Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Awesome WAHM

Every wondered what 200 Calorie portions look like?

Wisegeek lists over 70 food items
(in order of weight) along with an appropriate photo of each. Topping
the list is celery - where it takes a massive 1.4 kilograms to provide
200 calories of food energy.

Another good place to check is the Calorie King Portion Watch tool.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2007, 03:19 PM
WAHM Addict

Wanted to add to the list egg whites! They taste just as good as whole eggs, but have less fat and calories. You'd need to eat TWELVE egg whites to hit 206 cals!I just ate 5 (86 cals) and I am stuffed (good thing too 'cause I can't afford to eat anything else thanks to my sugar binge todayThanks VERIZON for keeping me on hold for over a stinkin' hour[img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]. I snack when I'm on hold - one of my few bad eating habits (I developed it after I quit smoking as I used to smoke on hold[img]smileys/smiley21.gif[/img])
Old 05-21-2007, 03:26 PM
Awesome WAHM

Thanks for adding that!

I [img]smileys/smiley27.gif[/img] LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEE[img]smileys/smiley27.gif[/img] egg whites!

Yummy!

They do fill you up really good. I typically eat about 6 egg whites in one sitting for breakfast & sometimes when I need to reach my Protein Ratio %'s.

A suggestion about snacks... have you tried to keep baby carrots around? They fill me up really quick & takes the munchies away w/ out overloading on the calories. 38 calories for 28 baby carrots. Not bad. [img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img]

~ Vilma

Old 05-21-2007, 03:38 PM
WAHM Addict

Girl, I had some good snack around but I just didn't want them! I went straight for the fruit roll ups (Thank you walmart for having them on the clearance rack for 75 cents!Everyone was grabbing them up and I started to experience fear of loss so I bought them convincing myself they are real fruit). I had an handful of almosds...which became a couple of handfulsThen I had 4 and a half Mexican Popsicles (OOOH those thingsare EEEEVAAALLL! Hubby has me hooked on Mexican candy too, especially those coconut rollsI gotta watch my back lol). Verizon customer service stinks and the automated lady pushed me over the edgeThankfully though, I am only 97 cals over my minimum for the day! WHEW!I'm gonna load up on raw fruits and veggies tonight at the grocery store. Oh man, I forgot the number one "cheat" trick. If you have something "bad" drink some fiber right afterwards. It'll not only help you feel full, but the fiber will slow the digestion of the sugar and keep your blood sugar from going crazy signalling to your body to store fat.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:38 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruta Vida Mom
Oh man, I forgot the number one "cheat" trick. If you have something "bad" drink some fiber right afterwards. It'll not only help you feel full, but the fiber will slow the digestion of the sugar and keep your blood sugar from going crazy signalling to your body to store fat.
Hey... never thought of doing this, but it makes sense.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:20 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks for sharing.. that was interesting to see.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:26 AM
WAHM Master

That is really neat! Thanks for the link.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:51 AM
WAHM Regular

I haven't read the list yet but it should include 1/2 a chicken or turkey sandwich packed with veggies on whole wheat. That's one of my favorite 200 calorie binges.