Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-27-2008, 10:35 AM
WAHM Addict

Do you work out at the same time each day? Or does it vary by day?

During the work week, I almost always go to the gym right about 2pm.

This is going to change. It will be 4pm starting this week.

On the weekends, I try to go early so I have the whole day ahead of me.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2008, 06:07 AM
WAHM Master

It varies by the day. Pretty much whenever I can fit it it! If I had my way, it would get done first thing in the morning, but it never happens.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:17 AM
Awesome WAHM

I always work out in the morning hours, 5 AM. The only thing that might change is my daughter is now out of preschool and I may try to go to the gym and take both daughters to the gym with me once or twice per week for swimming-I will swim, they'll go to daycare. My youngest is really a scaredy cat though so I dont know if this will work lol!
Old 07-28-2008, 08:09 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Well right now b/c I'm starting a new routine

(Mountain time)

I work out with Gilad from 8 to 9 AM - he has 2 separate programs on FitTV at this time - I like them b/c I get to sweating almost immediately and the areas he targets are the areas I need to pay attention

I'll be taking a walk between 10 and 11 - it ends up being somewhere between a mile and 1.5 miles round trip - but I'm not sure how I'm going to do it yet. I'll be walking my son down to the school - let him play at the park which has a path that I will probably walk around or play some ball with him - then we'll walk home. My preference is to get down there in 15 mins (shouldn't be a problem) stay for 30 and get back by 11.

Then at either 3 or 4 I'll do more cardio - It will be either my 3 or 4 mile walk DVD

Thats the plan for the next 10 days

Then I'll be in Stamford CT from the 7th to the 11th and am hoping that I am strict enough to do my workouts even if its 20 minutes on a bike or treadmill if the hotel (which I think they do) has a workout room. I know they have an indoor/outdoor pool so maybe swimming a couple laps those days would be even better - give my body something "new" and shock it... LOL
Old 07-28-2008, 11:33 AM
Super WAHM

I almost always work out right after I drop my kids at camp or preschool. When camp ends and they have 3 weeks before school starts, I'll go at the same time and use the babysitting service. When I have to make an appointment, I make it late in the morning so I still have time to work out. I tend to get out of my routine when I travel, but my last trip went pretty well. I was gone 4 days and worked out Thurs and Fri. I normally don't workout on the weekends anyway, so I stayed on track.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:33 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I have no excuse for not exercising.

I would like to walk to my dvd's in the mornings before I get ready for work - that would be around 5:00

I would like to take a night walk outside - at least a mile

Then I would like to take a swim

I seem to find excuses every day to NOT do these things. However, I am planning on walking tonight and maybe even go for a swim.

I live in NE Texas and this heat is just aweful right now. I don't sweat much and that makes it a little dangerous for me. But, I could always take a water bottle and hand towel to keep my face and body cool.

I have an inground pool and the water is warm so I have no excuse not to exercise.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:22 PM
WAHM Master

Lately it has been just working out at the gym and two days it's in the evening, one day in the morning and on the weekends we go early for spin class both Sat. & Sun.

When I work out at home as well, it's usually in the morning.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:42 PM
WAHM Addict

Although I would LOVE to work out in the morning because they say it is a great energy booster for the day, I am SOOO not a morning person and I just can't get myself to do it...so I find myself working out in the afternoon and sometimes in the evening!
Old 07-29-2008, 07:30 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Oh Dawn, I'm not a morning person either!!!
Angie, I wish we had a gym here, the nearest one is 50 miles away!
Old 07-29-2008, 07:56 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSmoke20
Although I would LOVE to work out in the morning because they say it is a great energy booster for the day, I am SOOO not a morning person and I just can't get myself to do it...so I find myself working out in the afternoon and sometimes in the evening!

I'm exactly the same way! Would love to work out in the AM but can't seem to get myself to do it!