Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-26-2014, 05:32 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Any Jewelry Makers in here??

Hi everyone, just wondering if there are any jewelry makers in here? My sister and I both make jewelry. She has several sites that she tries to sell on like etsy, weebly, storenvy and facebook. Sales are slow but coming. Usually what I make I sell to the girls at work. Just curious if there is anyone in here doing the same and want to know what you find works or doesn't work. Trying to get ideas. Thanks for reading my post, and thanks for any input.
Anita
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2014, 10:44 PM
WAHM Addict

Hi Anita,
My husband and I are just beginning our adventure with jewelry making. We are enjoying it very much. I don't have a lot of answers as for what works and what doesn't yet, but would love to share when I do!
Old 04-30-2014, 09:43 AM
WAHM Regular

I do a few things my fav is trees of life
Old 05-08-2014, 06:16 PM
Registered WAHM

Yes, I'm a jewelry maker. I used to make wire wrapped and strung bead jewelry. However, when our furniture business died in 2008, I needed something to sell. So that's when we started crafting and selling our pendants online.

So we opened an etsy shop. My husband & I have sold on Etsy since 2008 full time. It's been super fun and I am here if you have any questions about selling on Etsy. You can contact me here or through my shop, homestudio.

I've found that Etsy is one of the best venues. However, sometimes it's hard to be found. So it's really important to market your shop online and offline. Craft fairs work well for some. Selling wholesale is a great way to get business too. I love marketing on Facebook, Pinterest and have done a few YouTube videos for our shop.

Consistency in an Etsy shop is important. Having a mishmash of stuff listed isn't the best way to go. Pricepoints in the low end tend to do well. Having sales around the holidays is great.

Hope some of that helps.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:58 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

wow its awsome
Old 06-17-2014, 10:30 AM
Super WAHM

I've been making jewelry for years, but haven't had much luck selling it. I've done three or four craft shows and had zero luck. I had zero luck on eBay and I've sold a few pieces through my Etsy shop, but only enough to pay for the shop with little to nothing extra for a profit..

I don't know what the problem is, because when I wear my pieces, I get a lot of compliments, and often strangers will ask me where I got it, so I know it is attractive. I love the creative process and love to make jewelry, but with sales basically stalled, it is discouraging. Marketing isn't my strong point; creating is.

Suggestions would be appreciated!
Old 06-18-2014, 06:10 PM
WAHM Regular

How did you all learn how to make jewelry? I would like to do so for a hobby, not as a business.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:01 AM
Super WAHM

A friend taught me how to make beaded necklaces, and I took lapidary and wire wrap classes.