WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Craft Companies & Crafters (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/)
-   -   Titan chains (https://www.wahm.com/forum/craft-companies-crafters-140/582574-titan-chains.html)

Chero 08-23-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbellabasora (Post 2820823)
Also voicetress or anyone do they pay by check or send the pay to paypal when its payday?

It is however you request it..they will pay you to your paypal account or send you a check in the mail..Once you are ready to send them in,you will have to fill out the payout form..you can
let them know on the form how you want paid..hope this helps..

Chero 08-23-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5525carin (Post 2810558)
I ordered a kit from them the other day, praying it is legit. I got my login code and though I would be able to see their newsletter and instructions with it. So far I haven't been able to find the link. Is this something you get to see after you get approved to assemble for them? I'm a little nervous now.

You have to subscribe to their newsletter(it comes to your email address).The "How To" instructions website url,will come in your starter kit..they do not give it out before you get your starter kit..

starlighthill 08-25-2011 04:06 AM

I completed my first lot after waiting for feedback on the sample bracelets I sent. My first lot went out yesterday. I know they were better than the samples and hope they will pass inspection.
I agree with Carin about the draw plate. That is hard on the wrists. If you have someone that will pull the bracelet through those little holes for you the actual chaining doesn't require a lot of strength. I have a problem with my left wrist ( the one that holds the mandrel) and wore a brace on it when I worked on these.
Praying for a good report for you, Carin. What do you think about the time involved in making these, once you are skilled?
Diane

5525carin 08-25-2011 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starlighthill (Post 2823724)
I completed my first lot after waiting for feedback on the sample bracelets I sent. My first lot went out yesterday. I know they were better than the samples and hope they will pass inspection.
I agree with Carin about the draw plate. That is hard on the wrists. If you have someone that will pull the bracelet through those little holes for you the actual chaining doesn't require a lot of strength. I have a problem with my left wrist ( the one that holds the mandrel) and wore a brace on it when I worked on these.
Praying for a good report for you, Carin. What do you think about the time involved in making these, once you are skilled?
Diane

For myself I feel that I could make one lot a week. Once my son is a little older maybe two. I feel that the knitting part was easy once I got the hang of it but the finishing part was a little more challenging due to getting the circles perfect. I pray they will understand this is new for us and give us time to improve. Good Luck ;)! Keep us posted.

starlighthill 08-25-2011 11:50 AM

Finishing the ends gave me the biggest problems also. My daughter gave me a tip on getting them round after you make them. I don't know if I can explain it properly. It is what the jeweler does to a gold ring she has that goes out of round. The jeweler puts it on a mandrel and taps all around the band. I put the end as far down on the round pliers as I could and then squeezed the pliers shut. I kept moving the pliers and squeezing them shut. It helped quite a bit.
Has anyone else heard back on their lots?
Diane

bjarena 08-25-2011 08:48 PM

Thanks for all of the responses! I have thought of New England Crafters but all of the difficulties passing the specifications made me a little skeptical. I think that I am a very, good, neat, meticulous crafter, but still am concerned that they may be overly critical and make it difficult to actually pass their inspection.

I am a little concerned about the strength that titan chains takes, so maybe I would be better off with NEC.

Will give it some more thought and will take a look at the NEC forum again.

Thanks!

5525carin 08-26-2011 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjarena (Post 2824326)
Thanks for all of the responses! I have thought of New England Crafters but all of the difficulties passing the specifications made me a little skeptical. I think that I am a very, good, neat, meticulous crafter, but still am concerned that they may be overly critical and make it difficult to actually pass their inspection.

I am a little concerned about the strength that titan chains takes, so maybe I would be better off with NEC.

Will give it some more thought and will take a look at the NEC forum again.

Thanks!

Although NEC is strict it is not impossible. Start with a beginners project. I do know if you don't pass inspection after about four or five times (can't remember) you have the option of picking a different project. I did find the toe ring project to be to irritating though, just my personal experience. You can call them and someone will answer your questions.

tbellabasora 08-26-2011 01:10 PM

HI

I got my Titan Chains Kit today going to start to see how I do thanks for all the help keep me updated on the pay thing hopefully they will and all will be good now I just have to get the hang of it my husband got me some gloves for dealing with wires so I don't get cut thanks guys

Ltuck13 08-26-2011 01:14 PM

What kind of work? I am new looking for a work at home job that is real and not a scam , can't afford any more.

starlighthill 08-26-2011 06:41 PM

Good luck, tbella, I hope you enjoy making them as much as I do. If the gloves are too cumbersome to work with, put bandaids on your fingers to protect them. I do wear gloves when I pull the chain through the draw plate. Have fun and let us know how it goes:)
Diane