WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

wbmami 06-08-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat1954 (Post 2974082)
Thanks so much for the advice. Unfortunately, I've decided that this is just too difficult for me and I am sending the kit back today. Maybe I'll try something simpler. Any suggestions from anyone out there? What is this Viking kit I've been reading about? Is it similar to Titan, and how do I find more info? Thanks again, you have been very supportive!

The Viking Knit is what the Titan chains are. That's what the weave is called. You could try Creative Opportunities. They also do jewelry. There is a thread on them. It's under Brand New Craft Company. I haven't tried them yet because I wanted to get the Titan Chains going but eventually I will do a project from them. All the posts seem like positive ones and the owner of the company Christine also responded a few times on it. My advice is read all the posts and even call Christine if you have any questions about any of the projects.Good luck!

Lisa

BlendedFamilyof5 06-13-2012 07:31 PM

Well, I am sending my first sample tomorrow. I received my kit on Saturday and worked on the Style 1 chain on/off for a few days and completed it. After using store bought wire, I practiced the double-knit weave for a few attempts and finished that one today. Fingers crossed for some good feedback.

I will say one thing...me and the draw plate were not playing nicely and I was having trouble pulling the finished product through the second to the last hole. Then, I smiled sweetly at my husband and asked him to hold the draw plate while I pulled it through and it worked the first time. I wasted so much time being stubborn...LOL!

Truckwife 06-14-2012 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlendedFamilyof5 (Post 2977040)
Well, I am sending my first sample tomorrow. I received my kit on Saturday and worked on the Style 1 chain on/off for a few days and completed it. After using store bought wire, I practiced the double-knit weave for a few attempts and finished that one today. Fingers crossed for some good feedback.

I will say one thing...me and the draw plate were not playing nicely and I was having trouble pulling the finished product through the second to the last hole. Then, I smiled sweetly at my husband and asked him to hold the draw plate while I pulled it through and it worked the first time. I wasted so much time being stubborn...LOL!

Hi, Sorry but I just had to laugh, I had the same problem when I did my first bracelet. I am alone most of the time so I had to find another way. I now use the back of my kitchen chair, it has strips of wood w/ spaces in between. Seems to work well!

Lynne

BlendedFamilyof5 06-14-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truckwife (Post 2977194)
Hi, Sorry but I just had to laugh, I had the same problem when I did my first bracelet. I am alone most of the time so I had to find another way. I now use the back of my kitchen chair, it has strips of wood w/ spaces in between. Seems to work well!

Lynne

That is an awesome idea with the chair! Also, I thought about trying to figure out a way to use my feet, but was scared that I wouldn't pull it straight. LOL

BlendedFamilyof5 06-25-2012 07:49 PM

Update: Received my first sample back with a few notes on uniformity. Plus, they sent me some samples as well, which is very helpful. I'm going to work on my second samples tomorrow and tighten up my technique. Yay!

mustangsaguaro 06-26-2012 05:10 PM

For those of you wondering does Titan chains pay. Yes they do. I just got paid my 2nd payment. Here's the proof.

Titan Chains sent you $76.95 USD

Dear Kim Richman,

Just thought you'd like to know Titan Chains sent you $76.95 USD.
Note from Titan Chains:

6-26-2012: Titan Chain Payout: $75.00 + $1.95 shipping reimbursement.

BlendedFamilyof5 06-26-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustangsaguaro (Post 2983179)
For those of you wondering does Titan chains pay. Yes they do. I just got paid my 2nd payment. Here's the proof.

Titan Chains sent you $76.95 USD

Dear Kim Richman,

Just thought you'd like to know Titan Chains sent you $76.95 USD.
Note from Titan Chains:

6-26-2012: Titan Chain Payout: $75.00 + $1.95 shipping reimbursement.

Yay! Congrats on the paycheck and the update!

BlendedFamilyof5 06-26-2012 08:53 PM

3 Attachment(s)
For those of you that are already approved, can you take a peek at these photos. This is my second attempt and they mentioned that I just needed to tighten up the chains a bit and make them more uniform, especially on Style 1.

Truckwife 06-28-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlendedFamilyof5 (Post 2983247)
For those of you that are already approved, can you take a peek at these photos. This is my second attempt and they mentioned that I just needed to tighten up the chains a bit and make them more uniform, especially on Style 1.

Wow...those look very nice...I think you've got it! Good Job!!

BlendedFamilyof5 06-30-2012 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truckwife (Post 2984209)
Wow...those look very nice...I think you've got it! Good Job!!

Thank you!