Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:04 PM
WAHM Addict

I honestly don't know what to make of this????

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalra...to-suppor.html

Quote:
"Mark my words," the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

"I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate," Biden said to Emerald City supporters, mentioning the Middle East and Russia as possibilities. "And he's gonna need help. And the kind of help he's gonna need is, he's gonna need you - not financially to help him - we're gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right." (right about what?????)</font>
"Gird your loins," Biden told the crowd. "We're gonna win with your help, God willing, we're gonna win, but this is not gonna be an easy ride. This president, the next president, is gonna be left with the most significant task. It's like cleaning the Augean stables, man. This is more than just, this is more than think about it, literally, think about it this is more than just a capital crisis, this is more than just markets. This is a systemic problem we have with this economy." What's he talking about????</font>

"I've forgotten more about foreign policy than most of my colleagues know, so I'm not being falsely humble with you. I think I can be value added, but this guy has it," the Senate Foreign Relations chairman said of Obama. "This guy has it. But he's gonna need your help. Because I promise you, you all are gonna be sitting here a year from now going, 'Oh my God, why are they there in the polls? Why is the polling so down? Why is this thing so tough?' We're gonna have to make some incredibly tough decisions in the first two years. So I'm asking you now, I'm asking you now, be prepared to stick with us. Remember the faith you had at this point because you're going to have to reinforce us."

You literally can see what these kids are up against, our kids in that region," Biden said in recalling when his helicopter was forced down due to a snowstorm there. "The place is crawling with al Qaeda. And it's real."

"We do not have the military capacity, nor have we ever, quite frankly, in the last 20 years, to dictate outcomes," he cautioned. "It's so much more important than that. It's so much more complicated than that. And Barack gets it."

After speaking for just over a quarter of an hour, Biden noticed the media presence in the back of the small ballroom.

"I probably shouldn't have said all this because it dawned on me that the press is here," he joked.

"All kidding aside, these guys have left us in a God-awful place," he then said of the Bush regime, promptly wrapping up his remarks. "We have the ability to straighten it out. It's gonna take a little bit of time, so I ask you to stay with us. Stay with us."
I highlighted the remarks that were just "odd" to me. It's like he already knows what's going to take place in the future. Something there, or is this guy just an idiot????
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2008, 07:15 PM
WAHM Addict

He also said that this would happen because Obama lacked experience.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:15 PM
WAHM Master

I don't have a clue what he's talking about unless it has something to do with the threats of terrorism that I was hearing about yesterday?

I dunno, but sometimes I wonder who's side Biden is really on
Old 10-20-2008, 07:16 PM
WAHM Addict

This guy just can't shut up... you know Obama is like WTH man!
Old 10-20-2008, 07:21 PM
WAHM Addict

But do you think there is anything to what he says??? Is he just spouting off what he knows, and not discerning what he should say or not say? Or is he just making stuff up as he goes along, and really doesn't know what he's talking about?

I'm confused, because this man is supposed to be such a genuius????
Old 10-20-2008, 07:21 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciber8mx
Quote:
Originally Posted by CammiB
I highlighted the remarks that were just "odd" to me. It's like he already knows what's going to take place in the future. Something there, or is this guy just an idiot????
Maybe he is a secrete PUMA? [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] I bet that's it!!!!
Old 10-20-2008, 07:22 PM
WAHM Master

Yes, I think there is something to what he said....or what he said in a roundabout way.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:42 PM
WAHM Master

Biden is the gift that keeps on giving.[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Stand up Chuck..........................Oh well God love you, stand up for Chuck.

WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnmurra
Yes, I think there is something to what he said....or what he said in a roundabout way.
I can definitly see our enemies challenging us with a change of command and one who has no plan of action and has a tough time wanting to deal with terrorists as terrorists. So I don't think Biden is necessarily wrong in what he said. It just seems an odd thing to say right before an election.

It's more of what you say once a disaster has occured to rally people together. It almost seems like he's afraid that he needs to teach people how to support Obama now because Obama isn't going to be able to do that himself when the time arises. That is an unfortunate assumption for Biden to make about his own canidate.
WAHM Addict

I think Bill Clinton is PUMA lol some of the crazy things he has said... the cracker vote!