WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

gingerbread 02-07-2014 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truckwife (Post 3192364)
I'm soooo glad for you! Congrats!!

Lynne

I appreciate it Lynne,
If you and a couple of other gals hadn't shared about getting paid by Titan and your experience, I doubt I would have tried them once again.
thanks to you, smurfy and I believe one more gal but I don't recall her screen name,

Also having others post that are trying to get approved and paid sure is helpful with keeping a person motivated while waiting to see if their work is good enough to make this a work at home opportunity for financial gain,.

havetime 02-08-2014 09:59 PM

Too tight

[Q

Well after looking bck...still working on 2nd...I could b pulling too tight ....
my 1st critique back..it was too large..I do HV a sample but can't get it to match up....The double is good but single just won't tighten like sample....very frustrating. ..not a quitter. ..yet...but crazy :/

UOTE=gingerbread;3192729]I appreciate it Lynne,
If you and a couple of other gals hadn't shared about getting paid by Titan and your experience, I doubt I would have tried them once again.
thanks to you, smurfy and I believe one more gal but I don't recall her screen name,

Also having others post that are trying to get approved and paid sure is helpful with keeping a person motivated while waiting to see if their work is good enough to make this a work at home opportunity for financial gain,.[/QUOTE]

Truckwife 02-09-2014 11:45 AM

[QUOTE=havetime;3193059]

Well after looking bck...still working on 2nd...I could b pulling too tight ....
my 1st critique back..it was too large..I do HV a sample but can't get it to match up....The double is good but single just won't tighten like sample....very frustrating. ..not a quitter. ..yet...but crazy :/

I know it can be very frustrating to get to a place where you're weaving consistently, but keep trying it WILL get easier! When I first started making these I would have to cut off 5 rows and sometimes more to get to where my "good" weaving started. Of course, I would have to start with a few more inches of wire to begin with to make up for all of what I cut off, now I only am having to cut off one row. One thing I started doing that helped was to make the first row really loose, the next a little tighter and so on until I finally got to a nice small weave. Another thing I did was to look at the space between the loops instead of the loops themselves when determining how tight to pull. Everyone has their own way of doing it and I'm sure you'll get yours too. And if you have time reread this thread from the beginning, it was very helpful to me when I started. Not only the hints you get from it but the fact that everyone had problems like yours and mine when they started. Oh and when you get frustrated to the point of throwing it across the room (like I did! LOL), take a break from it for a while.

Happy Weaving,

Lynne

havetime 02-09-2014 02:23 PM

??...we do use the tallest Mandel right??

gingerbread 02-09-2014 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havetime (Post 3193160)

No, we use the short one.

Truckwife 02-09-2014 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havetime (Post 3193160)

Every lot key I have done has been done with the small mandrel, small as in small in height and circumference . Your lot key should have specified which one.

Lynne

gingerbread 02-10-2014 01:01 PM

After I read these posts about mandrels I went back and read the instructions for making the interchangeable wrist wrap.

In the beginning of the instructions it states the shorter or smaller one is used for making the interchangeable. Then I noticed in the first picture of the interchangeable the number of beads is different than what I am making so I quickly checked my lot key to make sure I was doing my beads correctly.
I am and I did check that when I first got my lot key but that could be something someone could easily overlook.

Like Lynne mentioned read that lot key information carefully so you know just how to make your lot.

I'm sure on the sample to send in it is just like the instructions state for the interchangeable wrist wrap and it is the shorter mandrel.

I also wondered why we would need a taller mandrel for anything since you have to keep moving the chain up in order for it not to get stuck. I keep mine pretty close to the top of the mandrel.

I've re read those instructions five or six times.

havetime 02-10-2014 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingerbread (Post 3193406)
After I read these posts about mandrels I went back and read the instructions for
king the interchangeable wrist wrap.

In the beginning of the instructions it states the shorter or smaller one is used for making the interchangeable. Then I noticed in the first picture of the interchangeable the number of beads is different than what I am making so I quickly checked my lot key to make sure I was doing my beads correctly.
I am and I did check that when I first got my lot key but that could be something someone could easily overlook.

Like Lynne mentioned read that lot key information carefully so you know just how to make your lot.

I'm sure on the sample to send in it is just like the instructions state for the interchangeable wrist wrap and it is the shorter mandrel.

I also wondered why we would need a taller mandrel for anything since you have to keep moving the chain up in order for it not to get stuck. I keep mine pretty close to the top of the mandrel.

I've re read those instructions five or six times.

Well...that's my prob....ogl...so it is shorter..my instructs just say smaller....that it meant diameter...and to me it was taller one....well..guess I will get more wire....and do it right...
Thx girls....I'm not giving up...yet..."0

gingerbread 02-14-2014 08:49 AM

I've got half of a bracelet to do and I'll have my first lot completed.
I've gone slow on getting this lot completed and without trying, picked up speed so my next lot should go smoother, plus faster. Also I can see improvement in my weave.

I had some silver plating come off of one of my end loops and I can see a double weave loop isn't quite right. My lot isn't perfect so I have no idea what they will say. I do think all my bracelets are pulled tight enough, it's some of my weave I can find fault with.
Also one of my end loops may not exactly match in size but I'll tell you what I almost get cross eyed trying to figure out how close in size my loops are.

I'll post again when I get the critique on my first lot. I'm very proud of myself for accomplishing getting this lot made. I have put a lot of effort in trying to get these bracelets looking great.

Later (:

havetime 02-15-2014 08:28 PM

YeahGB!!!
I'm waiting for new wire so I can do the right size 2nd attempt. ..I still can't belive I was using wrong size.....but I had some other to try and viola. ..that was entire fix...:)