WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

racer13 08-23-2013 10:47 AM

Wondered if anyone has heard anything from Titan recently? I was working for them, they supposedly had supply issues a few months ago and haven't heard anything since. I really enjoyed making the bracelets and wondered if anyone knows anything about what their status is. Like I said, been a few months and cant even get an email response from them. You can private message me if you prefer if you have heard anything and would like to share. Thanks!

gingerbread 10-16-2013 07:08 AM

Titan was closed for a while and I noticed they now have a new website.

I am assuming they are still paying some of their workers for making the bracelets.

After reading their new website it sounded to me they are steering more to people making their jewelry and selling it on their own. Kind of like Disciples Cross.

I'm hoping someone will share how this company is working out for them.

After trying this company I was impressed with their setup but now I wonder what is going on with them as far as work at home and buying back.

I injured the joint in my thumb and couldn't continue with sending in my sample.:(

Truckwife 10-17-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingerbread (Post 3166736)
Titan was closed for a while and I noticed they now have a new website.

I am assuming they are still paying some of their workers for making the bracelets.

After reading their new website it sounded to me they are steering more to people making their jewelry and selling it on their own. Kind of like Disciples Cross.

I'm hoping someone will share how this company is working out for them.

After trying this company I was impressed with their setup but now I wonder what is going on with them as far as work at home and buying back.

I injured the joint in my thumb and couldn't continue with sending in my sample.:(

Thanks so much for the heads up.....I sent them another email today, waiting for a reply. It sounds (from what I read on the website) they are buying back but only 1 type of bracelet. It also looks like you have to buy each kit up front, but that will still work for me. So we'll see!!

Lynne

bluebird02 10-17-2013 10:39 AM

It also looks like you will have to send in a sample to get approved to make the bracelets. Before, it was an option just to see if you were making them correctly.

Truckwife 10-17-2013 03:44 PM

Back in Business

I just couldn't wait for a reply to my email, so I started the process by reading and filling out the Titan Crafter Agreement Form. Then I had an opportunity to do a "chat" on their website. They said that a few things have changed and that I would have to start from the beginning, which is understandable. So I ordered a kit and can't wait to get started again!!

If any of you are thinking of doing the same, I strongly suggest that you read everything on their new website. A few things have changed like they now use 2 sizes of mandrels and are only buying back 1 type of Wrist Wrap (bracelet). It's called the Interchangeable Wrist Wrap. Please do not buy anything based on what I've said.....I could be wrong!! Read everything you can and chat or email them with any questions you have.

I'll try to update regularly. Wish Me Luck! :)

Lynne

gingerbread 10-18-2013 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truckwife (Post 3167159)
I just couldn't wait for a reply to my email, so I started the process by reading and filling out the Titan Crafter Agreement Form. Then I had an opportunity to do a "chat" on their website. They said that a few things have changed and that I would have to start from the beginning, which is understandable. So I ordered a kit and can't wait to get started again!!

If any of you are thinking of doing the same, I strongly suggest that you read everything on their new website. A few things have changed like they now use 2 sizes of mandrels and are only buying back 1 type of Wrist Wrap (bracelet). It's called the Interchangeable Wrist Wrap. Please do not buy anything based on what I've said.....I could be wrong!! Read everything you can and chat or email them with any questions you have.

I'll try to update regularly. Wish Me Luck! :)

Lynne

From what you've said sounds like I could try this again.

I kept all of my kit because I wanted to go ahead and make the bracelets even if it wasn't for Titan.
So I'll get my mandrel and wire and see if I can make the bracelet without hurting my thumb. I know I was pulling the wire to tight because I couldn't get the wire under without using a tool to loosen the wire and I added more pressure to my hand holding the mandrel.

It would be worth it to go ahead and buy another kit if I can make this bracelet without injuring my thumb. My sample looked really good and I truly think I could make this bracelet and be paid for it. I wear the samples I made but never sent in, they look very nice.

Good Luck and really hope you will be making the bracelets for Titan soon.

[IMG]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/f...19931x1280.jpg[/IMG]

Here's a picture of my first bracelet, i can see room for improvement but I think with a little practice it would look great.

Truckwife 10-18-2013 09:07 AM

Ya, that sample looks pretty good, but I don't think they are doing that style anymore. The type I was doing when they stopped production was a combo of half single weave and half double weave. Look at the pictures of their products on the website. It became easy after a while. Have you ever tried putting the end of the mandrel in a piece of wood or plastic ( I use an old cutting board ) to keep the mandrel stationary. I think it makes it a lot easier on the hands and still able to get the weave tight. Good luck in trying again...let us know how it goes!!

Lynne

gingerbread 10-18-2013 12:32 PM

I read everything on the new website and also looked at all of the jewelry. When I bought my kit, this style I posted, was what they were using to approve you. I'm not sure how that works now. I'll be sure and get online and talk with them if I decide to buy another kit and give this another try.
I had read about the board and also saw the picture one of our forum members posted. Most certainly considered trying it and now that you've mentioned it, I will try it for sure. Thanks,
One of the things that I have found fun with making crafts for these work at home crafting companies is the challenge of getting it right. lol Because I was brand new at crafting when I first tried one of these companies, I have really had to use my noggin and be creative with ways to make the craft something approved.

I'll be sure and post how this goes for me and look forward to hearing from you.
Again lots of luck.

WTMW 10-21-2013 12:30 PM

Time ran out for me on my first pass with Titan. I never had a sample approved but felt I was getting better with my work and did like the finished product. I just didn't have the time to give to it then. But they emailed me with the news that they are looking for workers and have a new program.

I emailed them back with a few of the concerns I had from my first go-round and received prompt answers. An example was how hard it was to work with that wire (agree w/Gingerbread) and the answer is that they have new wire that she felt was much easier to work with.

I don't know how much they want shared here or not, but I can tell you that I have had prompt replies to several emails. I was encouraged by the answers given and my kit has shipped.

There is a kit available that does not include the tools - which I ordered because I have the tools I bought from them before - and then I bought supplies.

Cindy

gingerbread 10-21-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTMW (Post 3168185)
Time ran out for me on my first pass with Titan. I never had a sample approved but felt I was getting better with my work and did like the finished product. I just didn't have the time to give to it then. But they emailed me with the news that they are looking for workers and have a new program.

I emailed them back with a few of the concerns I had from my first go-round and received prompt answers. An example was how hard it was to work with that wire (agree w/Gingerbread) and the answer is that they have new wire that she felt was much easier to work with.

I don't know how much they want shared here or not, but I can tell you that I have had prompt replies to several emails. I was encouraged by the answers given and my kit has shipped.

There is a kit available that does not include the tools - which I ordered because I have the tools I bought from them before - and then I bought supplies.

Cindy

Thanks for this information, very very helpful.

The owner was the person who asked me not to post pictures of my work on a chat board.
I posted this latest picture because it's not even the style they are selling and also this same style is pictured all over the internet. Like you I'm really hesitant to say much.

I'm going to get my wire out and start practicing, try not to stress my thumb and I have some questions I need to ask them.

I read all of the information posted on their new website and in the information about selling the jewelry on your own, I got the impression they were leaning more toward that then buying back the jewelry. I need to talk with them about my concerns before buying another kit.

Really great the wire is easier to work with and if you have the tools you can purchase a kit without. That was something I was wondering about.

Again thank you so much for sharing and much luck with the bracelet. Really a good looking piece of jewelry.

I need to practice enough to get my rows all consistently the same distance between each other, I think that is my only problem with the two styles I first made for them. Also not pull the wire quite so tight. I'm going to try using a board but may not need it if the wire is easier to work with.

Hope you gals share how this is going for you, I was really impressed with this piece of jewlery and this company.