Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 10:46 AM
WAHM Master

It seems like the ONE very simple rule for this folder is not clear for whatever reason. So I thought I would clarify the rule. And this applies for everyone.

What is allowed in this folder:

Just about anything is up for discussion in this folder. Any current events are permissible in this folder. Differing opinions are allowed in this folder, and actually, different opinions are wanted here. This is Discuss the Issues, so I don't know how one can have a "good" discussion without there being dissenting opinions.

And just to be clear, the definition of discussion:

dis•cus•sion (dĭ-skŭsh'ən) Pronunciation Key
n.
1. Consideration of a subject by a group; an earnest conversation.
2. A formal discourse on a topic; an exposition.

So what's not up for discussion…

Another member's comprehension skills or perceived lack thereof.
Another member's spelling skills.
Another member's posting style.
Another member's perceived obsession with an issue, person, place or thing.
Another member's anything.

See a pattern here? [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Do NOT discuss another member here in any way, shape or form, period! And no name calling, blatantly or otherwise. It really is that simple.

Also, please do not post how you're going to stop coming in this folder or posting in this folder, how other people won't post in this folder because of a select few members, on and on and on. It furthers no discussion. If you don't want to post here, okay, don't post in this folder. If others don't want to post here, while it is unfortunate, that's their decision. I want everyone to feel welcome to post here, but really those types of posts do not help.

Also, if you feel that a post breaks the one rule of this folder, please DO NOT RESPOND. I know how hard it is to not respond, I really, really do, but do not respond. Hit the report button and if the post is determined to be breaking the rule, it will be deleted and the appropriate action (decided upon by myself or the moderators of this folder) will be taken.

If you need help or have a question or comment, please contact the assigned moderators of Discuss the Issues, which are listed at the top of this folder.

Thank you!

Jennifer

Sponsored Links

Closed Thread