Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-19-2007, 05:36 AM
Awesome WAHM

I am a sodaoholic and i know that soda can add weight and also isnt too good for you

but i cant seem to stop drinking soda i have to have a can of soda when i first wake up in the morning

anyone have a cure for this
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2007, 06:24 AM
WAHM Master

Linda,
I was absolutely a sodaholic too! I used to drink probably more than 5 cans a day Personally, I just made a decision to quit cold turkey and sure it was hard at first but once I saw benefits from it, it just got easier to handle. I always thought I could never give it up but I did and have been soda free since May 05.

If youdon't think you can quitcold turkey, try having less and less each day and give yourself a cut off date.

There really isn't a cure, you just have to make a commitment if it's something you really want to achieve.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:43 AM
Awesome WAHM

i think the most i have gone is a day without soda

its one of those bad habits that needs to go away
Old 06-19-2007, 08:39 AM
WAHM Addict

I was a soda-a-holic. I drank so much soda that it made my friends sick. I would drink 2 2 liters a day by myself!!!!! On a weekly basis, we use to have a trash can filled with plastic soda bottles just from my consumption only.
I started out with Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi....giving that up was the hardest because it tastes soooooo good! So what I did was switch to Diet Pepsi, then I switched to Caffine Free Diet Pepsi. I stayed on Caffine free for a while, and it was tough. I craved the caffine but I fought it. Then I got off dark sodas completely. I went to Diet 7-up or Diet Sierra Mist or Sprite Zero. I stayed on that for awhile and I still am but I am only only going through 1 2 litter a day and that is for the whole family...not just me. I maybe have 1 or 2 glasses a day.
The best part is, now that I haven't drank the dark stuff in a long time, when I go to take a sip or something (Like if I am at someones house for a party or something like that) I cannot STAND the way it tastes. What I have been drinking instead is flavored water or regular water (and trust me I am not a water person at all, but because of the June challenge we have going on, I am forcing myself...and I do find myself grabbing the water or flavored water before reaching for the soda.
So you can try slowly weaning yourself off. You will be surprised at how yucky the dark stuff tatstes once you get it out of your system and off your tastes buds!
Good Luck!

Edited by: OrangeSmoke20
Old 06-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Awesome WAHM

Hello, my name is Kenya.... and I am soda-holic. lol... just felt like a group meeting in here. Sodaholics Anonymous. I have the same problem. I soon learned that it wasn't soda, but caffeine that I needed (which is bad too lol) so I gradually switched to caffeinated tea.... then gradually switched to decaf tea and decaf coffee.... it seems to have helped, but every now and then, I just can't help myself. HTH!
Old 06-19-2007, 01:07 PM
Awesome WAHM

Hey that is soo me!! I am a Dr. Pepper addict!!!! I have no idea how I am going to do without it. I tried cold turkey once but I suffer from migraines and the lack of caffeine made it even worse. Diet soda for me just tastes gross!! So i am making myself a chart and allowing myself to be weened off of it!! Good luck and let us know what happens!!
Old 06-19-2007, 05:01 PM
WAHM Addict

Good luck on the weaning!!! It is tough, but you can do it! I had the shakes and the urge to want the caffeine but I haven't had caffeine since December 2nd, 2006! I have been off dark soda since around January. It is a process but once you get it out, you will think it tastes gross (although Dr. Pepper is GOOD...LOL)
DAWNEdited by: OrangeSmoke20
Old 06-19-2007, 05:16 PM
WAHM Master

Try sparkling flavored water. You get the fizz and some flavor, then try to move onto water w/ slices of lemon, lime or orange.

Good luck!!
Old 06-19-2007, 05:32 PM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothermomtotwo
then try to move onto water w/ slices of lemon, lime or orange
Great suggestion! I just recently started adding lemon to my water occasionallyand I love the change of pace. I have also mixed lemon and lime together in my water and that was interesting.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:36 PM
WAHM Master

I really love lime, lemon and orange slices in my water! I have my kids liking their water that way now also.

It's so refreshing!