Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:49 AM
WAHM Addict

I am looking for sources of protein, other than eggs & nuts. Does anyone know about liquid protein drinks?

thanks

Is this something I could take for "making me feel fuller benefits" and so my blood sugar levels don't go crazy or is this strictly for people who seriously work out all the time. I do see the warning about weight reduction. I thought that maybe that was in cases where it is used every day.

http://www.gncproperformance.com/goods/product/default.aspx?id=350772&c=6&lang=enEdited by: Lilbrownbear
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2007, 05:56 AM
Awesome WAHM

Protein powders are all very different chemistry-wise, though they may look the same. Basically two sources, soy and whey. You should not live solely on protein powders for a lot of reasons, but as a meal supplement they are fine for most people. I always add a scoop or two of fiber to every shake., makes it thicker, better tasting, and better for you.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:01 AM
WAHM Master

I've always used protein shakes & bars to help me get extra protein. I don't know about the gnc one you have here. It looks like just an amino acid supplement and I'm not sure that would help with the "fullness factor." Have you considered protein powder? Just look for one that is low-glycemic and has some fiber in it...Or get a protein only powder and have some fresh fruit with it. That should help you feel full and give you the protein boost you need.

Are you a vegetarian? Cottage cheese has lots of protein.
Hope that helps!
Old 05-25-2007, 06:37 AM
WAHM Master

Protein shakes for me most of the time. I haven't tried any of those liquid protein packs, so I don't know much about them.

Chicken, turkey, fish, lean beef, beans, cheese, peanut butter,andtofu are all thatI can think of right now.
HTH
Old 05-25-2007, 06:38 AM
WAHM Addict

Vanilla whey protein is my favorite because it is so versatile. I can make a shake with fresh fruit, non-fat yogurt, and tofu.

Legumes are a good source of protein (and fiber) ... peas, black beans, navy beans, etc. Cottage cheese is also a good source ... and tuna & salmon.