WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

dudeabides 10-12-2011 03:13 PM

hi everybody. i sent in a lot about 4 days ago, how long does it usually take to receive some sort of reply? will they send an email with a review or just send it with my new supplies?

AnnaLynn 10-12-2011 07:34 PM

Thank you too BeWhole!

5525carin 10-13-2011 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudeabides (Post 2851138)
hi everybody. i sent in a lot about 4 days ago, how long does it usually take to receive some sort of reply? will they send an email with a review or just send it with my new supplies?

You should know if they were excepted by this coming Tuesday if you are being paid by paypal. They do pay later in the day. If you don't hear any thing by then send an email. I found out by the deposit and then got my review the next day. Sad to say they excepted my lot but let me go.
I wish you the best.

trudat71 10-22-2011 10:26 PM

i have tried it to. all last week i have worked on it, and it is not easy at all! it is a big mess. that's why they give you a month to complete the work which is 8 bracelets all together which makes 1 lot. if you manage to complete it, they pay you 120.00. to me it's just too much for that amount of money, but if you have the nack for weaving go for it.

odglass4u 10-31-2011 01:18 PM

titan chains

i saw on some website they used tape to hold the wire on the mandrel to start i wonder how it would work or how would you get it off when done i ask them about the lazee daizee toolthey said they could not sell that size i wish they could it seams a lot eaiser to do with it

anonemoose 10-31-2011 05:20 PM

Tape works fine for holding things in place. You can use any tape with no problem. The tape compressess the wire to the mandrel, keeping everything in one place while you start the first few rounds. After that point, you can take the tape off and keep working without it.

rmb 11-01-2011 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonemoose (Post 2861574)
Tape works fine for holding things in place. You can use any tape with no problem. The tape compressess the wire to the mandrel, keeping everything in one place while you start the first few rounds. After that point, you can take the tape off and keep working without it.

It sounds like you must be pretty familiar with Titan! Have you been making the chains long? I'm anxious to start with them, and will as soon as my budget allows. :o Do you commit many hours a week to them? I'm just curious if anyone out there is doing a couple of lots a week or more and if so, how long it would take to get to that level. I've seen a lot of great sharing on these boards. It's great that you share your advice and tips. :)

Thank you!

Rene'

debkayn 11-01-2011 02:37 PM

titan

Quote:

Originally Posted by JUNEGIRL72 (Post 2793938)
Has anyone ever heard of titan chains before? They are a work at home asembly co. I am thinking about joining them but would love to know if anyone has had experience with the company.

Hey did anyone sign up yet ? I just did, sounds good.

anonemoose 11-01-2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmb (Post 2861741)
It sounds like you must be pretty familiar with Titan! Have you been making the chains long? I'm anxious to start with them, and will as soon as my budget allows. :o Do you commit many hours a week to them? I'm just curious if anyone out there is doing a couple of lots a week or more and if so, how long it would take to get to that level. I've seen a lot of great sharing on these boards. It's great that you share your advice and tips. :)

Thank you!

Rene'

By way of explanation, I'm a hobbyist wire worker who doesn't want to be bothered with making my own stock to sell. Easier to make pieces for someone else and get paid!

I haven't devoted a lot of time to them yet, but I do have a lot of tips to share that can help make life easier.

First things first, however. Get thee to a Joann's or Michael's, buy some 24ga or 26ga aluminum wire, short dowel rods in the smallest diameter and pull up a single viking knit video and web tutorials. This is great practice for learning how to knit and joining in new wire as you run out. It shouldn't cost you more than $10-12 to get going.

Buy yourself some cheap stretchy gloves from Walmart. The ones with grippy palms are great for a little extra oomph. These types of gloves are thin enough to let you feel the wire while protecting you from potential pokes and cuts.

Lastly, buy a pair of chain nose pliers (cheap is OK) when you get the kit to help pull the wire through a tight space. They have saved my bacon many a time.

The main thing to keep in mind is that it is going to take forever the first time you do these with the actual wire. DO NOT GET FRUSTRATED AND PUT IT DOWN, no matter how hard you want to! You are not going to get the feel for the work unless you persevere. And, I promise, that your weaving gets better as you keep going. Once you have figured out how to be consistent, you can keep weaving to the designated length and cut off the lousy bits.

Let me know if I need to clarify something. :)

rmb 11-02-2011 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonemoose (Post 2862112)
By way of explanation, I'm a hobbyist wire worker who doesn't want to be bothered with making my own stock to sell. Easier to make pieces for someone else and get paid!

I haven't devoted a lot of time to them yet, but I do have a lot of tips to share that can help make life easier.

First things first, however. Get thee to a Joann's or Michael's, buy some 24ga or 26ga aluminum wire, short dowel rods in the smallest diameter and pull up a single viking knit video and web tutorials. This is great practice for learning how to knit and joining in new wire as you run out. It shouldn't cost you more than $10-12 to get going.

Buy yourself some cheap stretchy gloves from Walmart. The ones with grippy palms are great for a little extra oomph. These types of gloves are thin enough to let you feel the wire while protecting you from potential pokes and cuts.

Lastly, buy a pair of chain nose pliers (cheap is OK) when you get the kit to help pull the wire through a tight space. They have saved my bacon many a time.

The main thing to keep in mind is that it is going to take forever the first time you do these with the actual wire. DO NOT GET FRUSTRATED AND PUT IT DOWN, no matter how hard you want to! You are not going to get the feel for the work unless you persevere. And, I promise, that your weaving gets better as you keep going. Once you have figured out how to be consistent, you can keep weaving to the designated length and cut off the lousy bits.

Let me know if I need to clarify something. :)

Thank you so much for sharing! It's greatly appreciated and I will definitely take your advice :) It's great to have such good feedback!

Thanks again,

Rene'