Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-09-2008, 01:01 PM
WAHM Addict

It's been all over the TV and net that women are not biting for Palin. Some of it's downright hateful. I know I'm liking her but besides that...

They are going on the abortion issue... I look at that like it's a non issue good luck getting that overturned. She herself would have to appoint x amount of supreme court justices (that is the presidents job!) that all saw it in her favor. It would be tried and retried. So, Roe vs. Wade isn't an issue, it's not getting overturned in this lifetime. I think that people just try to stir the pot with that one.

Ok, that said, a friend and I were talking about how we think other women are hatin' on Gov. Palin because she is smart and pretty!

What do y'all think?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2008, 01:03 PM
WAHM Master

Nah, don't believe the blogosphere. Seriously, though, I just read a poll yesterday, and I'll see if I can find it, that says McCain has gained 20% more of female voters since announcing Palin.

Let me go see if I can find that again. I didn't save it in my Favorites, so it might take me a few.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:05 PM
WAHM Master

Hey, that was quick!

"White women have moved from 50-42 percent in Obama's favor before the conventions to 53-41 percent for McCain now, a 20-point shift in the margin that's one of the single biggest post-convention changes in voter preferences. The other, also to McCain's advantage, is in the battleground Midwest, where he's moved from a 19-point deficit to a 7-point edge."

http://abcnews.go.com/PollingUnit/Po...238&page=1
Old 09-09-2008, 01:05 PM
WAHM Addict

No, I have had actual real life woman talk hateful about Palin.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:07 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnmurra
Hey, that was quick!

"White women have moved from 50-42 percent in Obama's favor before the conventions to 53-41 percent for McCain now, a 20-point shift in the margin that's one of the single biggest post-convention changes in voter preferences. The other, also to McCain's advantage, is in the battleground Midwest, where he's moved from a 19-point deficit to a 7-point edge."

http://abcnews.go.com/PollingUnit/Po...238&page=1
I saw that this morning and was so happy I was almost skipping my kids to school. [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2008, 01:10 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Huh, most women I talk to LOVE HER, and it is mostly men I hear negative from. But, that doesn't surprise me. Men normally don't like strong women.
So, count me on the Palin fan club..I am LOVIN' her!!!!
Old 09-09-2008, 01:22 PM
WAHM Master

Really, Trinkies? I haven't heard that from women. And the only male that seems to totally hate her is my brother, but he's about as liberal as they come. But then again, he hated Hillary too, so this leads me to believe...he doesn't like any strong women!
Old 09-09-2008, 01:22 PM
WAHM Regular

I don't like Palin when I compare her to some of the other women in politics. In my opinion she inferior in education, experience and class. If she wins I hope that she doesn't further embarrass America or mess up so badly that it will be hard to get another woman in office. I'm sure that she's a nice enough person though. I know a lot of women who feel the same way.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:26 PM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinkies
It's been all over the TV and net that women are not biting for Palin. Some of it's downright hateful. I know I'm liking her but besides that...

They are going on the abortion issue... I look at that like it's a non issue good luck getting that overturned. She herself would have to appoint x amount of supreme court justices (that is the presidents job!) that all saw it in her favor. It would be tried and retried. So, Roe vs. Wade isn't an issue, it's not getting overturned in this lifetime. I think that people just try to stir the pot with that one.

Ok, that said, a friend and I were talking about how we think other women are hatin' on Gov. Palin because she is smart and pretty!

What do y'all think?

It's funny I've heard people who don't like her politics (personally when I talk face to face) but those same people are admiring her spunk and attitude. I haven't heard a great deal of complaints about her.

Since most of the men I know are conservitives not liberals, they are just having way too much fun with what this is doing to the liberal media and to some of their liberal friends so it's not a fair comparison.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Super WAHM

I don't think Obama has women supporters just because of the abortion issue, because regardless of which side you are on, you would need a very one sided supreme court as well.
I think many women support Obama simply because they have been charmed and wooed by his speeches, and they never really stopped to listen to exactly what he says, they just like to listen to him say it. I think that men, by nature, are more skeptical about what they hear.