WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

starlighthill 01-28-2012 06:17 AM

Yes, you want to send in one completed bracelet of each style for them to critique. Titan Chains sent me a complete review that was immensely helpful for me to correct some mistakes before sending in a full lot.
I am now working on my 8th lot. I love Titan Chains! This is the best kind of work for me to earn money and still keep up with our small farm.
I know the mandrel and loops look microscopic when you first try. Once you have some practice in and are familiar with the process, you will see it with new eyes. For comfort and to stop the wire from poking, I tape my index finger and thumb of the hand that holds the mandrel with duct tape.
Good luck. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
Diane

yellowmini 01-30-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starlighthill (Post 2908548)
Yes, you want to send in one completed bracelet of each style for them to critique. Titan Chains sent me a complete review that was immensely helpful for me to correct some mistakes before sending in a full lot.
I am now working on my 8th lot. I love Titan Chains! This is the best kind of work for me to earn money and still keep up with our small farm.
I know the mandrel and loops look microscopic when you first try. Once you have some practice in and are familiar with the process, you will see it with new eyes. For comfort and to stop the wire from poking, I tape my index finger and thumb of the hand that holds the mandrel with duct tape.
Good luck. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
Diane

It sounds like you are doing great! After doing the bracelets for a while, how long does it take you now to do a bracelet?

starlighthill 01-30-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowmini (Post 2909453)
It sounds like you are doing great! After doing the bracelets for a while, how long does it take you now to do a bracelet?

It is hard for me to say since there are a lot of interruptions. I can comfortably complete a lot in 5 days and still keep up with the lamb's wool I'm processing. I keep up with the things I'm interested in by watching youtube videos while making bracelets.
Diane

yellowmini 01-30-2012 09:25 AM

Thank you

You are so gracious to answer right away! Mt friend and I signed up, got our ID#, but can't log in. Do you know how long it takes to process and add us to the site?

starlighthill 01-30-2012 03:02 PM

I'm sorry, I don't recall how long it took. You can email the Titan Chain info/help desk with that question:)
Diane

eddiezwahm 01-31-2012 12:59 AM

I also have taken the Jump on making these chains. I will let you all know how it goes for me.
For those who have already started, can anyone tell me why it takes (4) 50" pieces to make a chain that end's up 11.5" long ? Does it require that you need to splice additional pieces together for each chain ? Or does 50" make one bracelet ?

Thanks ahead of time.

starlighthill 01-31-2012 05:29 AM

Hi Eddiez,
I hadn't thought about that before, and it is puzzling. The chain isn't flat, it's cylindrical/3D. The length of the pieces gets taken up as you work around the mandrel making the loops.
Diane

yellowmini 01-31-2012 07:24 AM

I e-mailed the company, and they answered very quickly, so I urge anyone to ask questions to them. They also expressed the kit the same day I ordered it. I should get my kit tomorrow.

yellowmini 01-31-2012 11:35 AM

Has anyone heard of the Lazy Daisy tool, invented by a woman on UTube?

yellowmini 01-31-2012 11:36 AM

Sorry everyone, the tool is for viking knit chains.