Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-18-2008, 01:52 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Has anyone heard if Cass has had her baby yet or how she's doing?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2008, 02:01 PM
Awesome WAHM

Yes, Kass... hope you all are doing well!
Old 06-18-2008, 11:30 PM
Grand WAHM

Hope you and little Calebare doing well!

Lori
Old 06-19-2008, 05:51 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I also asked over in the Ameriplan folder.....Rhonda said Cass and Caleb are both doing fine. Said Caleb weighed over 10 lbs!! .... Ouch!
Old 06-19-2008, 11:42 AM
WAHM Addict

Congratulations to Kassandra and welcome to the world, little (umm BIG lol) Caleb!
Old 06-19-2008, 03:46 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Wow!

That'll put her weight loss off to a great start. [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Love,
Shannon

Old 06-19-2008, 06:50 PM
WAHM Addict

CONGRATS CASS and Welcome Baby Caleb! I feel for Cass because a 10lb baby...OH MY!!!!
Old 06-21-2008, 07:51 AM
WAHM Addict

Hey everyone! We're home and doing well! Caleb Timias Bragg, 10lbs 2 oz, 22 inches long, head circumference 14 1/2 inches and all I can say is thank God I listened to my doc and trusted her instincts and did the repeat cesarean![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

My appetite is back to normal, I actually feel full and Mr. Bragg is a milk machine. He kept me up all night last night nursing. My doc said not to even pay attention to my weight for the next 6 weeks. I'm retaining a lot of fluid and will probably lose 10lbs from that alone. I actually LOOK skinny to myself in the mirror, my skin color is returning to normal and I have more energy than ever! My allergies are gone, ligament pain gone, I feel great![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] Good thing I listened to the bra lady at Mother hood because I did lose 4 inches in my band size over night. My cup runneth over though![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Caleb had to be in the NICU and I didn't get too see him at all the first day (he had the same respiratory thing Kayla had, apparently it's common in c-section babies). They did supplement him on formula which really ticked me off but they were concerned about his blood sugar etc. Well my pediatrician rocks! She took him off the formula and had me breast feed exclusively and he turned around within hours. His sugars were better on my milk than on the formula.

Altogether I'd say my experience was good. The nursing staff and NICU staff in OR and L&D were really cold and rude and treated my husband like a nobody andI about cussed them out and told them they better treat him right. The post partum staff more than made up for it though! All my nurses were wonderful, the lactation consultant was great (Caleb is a show off too. He hadn't been latching on right but when the LC came in and had me latch why he latched on like a champ!?[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] Show off!)

The boy is a nursing machine. He's very aggressive too...I think they don't show babies like him on breastfeeding videos because it'll scare the other women[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img])

I'm following CORE right now and it's going really well. So in all we're all happy, healthy and safe.

ETA: Pics

Edited by: FV Mom
Old 06-21-2008, 09:57 AM
Awesome WAHM

Congratulations on the new baby!!! He's absolutely adorable
Old 06-21-2008, 10:32 AM
WAHM Fanatic

So cute!!!

I think that's the biggest newborn I've ever seen!

Congrats again.
Love
Shannon