Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:45 AM
Awesome WAHM

I don't know about you all, but I struggle with this at times... here is an interesting article I found at Sparkpeople...

Exercise and Your Period
If you're like most women, you might not know how to effectively mix that time of the month with a regular exercise routine. Learn how to work with your cycle while staying fit.

Go with the Flow

~ Vilma
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2007, 10:17 AM
WAHM Addict

FOURTH GRADE!?!?!?!Oh great, my daughter just started 4th grade this yearHopefully the schools warn the parents my goodness! Ok back on topic, I used to try and find creative ways to deal with it, now I just pop Midol and call it a day[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] Working out HAS shortened the length of my periods though. I only have 1 or 2 heavy days and am barely spotting by day 4Edited by: FV Mom
Old 08-29-2007, 10:36 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FV Mom
FOURTH GRADE!?!?!?!Oh great, my daughter just started 4th grade this yearHopefully the schools warn the parents my goodness!
Yeah... that's what I said!!! I don't remember getting this class until 6th & 7th grade!!!

Exercising during my periods are weird... usually the day before or day day off... I am EXTREMELY exhausted and just want to sleep. I do take Midol the 1st & 2nd day to aliviate pain and discomfort but don't have much strenght to lift heavy or do anything extreme. Usually some light cardio and weights is all I can really do.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:40 AM
WAHM Master

I read this article the other day. It's great!

I had horrible periods for years (cramps, migraines, etc.) and ever since I started exercising consistantly pretty much all of those symptoms are gone.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:50 AM
Banned

Yep, I agree, excersise helps me with the discomfort but the thing is actually pulling yourself together to actually get in a workout.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:55 AM
WAHM Addict

Seriously, WHY is a FOURTH GRADER having a wet dream!?!?!?!It's the doggone milk I tell ya! Pumping those kids full of hormones, yeesh!
Old 08-29-2007, 07:10 PM
WAHM Addict

I had my first "you know what" at the age of 9 and I know alot of moms who say there kids have gotten it young, so that is probably why they are doing the classes early. Heck my 6 year old knows what a period is not to the full extent but she knows it is a woman's body way of cleaning itself out.
As for exercise while TOTM....I cannot the first day or if I can, it is nothing that requires alot of moving around....LOL! I wish I could say that losing weight has helped with cramps....unfortunately no....as for it being shorter....NOPE on that one too! I feel though it has helped me be less moody though...LOL!

FVmom...yeah wet dreams in the 4th grade...that surprised me too but you know what maybe now we are more open to talk about it verses back then.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:50 AM
WAHM Master

I didn't start until I was 12 and actually, I was told a couple years ago that I was a late bloomer Although, if I remember correctly, the majority of my friends started around that age because they all started like right before me and were talking about it (thank God because I wouldn't have even known what was going on if they hadn't).

As far as exercise - I'm like Angie. Mine used to be notreal bad, but I would get really crampy the first day and it was kind of heavy, but since exercising consistently, I don't suffer from cramps, it's lighter and it doesn't last as long. Of course, mine could have lightened up a bit because I'm getting older, too. But the only way I know it's on its way is because I get really bloated the week before

Oh, and I keep right on working out. The only thing I do, since I am anemic, is be sure and take my iron and I'm fine and dandy.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Awesome WAHM

oh wow my daughter just started fourth grade! ugh! we bought her some sports bras this year but only b/c she has some shirts that when she bends over you can see down her shirt, my dh threw a fit! lol......but i know my periods are a lot more tolerable since i started working out. and there shorter too