaged foods) and if I do some time saving things on the weekend I don't have to spend so much time fixing new food on the week.
Hope some of these tips help!

Old 08-09-2008, 09:52 AM
Super WAHM

i can eat protein, most fruits and veggies with no problem. if i add anything with processed sugar or non whole wheat (and sometimes even whole wheat!) i gain weight and feel terrible. that's why a cheat day kind of scares me because i really don't like the bloating yuck feeling that happens when i eat those things.

when most people mean low carb, they don't mean cut out veggies and fruits. it's a common misconception
Old 08-09-2008, 10:00 AM
Super WAHM

I have a friend on a diet where the weekend are cheat days. Yes, 2 cheat days a week. She is definitely losing weight and another friend doing it too is getting results. I think the key to the cheat days is to not go completely overboard. Have the things you love, but try to be conscious of when you are full. Try to get the emotional eating under control(if that's even anissue). I don't see anything wrong with occasional treats. In fact, I think most of us need them. To totally cut something out that you love is, in my opinion, unreasonable.

A cheat day can work as long as you don't make it a total 24 hour binge.

Good luck!!
Old 08-09-2008, 10:09 AM
Super WAHM

that's the thing is that my sister is doing the 24 binge (well, not over stuffing herself) and she's losing every week. she just does fine all week and then has one day to devour anything.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:28 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I just ended my 2nd weekon contolled carb. So far I've lost 8 lbs and 15 inches.

I like doing the low carb way of eating. It's a lifestyle I can live with. However, there are times when we do want a meal full of carbs, and I had it last night. (smile)

I'm not the type that could do a whole day. But I can throw in a carb loaded meal from time to time and be ok.

You have to find what fits your lifestlyle and what works for you.

Best of luck to you!
Old 08-10-2008, 07:42 AM
Super WAHM

Deadra,

Congrats on your great results. That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!

I've been doing the high protein, "good" carb diet for 5 weeks and have lost about 15 pounds (a tremendous amount for me in that period of time). I even had a 4 day cheat in my 2nd week when I went away to my company's annual conference and just went a little crazy (expecially when they put cheescake right in front of me - I should have sent it away before they even put it down, but, well, just didn't). Anyway, I've had my little cheats here and there, but overall it's working and aside from the 4 day trip the cheats have been very few and far between and have been relatively small, too.

But, as you said, do what's best for you and your lifestyle.' Everyone has to find what works for them.

Congrats again
Old 08-10-2008, 08:17 AM
Super WAHM

so how do you guys handle the cooking? i'm thinking about getting a dehydrator so i can at least make my own jerkey to snack on. do you end up cooking a lot? any easy clean up tips? lol besides hiring a maid?
Old 08-11-2008, 01:00 PM
Super WAHM

I know I couldn't do all that cooking and having to buy this, that, etc., etc., either! [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

What I do is not a diet. It is a nutritional cleanse. Diets have a 98% failure rate. This has a 95% success rate. It's about getting healthy with the side benefit of healthy, rapid weight loss.

I highly recommend a good cleanse. I think the one I do is the safest and, for weight loss, the most rapid. This is a whole body cleanse, not just a colon or liver cleanse.

Either way you go, definitely check out cleansing. Be sure you do what is healthy and that feeds your body and doesn't starve it. You don't want to lose muscle mass!

Good luck to everyone!

Old 08-11-2008, 01:02 PM
Super WAHM

Oh, and Deadra! Congrats on finding what works for you![img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]