Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:07 PM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by questarthews
I was surprised they said mccain because we are in a dark blue state, lol. I figured if they were gonna get influence at school it would be the other direction[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Watch out Quest your kids are bucking the system already.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2008, 11:18 PM
Super WAHM

My daughter is 6 and says she is voting for Obama. I asked her why she thinks he would make a good president, she said because she likes his name.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:20 AM
WAHM Master

My 5 year old could care less. My 7 year comes and parrots the commercials back to me when he sees them. I assume he is voting McCain because he seems to repeat those the most even though we see more Obama ones.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:35 AM
WAHM Addict

My daughter just turned 18 this month, so she will be voting for the first time ... for McCain.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:38 AM
WAHM Master

Well, much to my dismay, my oldest told me (in a barely audible whisper) she's voting for Obama. My youngest has said she's voting for McCain. The oldest is 7, to be 8 in a couple weeks, and the youngest is 6.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:43 AM
Super WAHM

My 7 year old is pretty much clueless, doesn't care, and is ready for it to be over, (she's tired of us watchingso much of thenews, lol). My 5 year old is sick of hearing about Obama, I think she's just tired of his t.v. ads. My 14 year old is sick of hearing about Obama, apparently there's a lot of talk at the high school about it. She's also sick of seeing his picture, as there are several students that have been wearing Obama tee's to school, and she doesn't understand why there's no one wearing a McCain shirt, lol. I guess I should have ordered her a McCain shirt, lol, but that probably would've given her trouble at school anyway, (from other students, not staff).
Old 10-21-2008, 07:37 AM
WAHM Addict

My oldest is voting for Obama and Palin[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] She likes Palin because she's really pretty and she like her hair. She's voting for Obama because John McCain's rapid fire blinking when he get pissed freaks her out[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] and she says he's always so mean and rude. My youngest likes McCain because he looks like Grandpa[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] and wants to marry Barack Obama (or pretty much any brown boy[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] I went to First Steps To Success this weekend and we met a handsome dark chocolate gentleman and Kayla said she wanted to marry a dark brown boy just like that[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]) She doesn't like Palin because she reminds her of Savannah and she doesn't like Savannah[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
My kids are biracial btw so that may also be why they like Obama. My kids are 10 and 5.

Edited by: FV Mom
Old 10-21-2008, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey4
Watch out Quest your kids are bucking the system already.
Hopefully it all remains political[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Old 10-21-2008, 08:13 AM

I love all the reasons the kids give for their votes. Funny thing is, their reasons are probably just as good as ours for all the results we seem to get[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2008, 09:27 AM
WAHM Fanatic

My daughter is 11 and voting for McCain. Politics are huge in our household though, so they have been immersed every 4 years..lol! She actually came home the other day and said 3 kids in her class are for Obama, but she's "working" on them. I was shocked they even talk about the campaign, but she says that it is A LOT of what they talk about! Who knew? She has watched the conventions of both sides, we looked at their stand on issues on each website, and she is turned off by Biden cause she says he's strange?? And Obama is pompous!

We always pick a word from the dictionary each night, and learn the definition. Then, each person in the family is supposed to use it in everyday conversation the next day, and annouce how they used it and with whom at dinner that night. The word the night before had been pompous..

My son is nine and says no one talks about the election at his school. And he is so sick of the campaign ads on both sides, he just wants the election to be OVER!!