Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Craft Companies & Crafters > Craft Companies & Crafters

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:21 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Default Ret's Inc. Bookmarks, Cards & Key Chains

WILL BE POSTING ABOUT MAKING UNITS OF BOOKMARKS FOR EZMARK ON THIS THREAD. ALSO SONRISE GREETING CARDS ANDJDKEYCHAINS ARE PROJECTS OFFERED BY RET'S INC.

RET'S INC. OFFERS THREE PROJECTS

EZMARK BOOKMARKS

SONRISE GREETING CARDS

JD KEY CHAINS

ALSO RET'S HOLM PRODUCTIONS HAS SIMPLE KNOTS WHICH IS A FAITH BRACELET
Edited by: gingerbread

Last edited by starbirdy66; 10-26-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2008, 08:35 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Info on a Unit of Bookmarks

You send in thirty five bookmarks when you start getting paid.
At this time because they are in need of bookmarks in a bad way they pay for partial units. Any amount that you make correctly. They pay for postage on the package sent if they accept some. They send your bad ones back which you can take apart and redo. It takes me less time to take apart than to braid the two braid to start a bookmark. So you have lost no money on supplies.
You have spent time making them. But if you are not making them right you needed the practice anyway.
So now that I am further along with the whole process involved in making a unit for money it looks good all the way around.

The key is do not quit. Everyone has a different technique to making these. Practice makes perfect.

Ten more to do on my unit. Redid two of them. Last time I did not redo. Thought it important to try and get paid for a full unit especially because they need them so badly.

Good luck to all who are making the bookmarks

Edited by: gingerbread
Old 09-17-2008, 11:47 AM
WAHM Regular

Hi ginger bread... Could you give me alittle more information on these bookmarks? Like.... How Long does it take to make one, and how much is their starter kit? How many times did it take you to pass inspection, and things like that.... I am very intersted in this. I am currently making the beaded "happiness bell" through Gussies Gifts, but my first try did not pass, so now I am trying again. Thanks in advance for all your help!
Crystal
Old 09-17-2008, 01:18 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Crystal Hi. The website address is ezmarkbookmarks.com

The registration cost is $14.00, the start up kit cost is $15.00 and the shipping and handling is $4.95 for a total of only $33.95.

They send you embroidery floss to make three samples. After you are approved they send you the floss to make a unit, which is thirty-five bookmarks. That is the fifteen dollars you paid.

After reading posts on the thread for Ezmark people all differ in the amount of time it takes them to get approved. Some have sent in one bookmark and been approved. I was approved on my third bookmark sent in. I had an extremly difficult time where some have posted it was easy for them. After approval you send in thirty-five. I only had nine they accepted and paid for in my first unit. I am about ready to send in my second unit and hopefully I have done a better job.

I can tie one in one hour and forty minutes. But usually I take a couple of hours on one bookmark. I am doing it more like a hobby instead of a job at this time. I need to still be very careful about being accurate. Also my hands get tired. So am trying to go at it slowly.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:29 PM
WAHM Regular

Ok, so I went back and looked on here to see what I ask beacause I have posted in so many different places..... lol... And I see that I pmed you and ask you the same exact question.... I am so so sorry... lol.. Anyway I went ahead and ordered my starter kit, so I really really hope this works. And I thank you for your information, and I am sorry again that my mind was jumbled and I ask the same thing twice....!!!

Thanks Again,
Crystal
Old 09-17-2008, 09:31 PM
WAHM Regular

Oh by the way I will keep you updated on how things go, and maybe you could give me some tips on what you learned with the bookmarks!
Old 09-18-2008, 07:16 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Crystal, I will be happy to give you any info you will need about the bookmarks.
I pm'd you. You have not been a bother at all by asking questions or repeating them.
I edited my posts about the unit trying to help those making them for approval feel more comfortable. Thought I had boasted to much about my unit getting nine bookmarks accepted. Felt embarrassed and uncomfortable. Maybe I should have left the posts there since it is not understandable why I took them off. I am sorry.
I have alot posted about my experience from thestart of my making a bookmarkto my sending in the unit that got only nine accepted. And you said you read that so hope that helped.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:39 AM
WAHM Fanatic

If I work on my unit and stay away from football this weekend my unit will be in the mail Mon. I think it looks great. I should know by Fri. of next week how I did. Will be starting on my third unit right away because I think I did really well.
Good wishes to all making the bookmarks.
Talk with you again soon.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:54 AM
Super WAHM

Great job Cindy.

Can't wait to hear how you make out on your 2nd unit. Keep us informed!!

Remember...don't send it Express mail....
Old 09-20-2008, 10:54 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Thank you Ruschele. I bought pre-paid Priority Mail envelopes Now I think that probably was not a good choice. They are pretty big. Hope they fit in that PO box. I would hate to think about a notice to pick it up again

I made about ten out of the pink and blue floss they sent me. I thought they looked great until I started making them out of my floss again. There is a difference. My floss makes them perfect. The pink and blue is close but not perfect. So I will find out how much the limp ones had to do with it all.
And how close, close has to be.

I am done with experimenting and going to press on with dmc floss colorsthat I know makes good ones.

I think I am desensitized and calmer about it all. But of course want to hear they are paying me for most of them if not all.