WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

Neah 09-25-2014 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pehlearise (Post 3231465)
So I am thinking about doing this.... Can anyone tell me which kit I should purchase, and I noticed on the website it said to get a kit that makes at least one interchangeable. I do not know the difference between interchangeable and beaded.

Does anyone have any advice on which kit to purchase and how this whole shin dig works?
I want to order asap but would like more information! If anyone can share it

I got the deluxe interchangeable kit so I would have enough for a sample and my first lot of 10 wrist wraps. Titan currently only accepts the interchangeable design, so the beaded wrist wraps are only for personal use. It's really up to u on what u are looking for, I think with the basic u get about 2-3 wrist wraps out of it, with the deluxe about 12 I'd say and then with the complete u get supplies for the interchangeable wristwrap + the beaded.
Once u order a kit u can download the tutorial online & I suggest that u get some cheap craft wire and practice first until your kit arrives :).

5525carin 09-26-2014 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pehlearise (Post 3231465)
So I am thinking about doing this.... Can anyone tell me which kit I should purchase, and I noticed on the website it said to get a kit that makes at least one interchangeable. I do not know the difference between interchangeable and beaded.

Does anyone have any advice on which kit to purchase and how this whole shin dig works?
I want to order asap but would like more information! If anyone can share it

Thanks!

I started out with the Deluxe training kit for the interchangeable wrist wraps and also a sample wrap. There was enough material in my kit to make the ten wraps after my approval. If you were to go with the basic training kit then you would have to order more materials after you get approved. It really just depends on what you are comfortable starting out with.
I figured over time I will get the training kit specifically for the beaded ones to resell on my own. Good luck!

GeekyMommy 09-26-2014 04:24 PM

Hey Neah.
If you dont mind sharing. How much on average do you make from these bracelets a month? I know I am a bit slow at it but I can get faster with practice. Can this beat a part time job? I am hoping I can atleast make 300 a week.

Neah 09-26-2014 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeekyMommy (Post 3231693)
Hey Neah.
If you dont mind sharing. How much on average do you make from these bracelets a month? I know I am a bit slow at it but I can get faster with practice. Can this beat a part time job? I am hoping I can atleast make 300 a week.

I only do 2 lots a month. Once I get in my 10 lots, I am hoping I can go up to 4 a month so I could get one out every week. It all depends on your situation (childcare, gas&such). Its pretty realistic to be able to do 2 lots a week but u would probably do 40hr weeks & usually titan only allows one lot key at a time until u have reached ur 10th lot

f1gment 10-01-2014 08:31 PM

Hi.

I am working on making the chains, and I have a question for you all -

How many times do you draw the chain through a particular hole? When you're done, does it slide smoothly through, or is there some resistance still?

Thank you.

Neah 10-02-2014 04:40 AM

I usally pull it trough each hole about 3 times. I think usally the first 2-3 holes don't have much resistance and the last one is at first tough but after the 3rd i can usually pull it trough without much strength

f1gment 10-02-2014 11:02 AM

Okay.

I can't seem to get it as tight as the sample. Is it going to get kicked back for being too loose? My double weave part looks pretty good, I think. But I'm not sure about the single weave.

Neah 10-02-2014 06:08 PM

I couldn't get mine as tight as my sample either and I emailed the helpdesk because of it & they say they look more for consistency in the loops!!! Their helpdesk ist actually very helpful and they usually get back to u in about a day. If u feel good about your sample go ahead and send it in, u will then get a detailed review with what u should improve & tips or if your good u get ur tc id first try!!! I didn't get approved until my 3rd sample

f1gment 10-02-2014 09:00 PM

Well, my loops are pretty consistent, after the first few rows, lol. I'm still working on that.

I suppose I'll send it in and see, and work on getting it right while I wait. I did get two chains done and strung on the memory wire, so that's good I suppose.

I did e-mail the help desk. It was a very quick reply, they just said to make sure I pull everything tight to the mandrel. My double knit looks pretty good, I think. Almost like the sample, but my single weave I'm still not super happy with.

Lee908 10-14-2014 11:16 AM

Hello. Can someone do a video? It would be really helpful. I have been trying to get the viking knit part down but I cant get it to look like my sample. I want to know if this is how it should look. Once I pull it through the draw plate the loops are still big but everything is longer. Anyone have tips for securing the mandrel? I have just been using my hand.
-Lee