WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

gingerbread 01-08-2015 01:42 PM

I had to quit making this bracelet because of a sciatic nerve problem caused from sitting and making this bracelet. After months of hard work and being approved it was taking me close to eight hours to make a bracelet. I am amazed anyone can make this bracelet from start to finish in one and half or two hours. Pretty much unbelievable to me after my experience. I timed myself from the time of cutting the wire to packaging the bracelet.

I have never in my life worked as hard as I worked to get something to work out, when making this bracelet.

I wanted to share a couple of things still bothering me that happened right before all of a sudden I couldn't walk, found out it was my sciatic nerve and had to quit making this bracelet. Literally could not walk.

At about my seventh bracelet to be completed in my lot of ten, I couldn't get my wire behind my first double loop. It was so frustrating It was so tight nothing would work to loosen it.
So it ended up leaving me starting over and wasting wire and time. I started making my first double loop bigger then usual so that way I was sure to get the wire behind it. But I was so afraid they wouldn't approve of that first double being bigger.

My next problem was the scribe. Everything I was using to open loops became broken or dull on the end. In the end I put that large scribe that looked like a screw driver deep into my finger. I just sit there crying because of so much frustration and so many times hurting myself making this bracelet. Plus my back and hp were killing me at this time.

I am so happy for those that are making money monthly making this bracelet. I have nine bracelets sitting here and never finished my tenth to send in.
It took me almost a full year to heal and I could never ever go through what I went through with the injury that happened to me. Can't even touch the materials to make the tenth bracelet, scares me to death.

I needed to post about my difficulty at the end of my making these bracelets. It really through me that making the bracelet never became consistently easy. Always something that caused me some difficulty. I had made other crafts for other companies and gotten paid but I put more time, energy and money into this project.

Congrats Snurfy and so hope everyone else I posted with while learning to make this bracelet has years of success.

I check this thread every once in a while to see how everyone is doing.

Luck to all.

leyusha 01-10-2015 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingerbread (Post 3242025)
I had to quit making this bracelet because of a sciatic nerve problem caused from sitting and making this bracelet. After months of hard work and being approved it was taking me close to eight hours to make a bracelet. I am amazed anyone can make this bracelet from start to finish in one and half or two hours. Pretty much unbelievable to me after my experience. I timed myself from the time of cutting the wire to packaging the bracelet.

I have never in my life worked as hard as I worked to get something to work out, when making this bracelet.

I wanted to share a couple of things still bothering me that happened right before all of a sudden I couldn't walk, found out it was my sciatic nerve and had to quit making this bracelet. Literally could not walk.

At about my seventh bracelet to be completed in my lot of ten, I couldn't get my wire behind my first double loop. It was so frustrating It was so tight nothing would work to loosen it.
So it ended up leaving me starting over and wasting wire and time. I started making my first double loop bigger then usual so that way I was sure to get the wire behind it. But I was so afraid they wouldn't approve of that first double being bigger.

My next problem was the scribe. Everything I was using to open loops became broken or dull on the end. In the end I put that large scribe that looked like a screw driver deep into my finger. I just sit there crying because of so much frustration and so many times hurting myself making this bracelet. Plus my back and hp were killing me at this time.

I am so happy for those that are making money monthly making this bracelet. I have nine bracelets sitting here and never finished my tenth to send in.
It took me almost a full year to heal and I could never ever go through what I went through with the injury that happened to me. Can't even touch the materials to make the tenth bracelet, scares me to death.

I needed to post about my difficulty at the end of my making these bracelets. It really through me that making the bracelet never became consistently easy. Always something that caused me some difficulty. I had made other crafts for other companies and gotten paid but I put more time, energy and money into this project.

Congrats Snurfy and so hope everyone else I posted with while learning to make this bracelet has years of success.

I check this thread every once in a while to see how everyone is doing.

Luck to all.

Hi gingerbread, sorry about your pain and disappointment. I have completed a few lots and waiting for my next - for some reason they are not assigning at the moment. Although I was approved on a second try, it took me awhile to manage making bracelets faster and with less damage to my body. It now takes me about 2.5 hours to complete one. The mailing time and the fact that you have to get the lot in by Friday and they only pay on Tuesday makes it possible for me to get paid only once every 3 weeks most of the time. I don't know how much better it gets once you are done with 10 lots. I like making them and have grown to depend on that money coming in, even though it's not much. I love making the all double weave design - they are so pretty. I'm a bit confused about what's happening with company right now - hope it's not just me they are not giving new lot keys to:). The only issue I still have in terms of discomfort to my body is pain in my left shoulder that was caused by holding mandrel a certain way while trying to open up loops with scribe. If that pain doesn't go away or gets worse I might have to stop, otherwise, it's been a good experience. I'd like to see what happens after the 10th lot. I hope you heal completely, best of luck.

gingerbread 01-10-2015 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leyusha (Post 3242224)
Hi gingerbread, sorry about your pain and disappointment. I have completed a few lots and waiting for my next - for some reason they are not assigning at the moment. Although I was approved on a second try, it took me awhile to manage making bracelets faster and with less damage to my body. It now takes me about 2.5 hours to complete one. The mailing time and the fact that you have to get the lot in by Friday and they only pay on Tuesday makes it possible for me to get paid only once every 3 weeks most of the time. I don't know how much better it gets once you are done with 10 lots. I like making them and have grown to depend on that money coming in, even though it's not much. I love making the all double weave design - they are so pretty. I'm a bit confused about what's happening with company right now - hope it's not just me they are not giving new lot keys to:). The only issue I still have in terms of discomfort to my body is pain in my left shoulder that was caused by holding mandrel a certain way while trying to open up loops with scribe. If that pain doesn't go away or gets worse I might have to stop, otherwise, it's been a good experience. I'd like to see what happens after the 10th lot. I hope you heal completely, best of luck.

leyusha

Thank you so very much for the well wishes, it means a lot.
I never thought I would have an injury to my hip and back from the repetitive work I was doing. I had problems with my hands in the beginning and that was my worry.

I so wanted to make this bracelet and like you and I suppose everyone being paid for making this bracelet, I wanted the money.
I think you being able to make a bracelet in 2 1/2 hours should be of help, I just was spending so much time trying to perfect what I was doing. Usually four hours each day but sometimes more when getting the bracelet tight at the end was giving me fits. I just couldn't seem to speed up much but if I had not been injured I may have eventually gotten faster.

Much luck to you and hopefully the pain in your arm will diminish and all will work out well.

I have no idea why they wouldn't be giving out lot keys. Have you contacted the help desk?

I enjoy reading this forum so please keep us all posted on how this is going for you.

snurfy2k 01-10-2015 10:01 PM

I was just thinking about you the other day Gingerbread! So glad you're doing better and you definitely need to take care of you first and foremost!!

I'm waiting for supplies to get to me now but I have run into slow periods with Titan!! I would love to do one lot a week, which is doable for me! And I was able to do that for about 2 months in a row last year with them, but lately, on average, it seems like I've only been able to get 2 lot keys every month!

I love making these bracelets!! If I could sell them myself I would, but I have 4 kids and I homeschool so, making them and selling them back to Titan is what works best for me!! :-)

Good luck everyone!!

gingerbread 01-11-2015 07:35 AM

Hey Snurfy

Quote:

Originally Posted by snurfy2k (Post 3242264)
I was just thinking about you the other day Gingerbread! So glad you're doing better and you definitely need to take care of you first and foremost!!

I'm waiting for supplies to get to me now but I have run into slow periods with Titan!! I would love to do one lot a week, which is doable for me! And I was able to do that for about 2 months in a row last year with them, but lately, on average, it seems like I've only been able to get 2 lot keys every month!

I love making these bracelets!! If I could sell them myself I would, but I have 4 kids and I homeschool so, making them and selling them back to Titan is what works best for me!! :-)

Good luck everyone!!

Hey Snurfy,
I think of you too. (;
I left all of my supplies, table, chair and bracelets in tact, thinking once I was well I would get right back to making my bracelets. But the injury was way to disabling and took so long to heal. Finally I accepted the fact I was not going to be able to make the bracelets.
As you can see they are still on my mind and I would love more than anything to continue. I wanted to make them with all of the different stones and loops that would differ from lot to lot. Would have been fun for me.

Hopefully the number of lots everyone is given will pick back up, maybe they go by how well the company is doing financially.

Great company to work for, I was impressed with them and the bracelets are certainly something a person would want to purchase and enjoy wearing.

I too think selling back to the company is a very good way to make money with this kind of work.

Much luck to you and really fun to post on the thread once again and talk with you and others.

leyusha 01-11-2015 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingerbread (Post 3242239)
leyusha

Thank you so very much for the well wishes, it means a lot.
I never thought I would have an injury to my hip and back from the repetitive work I was doing. I had problems with my hands in the beginning and that was my worry.

I so wanted to make this bracelet and like you and I suppose everyone being paid for making this bracelet, I wanted the money.
I think you being able to make a bracelet in 2 1/2 hours should be of help, I just was spending so much time trying to perfect what I was doing. Usually four hours each day but sometimes more when getting the bracelet tight at the end was giving me fits. I just couldn't seem to speed up much but if I had not been injured I may have eventually gotten faster.

Much luck to you and hopefully the pain in your arm will diminish and all will work out well.

I have no idea why they wouldn't be giving out lot keys. Have you contacted the help desk?

I enjoy reading this forum so please keep us all posted on how this is going for you.

Thank you for your wishes and advice (will definitely contact them) and i'll keep posting. Be well

5525carin 01-12-2015 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leyusha (Post 3242224)

I just wanted to let you know that I received this message with my last lot assignment "Dear Titan Crafter,
We want to notify you that we have to make some changes to our system for the upcoming New Year and there may be a delay in our ability to assign your next a lot key after this one. Our hope is the impact is minimal but just wanted to give you the heads up that there is a possibility of a delay for lot assignments in the next few weeks. Thank you for understanding if this occurs. -TC"

I am hoping that the delay won't be too long but I will find out after Tuesday.

Gingerbread,
I am so sorry that you had to go through so much pain. I do hope you will have a full recovery.

snurfy2k 01-12-2015 08:51 PM

I got a similar message at the end of December! They said that I could order my resell kit at anytime but asked that I waited till 1/4 before I sent a Lot Key Request! I hope they really are dealing with a system upgrade and not trying to sugar coat anything!! I know it's taking awhile sending me the resell kit! I ordered it on 12/31 and got an email on 1/7 that it had shipped...however, all they've done is made a shipping label for it. It technically hasn't been shipped yet! Hopefully by the end of January everything will be straightened out and everyone will have more consistent work!! Fingers crossed!! :-)

technocell1 01-12-2015 10:11 PM

This is very important

If your sample is made correctly: We’ll issue your approved Titan Crafter ID and at that point you can begin reselling your work to us! Payouts are only made on complete lots of 10 Interchangeable Wrist wraps submitted. You can request one lot key at a time, and after completing your first 9 lots you can begin requesting multiple keys at a time. You have 30 days from the date your lot key is assigned to complete and mail your lot.

If you cannot finish your lot on time, please submit the Lot Extension Request Form before your due date, so we can plan our inventory accordingly. You can request a maximum of two extensions, not to exceed 4 weeks total.

gingerbread 01-13-2015 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5525carin (Post 3242405)
I just wanted to let you know that I received this message with my last lot assignment "Dear Titan Crafter,
We want to notify you that we have to make some changes to our system for the upcoming New Year and there may be a delay in our ability to assign your next a lot key after this one. Our hope is the impact is minimal but just wanted to give you the heads up that there is a possibility of a delay for lot assignments in the next few weeks. Thank you for understanding if this occurs. -TC"

I am hoping that the delay won't be too long but I will find out after Tuesday.

Gingerbread,
I am so sorry that you had to go through so much pain. I do hope you will have a full recovery.

Karen, hi.(: Thank you so much for caring. Yes, the injury was just so awful but thank goodness I am now doing so much better.

Was happy for you when I saw you had gotten another chance to make the bracelets. Wishing you much success with all of your crafting and artistic creations. You are very talented.

I want to be sure and let everyone know there is no blame put on the Titanchains company for my sciatic nerve injury due to making this bracelet. This kind of injury can result from many different things and it just happened that sitting in one position for way too long and the constant pulling arm movement caused me an injury. When I researched this kind of injury, I then discovered all of the different ways this kind of injury can occur.

The Titanchains company was concerned when I told them I had been injured, explained to me my health was the number one concern and gave me a leave of absence from making this bracelet. Just to darn bad I can't continue but I wish everyone the best with making the bracelet and will continue to check in to see how everyone is doing.

gingerbread 01-13-2015 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by technocell1 (Post 3242455)
If your sample is made correctly: We’ll issue your approved Titan Crafter ID and at that point you can begin reselling your work to us! Payouts are only made on complete lots of 10 Interchangeable Wrist wraps submitted. You can request one lot key at a time, and after completing your first 9 lots you can begin requesting multiple keys at a time. You have 30 days from the date your lot key is assigned to complete and mail your lot.

If you cannot finish your lot on time, please submit the Lot Extension Request Form before your due date, so we can plan our inventory accordingly. You can request a maximum of two extensions, not to exceed 4 weeks total.

Just curious if you are working as a staff member for Titanchains.com? The owner, maybe?

We as members of wahm.com enjoy knowing a little bit about who is posting with us on this forum.(:

gingerbread 01-13-2015 10:20 AM

Interesting the timing of the post made explaining how titanchains pays for completed lots.

Maybe just maybe the post is telling us they now are issuing lot keys in a timely manner.

Hate to guess though.

snurfy2k 01-13-2015 06:37 PM

I was curious about that post also Gingerbread! ;-)

5525carin 01-14-2015 02:12 PM

Just letting those who are wondering about lot keys that I received mine today with no problem.

leyusha 01-15-2015 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5525carin (Post 3242674)
Just letting those who are wondering about lot keys that I received mine today with no problem.

Thanks so much for the update carin, I'll try my luck today.

gingerbread 01-15-2015 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snurfy2k (Post 3242557)
I was curious about that post also Gingerbread! ;-)

I asked Titanchains staff about posting on WAHM.com and they gave me some advice on what to post and what not to post. They didn't want the instructions on how to make the bracelet given out on the forum.

I have no idea if staff from Titan takes a peek now and then at this thread. I do know if I had a successful work at home company like Titanchains, I would keep up with what is said on the internet.

I doubt the post was made by the owner or the staff. I think if they had posted they would have been more clear with what they were posting and why.

Just a thought that ran through my mind after the strange post popped up.

Glad to hear all is back to normal.

Is anyone using a table vise to make their weave? Ya know that great video that shows the mandrel with the chain being held in the vise.

She rotates the chain to make each loop.and I was wondering if that would be possible with the Titanchain. I want to start making this bracelet once again but the only way I could possibly do it is if I could really speed up and not have to spend so much time with the weave. It took me way longer than most of you.
Holding the mandrel did not work for me because it was too much pressure on my thumb.

The mandrel placed in a board worked but I think the position I set in and the glare from the light I used to see better gave me big problems which added to the time it took me to make the weave. Also when you try and change the way you are making the weave it throws you off so that the weave is inconsistent.

If I got the vise the right height and had a better light source maybe I could speed up a bunch.

Just thinking about this and wondering if a vise would work.
Is there any tool you can hold in a vise that would rotate so that the mandrel would rotate?

Did most of you speed up because of practice or is it some different ways you found to make the weave?

Trying to post the YouTube video with the vise but can't remember how to post a YouTube video on this forum, darn.
Embedding does not work. Got this with using the URL in share.
http://youtu.be/m_qORrPjnwQ

I just watched the video once again and I see her mandrel is bent on the end. Our mandrel wouldn't fit in the top of the vise correctly. Darn, just another issue to try and figure out. Darn

gingerbread 01-15-2015 11:54 AM

I'm brain storming and with taking a look around at allen wrenches, I now see you can buy them as small as 1/16" diameter.

Problem with all of this is the cost for buying the vise, having a table it would fit on, I'm not thinking as tight as we have to pull the loop you could twist it around the mandrel like she is doing in the video. Using a tool to twist it would take extra time.

Geez I want to make these bracelets once again but I'm thinking the risk of another injury and the cost for a change up, that may not work, is not worth it.

I'll keep running this all around in my head.

leyusha 01-15-2015 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingerbread (Post 3242816)
I'm brain storming and with taking a look around at allen wrenches, I now see you can buy them as small as 1/16" diameter.

Problem with all of this is the cost for buying the vise, having a table it would fit on, I'm not thinking as tight as we have to pull the loop you could twist it around the mandrel like she is doing in the video. Using a tool to twist it would take extra time.

Geez I want to make these bracelets once again but I'm thinking the risk of another injury and the cost for a change up, that may not work, is not worth it.

I'll keep running this all around in my head.

I use vise and twist the chain around mandrel without any problem. The vise cost me $20. It also helps for when you assemble the bracelets. Taking the chain of the mandrel at the end could be hard sometimes. I'd wear rubber gloves and hold another glove around chain and twist it off.

5525carin 01-15-2015 06:41 PM

you may even find a vise on craigslist and a reasonable price.

I do not use a vise, I think my husband would have a heart attack if I put one on the kitchen table! Once we move I plan to have a craft corner, better yet a room, for just my work.

GoldN 01-15-2015 07:36 PM

Harbor freight has a hobby vise for $16.99 plus right now they also have a 20% coupon. The vise is articulated so it rotates and fits on a table top with suction. Might want to see if that works for you.

snurfy2k 01-15-2015 08:06 PM

Keep trying different things Gingerbread! Hopefully something will work for you without the pain! I got my beads in the mail yesterday so I'll have something to do tomorrow or Saturday night! ;-)

Has anyone received their 1099 yet? They're the only tax form that I'm waiting on but I don't want to bug them about it since, technically, they have till the end of January!!

Good luck everyone!!

gingerbread 01-16-2015 01:25 PM

Thanks to all of you who replied to my questions.

I have taken a look at table vises and learned so much.
I wish I had done more research on this when I first started making the bracelet.

I'm still running this all around in my head and reading as much as I can find about making viking knit jewelry. I found a video I missed and really enjoyed watching the video. It is a gal making a viking knit jewelry piece without using a mandrel. Truly amazing.

gingerbread 01-16-2015 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snurfy2k (Post 3242864)
Keep trying different things Gingerbread! Hopefully something will work for you without the pain! I got my beads in the mail yesterday so I'll have something to do tomorrow or Saturday night! ;-)

Has anyone received their 1099 yet? They're the only tax form that I'm waiting on but I don't want to bug them about it since, technically, they have till the end of January!!

Good luck everyone!!

I'm bumping this to the top since Snurfy has a question about taxes.(:

Neah 01-25-2015 08:21 PM

I got my 1099 yesterday in the mail

snurfy2k 01-26-2015 11:14 AM

Oh good Neah! Maybe mine will be in the mail today...fingers crossed! It's the only thing we're waiting on to file our taxes! ;-)

snurfy2k 01-26-2015 08:27 PM

I did get my 1099 today and a Lot Key so I'm ready to weave!!

Have a great day everyone!! :-)

Cupcake09 02-13-2015 10:38 AM

update?

I've read this thread from the beginning and found a lot of useful information about about Titans Chains. I am thinking about giving it a try but feel hesitant. I was just wondering if there are any new updates; are you still getting lots assigned or has work slowed down, etc.?

racer13 04-20-2015 04:29 PM

Still around?

Anyone still hear anything from Titan? I was one of their crafters, made about 1 lot every 2 weeks. Had a constant stream of work and communication with them. Sent my last lot in at the beginning of January, received payment, but haven't heard anything from them since. I have sent MANY emails and lot key requests, but nothing. Not even a single email back. Just wondered if ANYONE was receiving work or communication from them, or is it just me?

gingerbread 04-24-2015 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racer13 (Post 3252268)
Anyone still hear anything from Titan? I was one of their crafters, made about 1 lot every 2 weeks. Had a constant stream of work and communication with them. Sent my last lot in at the beginning of January, received payment, but haven't heard anything from them since. I have sent MANY emails and lot key requests, but nothing. Not even a single email back. Just wondered if ANYONE was receiving work or communication from them, or is it just me?

I was hoping someone would reply to your questions.
If you found something out please let us know.

I just received an email from Titan showing they are now selling necklaces. I would assume the homecrafter is making these.

I hope to hear why they have ignored you for so long.

5525carin 04-24-2015 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racer13 (Post 3252268)

I have had to email them in the past month and did hear back. Are you emailing them through your account page or through the email on the contact page? There is also a phone number on the contact page that you can call during their business hours. I would definitely try calling by now. They are assigning lots again.

racer13 04-25-2015 09:13 PM

I had been emailing their regular email, not thru my account page, as I always have in the past. We had always communicated quickly thru that email. Guess I will try on their website, and maybe calling.

brown2013 05-23-2015 07:31 AM

new to posts

Hi, I'm new to this post. I would like to know how business is going for you all. I have reas most of your thread. I am very intrested in working with Titan Chains and wanted to see if you all have any recommendations for me. What is it like to work for them and to do the weaving? Hope to hear from someone soon.
Thanks.

gingerbread 06-18-2016 09:28 AM

Hi all, I had to quit making this bracelet because of a back injury but check in every once in a while to see how things are going.

I have found the titan website says it's under construction, their Facebook page has not had a post since 2015.
The website has been under construction for a long time now. Are they still in business?

I edited this post because Tucows.com has to do with the website and not the company. Mark W. still shows as the Administrator of Titanchains. I had mentioned titans may have new owners but than realized the owner of tucows has nothing to do with the company Titanchains.

5525carin 06-23-2016 08:20 AM

They were bought out by someone else in 2015. I have not received any work since January 2016 and there has been no communication. My thought is they are no longer in business.

gingerbread 06-23-2016 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5525carin (Post 3277983)
They were bought out by someone else in 2015. I have not received any work since January 2016 and there has been no communication. My thought is they are no longer in business.

Wow, I'm surprised at the lack of communication, that's a shame because the Titan I worked for was so great with communicating and couldn't imagine them closing without letting everyone know what was happening. The new owner and management has left Titan Chains with a bad image, so sad.
Thanks for clearing up something that ended up difficult to understand. I even sent an email to the BBB and got no answer.

gingerbread 06-25-2016 03:03 PM

I took another look at whois.com and the BBB page for Titan. Alan Yu is listed as the principal (owner) of Titanchains on the BBB page but not on whois.com. Mark W is still showing as the Admin. of the website Titanchains.com Also since I emailed the BBB asking if Titanchains was closed and explaining why I thought they may be closed, they have put a notice on the BBB page for Titanchains saying they think it is closed. BBB page says, believed to be out of business.

I am doing a little research on Alan Yu, haven't found anything yet that would tell me much about him and Titanchains but I'll keep looking.

Just so strange the people working for Titanchains were not notified of what is going on with this business.