Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-23-2011, 04:18 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Default November 9, 2011 - Feds to cut off TV & radio broadcasts, temorarily

Anybody have a fishing pole I could borrow?

On that day, federal authorities are going to shut off all television and radio communications simultaneously at 2:00PM EST to complete the first ever test of the national Emergency Alert System (EAS).

The Feds Will Cut Off TV and Radio on November 9th | TheBlaze.com
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2011, 05:58 PM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsCyrcus View Post
Anybody have a fishing pole I could borrow?

On that day, federal authorities are going to shut off all television and radio communications simultaneously at 2:00PM EST to complete the first ever test of the national Emergency Alert System (EAS).

The Feds Will Cut Off TV and Radio on November 9th | TheBlaze.com

I used to think, and to some extent still do think, you are out of your mind. Bush was going to round us all up and put us in fema camps etc..............Never happened as we all know.

This on the other hand, along with some other things that are going on, scare the ever lovin crap out of me. I still don't buy half of what you sell, but this thing along with a list of others that bothers me.

I've been very busy lately and this was the first I've read or heard on this, do you know if it's going to shut down HAM as well?

Some of the comments on this, are down right, to close to home!

Quote:
That’s a minute longer than necessary for the “Two Minutes of Hate” LOL
1984 Orwell reference, if you didn't know, read the book. Also read Atlas Shrugged, a lot of this stuff is hitting to close to home. Not directed at Mrs C, I'm sure she's read them both.

Do I believe this is as bad as Mrs.C is making out to be? NO.

But being unprepared is worse than doing nothing though. Most people don't have more than 3 days of food in there house at a given time. Sad, and scary.

The farm thread about milk is also something to be concerned about. http://www.wahm.com/forum/current-ev...oose-food.html

Not a real accurate article considering the source. The ruling was about selling milk raw milk, which is illegal in the state. But seriously, what's next? The title was misleading. I drink milk from my goat every day, and they'll have to put me in a fema camp or take all I have to stop me.

All, I'm saying is don't think, just because it's sounds kooky, it can't be true, deter you from doing your own due diligence.

Look, Mrs C, I know you are going to come back with both guns for my head, maybe just one, because I tempered my response. I'm not going to respond. I do what I think is right, I believe what I believe, and I'm not going down the old roads. Don't have the time. Actually just trying to unwind for a night. I haven't been here in months. So please save the effort. You make your self look small when you start attacking, you make better points, when you just state your position, sometimes I've agreed and sometimes, I've though about buying stock in foil. That's just the way I see it.

Hope everything is going well for you, and I wish you peace, safety and happiness. Stay safe and keep the ammo dry!
Old 10-26-2011, 06:21 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I'm not here to attack anyone nor fight with anyone either. I haven't been here in awhile either. I just found something I thought should be posted that's concerning to me, that's all. I've been attacked enough so I can take whatever anyone wants to throw at me.

Not sure about the HAM radios, though from some of the comments, it looks like it would be OK. Don't take my word for it though.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:08 PM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsCyrcus View Post
I'm not here to attack anyone nor fight with anyone either. I haven't been here in awhile either. I just found something I thought should be posted that's concerning to me, that's all. I've been attacked enough so I can take whatever anyone wants to throw at me.

Not sure about the HAM radios, though from some of the comments, it looks like it would be OK. Don't take my word for it though.

Well, I hope you are doing good. Thank you for the tempered response to what I was saying, it wasn't meant to insult in any way.

Oppppppppppppppppppps. I said I was responding. LOL

Guess we will meet again when TEOTWAWKI happens.

Good night. If you want my email, PM me.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:17 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I'm doing good when I can wake up breathing. Thanks for making me have to do some homework this early in the morning! LOL Caught me off guard with those initials.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:05 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Default FEMA, FCC Announce Nationwide Test Of The Emergency Alert System

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will conduct the first nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System (EAS). The nationwide test will occur on Wednesday, November 9 at 2 p.m. eastern standard time and may last up to three and a half minutes.

FEMA: FEMA, FCC Announce Nationwide Test Of The Emergency Alert System