Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-05-2014, 10:24 AM
WAHM Regular

Hey Fellow Crafters, I saw something new at the bottom of the Titan Chains website today.

http://www.marthastewart.com/america...e/titan-chains

Not sure if I copied that correctly, we'll just have to see I guess. Anyway, if you go to the Titan Chains website, at the bottom of any page it will have a symbol you can click on and it will take you to the Martha Stewart American Made Nominee site. Kind of exciting for Titan Chains & Titan Crafters (that would be you and me!!) to be nominated, huh? Just thought I would pass on the info... I also put it on my FB page and Twitter, I figure the more exposure the better for all of us.....pass it on!!

Happy Weaving,

Lynne

Last edited by Truckwife; 08-05-2014 at 10:29 AM. Reason: link not right
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2014, 11:40 PM
WAHM Regular

I saw that Lynne and thought it was pretty cool!! There's a place to share it on Facebook and Twitter to increase their chance of getting a wild card spot! Titan also has their own Facebook page that I try to share on my Facebook periodically! The more business we can continue to drum up for them, the busier we can stay! ;-)
Old 08-12-2014, 07:10 PM
WAHM Regular

I'm thinking of doing this and I was wondering if it was terribly difficult? Thanks!
Old 08-13-2014, 06:46 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweets2005 View Post
I'm thinking of doing this and I was wondering if it was terribly difficult? Thanks!
Hi Sweets,

If you haven't already, you should probably read this entire thread. It will not only give you some wonderful tips about learning the process, but will also let you know about some of the pitfalls. Everyone has their own idea of what is "terribly difficult", but what I can tell you is it takes a bit of practice and determination, but once you learn how to do it, it seems easy! What I would suggest you do is buy some wire and look for viking knit on youtube and practice to see if it's something you want to do.

Truckwife
Old 08-28-2014, 07:28 AM
Awesome WAHM

I signed up again with Titan Chains and received my kit this past Monday. I am pleasantly surprised at the changes made since Titans first was started. Though still a bit challenging the wire that is now used is so much easier to work with. I will be sending in my sample wrap tomorrow or Monday for them to review. I am so happy I decided to give this another try.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:04 PM
WAHM Regular

how long does it take to make one bracelet?
Old 09-09-2014, 10:46 AM
WAHM Regular

@Ternole
A bracelet consists of 2 chains.. it takes me abouth 45 min for one chain & I usually don't assemble my bracelet until I have my 20 chains.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:19 AM
Awesome WAHM

I just got approval yesterday and am ready to start making my first lot!!
Old 09-13-2014, 08:41 AM
Registered WAHM

Should be getting my sample and evaluation report today! I found it quite easy to work this bracelet. Yes I had trouble on the end loops but it's tight. I'm not expecting to be approved the first time but let's hope so!
Old 09-13-2014, 06:06 PM
Registered WAHM

Hello everybody,
Thank you for sharing your experiences, reading these messages helped me decide to trust Titan and sign up with them. I wanted to see if anyone struggles with putting chains on the memory wire - it seems to be the hardest part for me. I'm assembling my first lot - the chain-making process is pretty enjoyable, but the chains just won't go over the memory wire. Last night I spent 3 hours with just one chain. I've read here that someone made chains so tight they wont come off the mandrel. Mine are as tight as I can get them but come off the mandrel without too much struggle so they are not too tight, I guess, but as tight as the sample that got accepted. When I did my sample I was able to twist it onto memory wire relatively easily. Anyone has a special technique maybe? Any help will be greately appreciated. Thank you

Tags
update