Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:29 AM
Awesome WAHM

Hello every one!
Ihave been trying really hard to lose as much weightas possible, safely and fast. I have made REALLY good progress! I go to the gym every day (sometimes twicea day - the second time isonly cardio). But I wondered how much is the most you've lost in like two months and how long did it stay off? Also, what did you do to lose it? Was just curious - I'd heard of people losing 50 pounds in 2 months and others say like 20.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2008, 07:43 AM
WAHM Addict

50 pounds in 2 months?! I would guess a more accurate time frame to lose 50lbs is 9 to 12 months.

I lost 35lbs in 6 months by eating right and working out (Turbo Jam, jogging, walking on the treadmill).
Old 01-08-2008, 08:16 AM
Super WAHM

I lost around 25 pounds in two months almost a year ago but this was mainly due to a medication that I was taking. I wasn't actually tryingto lose weight at the time, it just started comingoff! With just diet and exercise the most that I have lost in two months is more like 10 pounds.

ETA:Its early lol, can't spell!Edited by: raynasmom
Old 01-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Awesome WAHM

The 1st timeI lost weight (about 6-7 yrs ago) It was 30 lbs in 4 months & then my last 20 lbs in 2 months for a total of 50 lbs in 6 months. I was able to keep it off for about 1-2 years until I burned out & started gaining again.
For my wedding in 2006, I lost 30 lbs in 4 months taking Vitamin B-12 shots & a low calorie diet & I gained it all back + more that same year.

I think the reason I, and most people - about 98% of the dieters, gain back the weight is because they fall back into old habits & don't really make a lifetime commitment to change. Anyone can go on a diet & lose 20, 30 or even 50 lbs in 2 months. The question is, what will you do after THAT "diet" is over, ya know?

I think someone can realistically lose about 10 lbs per month and keep it off if they stick to their healthy habits for life.

All the best to you!

~ Vilma
Old 01-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Super WAHM

In the past, I've lost an average of 1 pound per week. Not a lot, but safely and slowly is the way to go. The most I've lost in the past is 24 pounds. After I had baby #1, I couldn't take off the last 10 pounds of pregnancy weight, plus I was overweight to begin with by about 30 pounds. The only reason I stopped losing was that I got pregnant with baby #2 and lost the weight again the same way after she was born.

As for people who lose huge amounts of weight, there could be a variety of reasons. If they are very heavy and have a lot of weight to lost (100+) pounds, the weight can come off more quickly, espeically at the beginning. If someone is restricting their diet a lot or exercising a lot, the weight can come off more quickly. People also do extreme things that are not healthy like take laxative to lose the weight more quickly.

I think that 1 - 3 pounds a week is reaonable and as Vilma mentions above will most likely lead to maintaining the loss in the long run and create healthy habit to last a lifetime.

Congratulations on your weight loss!!
Old 01-08-2008, 12:13 PM
Awesome WAHM

Thanlk you so much!! Everyone's reply has been so helpful. I was just wondering what was realistic and what wasn't. I'd heard stories of people with rapid weight loss and moderate, but I wanted to hear from actual people here!Thank you - now I know to keep my goal realistic for lasting results (hopefully)!
Old 01-08-2008, 12:18 PM
WAHM Fanatic

The last time that I was successful in losing weight, I lost about 2.2lbs per week (1 kilo) until I had lost about 20lbs. I can't remember exactly.

Then there were other times when I lost weight but wasn't trying, so didn't pay attention (e.g. when I switched from regular soda to diet).

They say that 1-2 pouds per week is the optimal weight loss.

Love,
Shannon

Old 01-08-2008, 03:20 PM
WAHM Addict

In the beginning I lost 15 lbs in one month but I was on an extreme diet that was watched closely by a doctor (they thought something was wrong with my gallbladder so I had to cut out almost all food). The next month I dropped about 10 more. This is not a diet I would recommend to anyone...it was something I had to do. Although it is not a diet I would recommend, I am glad I had to do it because it really kicked my butt into gear!

Now I am not losing nearly that much weight....I will be happy with 2-4 pounds per month!
Old 01-09-2008, 12:06 AM
WAHM Regular

I lost about 35lbs through diet and exercise, but was then hit with a breast cancer scare. I started eating crap, not sleeping, not working out, and ultimately gained the whole lot back.

I am now working to do it all again, and keep it off this time.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:58 AM
WAHM Master

I lost 30 pounds in 3 months back in the summer of 2006. I came back from my 20th wedding anniversary second honeymoon and looked at pictures and wanted to cry[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img] because I couldn't believe I had gained so much weight. So I started exercising like crazy and watching what I was eating. Those first 30 came off pretty quickly, averaging 10 pounds a month. Then I hit a wall...

I've been gaining and losing 10 pounds for the past year and a half. I only have about 15 pounds to go to reach goal but this time I'm determined to get those last 15 pounds gone for good!

Bev