WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

5525carin 08-21-2011 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbellabasora (Post 2820629)
Hi Carin and Diane I am thinking of signing up with Titan Chains is it simple after getting the hang of it im looking for assembly work at home im loving the posts you both have put about to order. I hope it pays like it says im willing to put in the work n time to get use to it are there any tips you can give me or good video links i can start looking out now? thanks so much

Hello, I am mailing mine in on Monday, ended up having a catastrophe with a tenants sewer line on Friday so I got thrown off. I will find out if they pay probably by the following week. I found it a bit challenging but not impossible to learn. Once I got the hang of it I found it very enjoyable, although I did ***** my fingers several times and whacked my self good in the face while pulling it through the draw plate once (and only once).I had a harder time with finishing the end loops but hopefully they will either dock my pay or have me correct it if need be. If it does not work out I probably will get some books off amazon and start making them on my own to sell on Etsy. I will keep you posted on if it pays. I did find some videos on youtube by doing a google search for viking knit. I hope that helps. Good Luck.

5525carin 08-21-2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbellabasora (Post 2820823)
Also voicetress or anyone do they pay by check or send the pay to paypal when its payday?

I will hopefully find out by next week if they pay. The payout is on Tuesdays, they pay through paypal or if you want they will mail a check. I will keep everyone posted.
Carin

tbellabasora 08-21-2011 12:14 PM

hello

Thanks so much Carin do you know any good places I can look to start studying the viking knit process??? Also how long did it take you to get the hang of it?

5525carin 08-21-2011 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbellabasora (Post 2821013)
Thanks so much Carin do you know any good places I can look to start studying the viking knit process??? Also how long did it take you to get the hang of it?

I just followed the instructions that they will give you and did google searches to see what other people do. I didn't bookmark any of the site's though. There are several craft books on the subject that you could see about getting from your local library to get a better idea. There are two styles of bracelets and by the time I was on the second of each I had the hang of it. I do enjoy it and even if I don't get excepted I will pick this up on my own. I have always been crafty and enjoy a challenge. I hope that helps.

bjarena 08-22-2011 12:17 PM

Titan Chains

I too am interested in the Titan Chains Co. I have a couple of questions for those of you who have tried this:

1. Does it take a lot of finger/hand strength?

2. How much storage space do the tools and materials take up?

3. Is the commpany good about sending out materials and paying on time?

Thank you!

5525carin 08-22-2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjarena (Post 2821593)
I too am interested in the Titan Chains Co. I have a couple of questions for those of you who have tried this:

Thank you!

I am new to Titan Chains and have only done one lot so far. I just mailed them out today so I am not sure yet about the pay, I am still praying on that one.
As for hand strength I found it took a lot to pull it through the draw plate. I can see this part as an issue for some people. I knit and crochet on a fairly regular basis, so the muscles in my hands are pretty good for the actual knitting process for this project.
I just used my home tool kit bag to store everything in. If this is the real deal I will look into something different, especially for the wire.
I hope this helps.
Carin

bjarena 08-23-2011 09:12 AM

Hand Strength

Hi Carin,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I also crochet and knit on a regular basis, but also have arthritis and carpal tunnel in both hands so I am concerned about having enough strength for this project. I can still open most jars so I know I am not too bad yet. Is it just in the beginning that it takes the strength and then is more like crocheting?

Also, I am looking forward to knowing if they are good about paying.

I would like to use this as a supplement to substitute teaching.

Thanks Again!

5525carin 08-23-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjarena (Post 2822222)
Hi Carin,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I also crochet and knit on a regular basis, but also have arthritis and carpal tunnel in both hands so I am concerned about having enough strength for this project. I can still open most jars so I know I am not too bad yet. Is it just in the beginning that it takes the strength and then is more like crocheting?

Also, I am looking forward to knowing if they are good about paying.

I would like to use this as a supplement to substitute teaching.

Thanks Again!

I would say it does take a little more strength in the beginning but for me the hardest part was pulling it through the draw plate. My wrist were sore for about a day after that. I am not sure how you would do with this part. I feel I was using the same hand muscles for the actual knitting part as in crochet, just a lot of pulling and tugging.
Have you looked into New England Crafters? They are legit, it just takes time with the approval process. There is a huge folder under the craft companies tag. A lot of info to go through but it is worth the time. Good luck, and I will let everyone know soon how things turn out.;)

Chero 08-23-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starlighthill (Post 2800596)
This is a real mixed bag of feedback on this company and how hard the bracelets are. It's good to know they paid and returned a deposit. Not so good that they fire someone over their first try.
My kit arrived yesterday and I decided to start with Style 1. I can say that I was extremely frustrated at first. The hardest part for me was getting the thing started on the tiny mandrel. Once I got it going and began to understand how it all worked, it was much easier. As wmoore said, consistency is key.
I have a couple of tips to pass on.
1. Use a light you can direct on the work, like a Testor lamp. This is quite fine work.
2. Put bandaids on your fingers where they come in consistently come in contact with the wire. Pulling the wire digs into your skin. For me, I wrapped my index finger above the first knuckle and the same place on my pinky. I ended up double wrapping my index finger.
I found the work enjoyable and a nice break from my other WAH job.
I am having difficulty getting the memory wire through the bracelet. Any suggestions?
Diane

The firing had nothing to do with her first try..it had to do with the way her husband sent it back to them..That is why it is important to read all of the site..It says that overnight shipments are not allowed!.More than likely since she can make them,I do not see why she can not work with them again..I say this because so many that try either give up,or can not make them at all...

Chero 08-23-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjarena (Post 2821593)

Thank you!

They pay every Tuesday..on a weekly bases.