Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-08-2007, 04:41 PM
WAHM Regular

[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img] Hi - I've been reading the WAHM message boards for a long time, but never posted anything in this particular forum. My weight has been steadily creeping up for the past few years & now it's at a point that I just can't stand to look at myself. I've been trying to watch what I eat & not overdo it on my vices (sweets & butter....).

All I know is that I've looked into different weight-loss centers, and I can't bring myself to pay the enormous amounts of money that they want!I used to belong to a gym, but I don't know how I'd fit it in my schedule anymore, between working, doing things with my kids and for their school, my husband working and also trying to start a home-business.

Wah, wah, rant, rant. I'm hoping that this forum will give me the motivation that I need to give myself a kick in my ever-increasing butt. I really applaud all of you who have found success with your weight loss, and I'm really looking forward to reading these posts regularly ! [img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img] Edited by: Valley Mom
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2007, 05:56 PM
WAHM Master

Welcome Valley Mom! So glad you decided to join us

I'm sure you will find the motivation you are looking for here!
Old 06-08-2007, 07:12 PM
WAHM Addict

Welcome to this forum!
This forum is a HUGE motivation! Once you start seeing the results either from yourself or from someone else's post, you will get encourage. I definitely encourage you to visit Angie's site (like above in her post to you) Take a look at her pictures, and I know for me....it helped me really get my butt in gear! I am down 40 plus lbs from January 2007!
If you get lost...post here! Everyone is SUPER supportive and full of great info! (Also visit FVmom's post...she has TONS of info and is doing a SUPER job at losing weight!)
Visit often...I am hooked!
DAWN

PS- Editted to add you don't need alot of money to lose weight. If you do a lifestyle change like I did (and like alot of people on this forum) you will start to see the weight come off. The only thing I have paid for is my physical therapy which was for medical reasons, but she helped me with some stuff I can do without hurting my neck or back! Also I believe Turbo jam which seems to real popular is only around $99 or so for the basic kit (gosh I should know this since I take calls for it at LO...LOL)
Edited by: OrangeSmoke20
Old 06-09-2007, 08:55 AM
WAHM Regular

Welcome aboard and ditto everything else said. You can do it!
Old 06-09-2007, 01:43 PM
Awesome WAHM

Hi Valley Mom... WELCOME![img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img]

There are many inspirational stories here & many people that are here to help you out if you need motivation, ideas & such...

It all starts with making a decision to lose weight & get healthy and it looks that you are on the right track. Just remember that this should be a decision for the rest of your life and not something temporary. Take it each day at a time starting with healthy food choices & start adding more exercise into your day. Soon enough you will start seeing the inches & weight come off! [img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img]

We have daily check in threads like this:

Weekend Workouts 6/9 &amp; 6/10</font>

And monthly contests like this:

June Contest - Your Why and Week 1

</font>June Contest Info</font>

These may help you stay motivated &amp; help you stay accountable.

Welcome again, and I'm looking foward to reading about your success SOON!

To your health!

~ Vilma

Edited by: veperez
Old 06-10-2007, 02:02 AM
WAHM Regular

Wow - I never expected to see such a great forum of health/fitness support on this site... I expected businessand parenting info only.

It really does cover the spectrum of topics! I'm adding this to my favorites and will be visiting often!!! Edited by: VBCoach25
Old 06-10-2007, 05:38 AM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBCoach25
Wow - I never expected to see such a great forum of health/fitness support on this site... I expected businessand parenting info only.

It really does cover the spectrum of topics! I'm adding this to my favorites and will be visiting often!!!
Julie,
Isn't it great? So glad to hear you will be visiting us often.

Feel free to start a new thread tointroduce yourself. We look forward to getting to know more about you and your weight loss/fitness goals.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:53 AM
WAHM Regular

I think I came to the right place! [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
I've checked out all the threads/links that others have posted - and now I am motivated - woo hoo!
Now, to actually turn the motivation into movement.... I will work on that next. Thanks for replying, everyone - it was nice to meet you and I'm really looking forward to more posts!

Valley MomEdited by: Valley Mom
Old 06-10-2007, 03:52 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks for the warm Welcome Angie! I look forward to continuing to stop by!!!

Valley Mom - It's great that you are getting motivation here too. It seems like it just takes something to click - and then you are on to a life of better health and fitness!!!

*hugs* and Thanks again!